We need to lose to teams like Batley so we can beat Leigh

tuutaisrambo

21 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

It'a all part of the process............listen around 29 minutes 😬

"You don't learn through winning" he says. But if you've won and correct me if I'm wrong, haven't you already learned because you have actually WON. He comes across as condescending when he speaks of other teams as if they should be an inferior product. Batley and Fax on their day are as every bit as good as Fev and is only duty was to try and beat them with his tactical approach but on this occasion the coaching staff and team came up short BECAUSE Batley were better. That's Sport.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Having slept on it i thought M.C. would have announced he had gone this morning.I can't another season with him in charge.

Think that he only had a contract for this season, so surely, it's just a matter of time before he leaves, as it's hard to believe Campbell would give him an extension. 

Taking stock and looking across the whole season, I don't think there was any marked step change in performances. In addition, the squad changes and selections were hard to fathom in the most part. Coupled with this, the players look unenthused, the body language alone is poor, indicating the players lack inspiration and direction. The coach needs to find a captain who can lift the team when things aren't going to plan (Locky has been a good servant but he looks cooked now), accepting the coach needs to set the tone in the first instance. 

It appears that the coaches attitude and demeanour, simply does not inspire the players. Despite the fanfares, we have produced a lot of ordinary displays. Personnel changes are needed also as we have too many old legs in the squad.

Focusing on the coach alone, I hoped I'd be wrong but the more the season went on, the less I could tell what influence he was having. He's not a great communicator and his ego precedes him, I could live with all of that if we were making strides forward but I don't see that we are. The two debacles against Batley at home this year serve to underline the fact.

Interested to know what others think on this, do we stick and hope for a sea change, or if MC acts, whose out there who we could put our trust in?

• Like 1

On 26/09/2022 at 15:18, Tubby said:

Watching games from earlier in the season, we were playing far more expansive, exciting and effective rugby. The longer McDermott was here, the worse we played. He tore the heart out of the team in more ways than one. 

He did a good job of tearing the heart out of us supporters 😢. 

• Like 1

On 26/09/2022 at 15:10, Eternal Rover said:

Taking stock and looking across the whole season, I don't think there was any marked step change in performances. In addition, the squad changes and selections were hard to fathom in the most part. Coupled with this, the players look unenthused, the body language alone is poor, indicating the players lack inspiration and direction. The coach needs to find a captain who can lift the team when things aren't going to plan (Locky has been a good servant but he looks cooked now), accepting the coach needs to set the tone in the first instance. 

It appears that the coaches attitude and demeanour, simply does not inspire the players. Despite the fanfares, we have produced a lot of ordinary displays. Personnel changes are needed also as we have too many old legs in the squad.

Focusing on the coach alone, I hoped I'd be wrong but the more the season went on, the less I could tell what influence he was having. He's not a great communicator and his ego precedes him, I could live with all of that if we were making strides forward but I don't see that we are. The two debacles against Batley at home this year serve to underline the fact.

Interested to know what others think on this, do we stick and hope for a sea change, or if MC acts, whose out there who we could put our trust in?

I was shot down in flames on here just a few weeks back when I suggested that there didn't seem to be a great team spirit.  As far as McD goes I've been calling him an idiot all year.  The general response was judge him at the end of the season.  I never understood that - did anyone really need to witness THREE unsuccessful attempts to beat Batley before realising something was wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I was shot down in flames on here just a few weeks back when I suggested that there didn't seem to be a great team spirit.  As far as McD goes I've been calling him an idiot all year.  The general response was judge him at the end of the season.  I never understood that - did anyone really need to witness THREE unsuccessful attempts to beat Batley before realising something was wrong.

Can't fault any of your logic. Hopefully we get a more inspiring figure to coach us next year.