Kevin Sinfield’s Next MND Fundraising Challenge

• Gomersall changed the title to Kevin Sinfield’s Next MND Fundraising Challenge

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Please quote authoritative information that:

1. This government is stupid.

2. What this 50 million is.

3. What is it for?

4. When it was promised and who promised it.

Ask Sinfield, he knows more than you or I on the subject, are you insinuating he is lying?

You really need me to answer number 1. Really?

Anyway I called them shambolic, that’s not difficult to back up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is plainly a political (and contentious) statement. Just because Sinfield has said it, does not make it true. As expected, some people on here, in their ignorance,  want to blame "this government" for everything, all the time,  just because it's not the govt. they want.  Such people ave their own safe space on here. It's called the political sub-forum. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

Please quote authoritative information that:

1. This government is stupid.

2. What this 50 million is.

3. What is it for?

4. When it was promised and who promised it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/boris-johnson-prime-minister-mnd-government-b966094.html

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

This is plainly a political (and contentious) statement. Just because Sinfield has said it, does not make it true. As expected, some people on here, in their ignorance,  want to blame "this government" for everything, all the time,  just because it's not the govt. they want.  Such people ave their own safe space on here. It's called the political sub-forum. 

I don’t blame the government for everything, i do blame them for not giving the money they promised  in this instance though.

The disgraceful " blood on their hands" political comment from Sinfield is beneath him, but no surprise that the obvious forum candidates have jumped on that particular bandwagon.

Clearly, Sinfield's fundraising activities are outstanding, and the tremendous effort he has put in for the cause is admired greatly. It's understandable, too, that he is demonstrating  his emotions in this way. We all feel a connection to  Rob Burrow, Dodie Weir, Mike Gregory, Stephen Hawking and others, I assume.

However, by politicising the cause in this way, he does leave himself open to criticism. Really, anyone who thinks that civil servants willingly translate Prime Ministerial commitments into actions at speeds other than glacial needs a serious reality check. 

In any case, it's £50 million over five years, the rules for getting hold of this are being clarified, and it will happen.However, this is highly political and should be discussed in your safe space, the political sub forum.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested, 

Rob Burrow motor neurone disease centre location confirmed as Leeds site demolition work begins

Demolition work has begun to prepare the way for the construction of the planned £5m Rob Burrow Centre for Motor NeuroneDisease in Leeds.

• Haha 1