Sean Long New Coach

Monkeymagic22

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Not Ford for me.  Interesting the comments about Orr, I don't know much about his coaching career, head coach at has he beenany level, or stuck at assistant so far?

When he finished playing in 13 went as assistant coach first with Millward then Powell before joining salford in 20 as assistant to Marshal and staying with  Rowley However he did a month at the carpet carriers  as caretaker coach winning 2 out of 3 between millward leaving and powell arriving

When he joined salford  Danny said I’ll be focusing on coaching the attack.and Marshall said he will have input in our back play and attack.“He also has a sound knowledge on defensive systems and kicking too. 

So maybe the time is  ripe to step up to the plate

49 minutes ago, POR said:

When he finished playing in 13 went as assistant coach first with Millward then Powell before joining salford in 20 as assistant to Marshal and staying with  Rowley However he did a month at the carpet carriers  as caretaker coach winning 2 out of 3 between millward leaving and powell arriving

When he joined salford  Danny said I’ll be focusing on coaching the attack.and Marshall said he will have input in our back play and attack.“He also has a sound knowledge on defensive systems and kicking too. 

So maybe the time is  ripe to step up to the plate

Ta. All sounds positive if he happens to be in our radar. Exciting times looking for a new coach, I’m looking forward to seeing a bit more entertainment again.  

8 hours ago, DEANO said:

Don’t think it matters who your next coach is. There is always some other club with a bit more brass

Yeah yer right but we have to just get on with it and keep trying or what is the point ? We have a bit more brass then Batley but it didn't make any difference.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah yer right but we have to just get on with it and keep trying or what is the point ? We have a bit more brass then Batley but it didn't make any difference.

This is true

• Like 2

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

For me there's only one man to turn around Featherstone, he's applied himself brilliantly this season, coaching a team of avarage players and turned them into a fighting unit punching far above their weight 

Forget Danny Ward

Forget James Ford

Forget Danny Orr

The man you need is....... 

Craig Lingard👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

A workman of a coach who gets the most out of his players

Just what Rovers need🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

For me there's only one man to turn around Featherstone, he's applied himself brilliantly this season, coaching a team of avarage players and turned them into a fighting unit punching far above their weight 

Forget Danny Ward

Forget James Ford

Forget Danny Orr

The man you need is....... 

Craig Lingard👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

A workman of a coach who gets the most out of his players

Just what Rovers need🤔

Apparently Coolie, Craig and Mr Campbell don't get on,apparently.

52 minutes ago, coolie said:

That's bad news for you then

Any update on players leaving you?? 

Think we might be in for a couple 🤔

I know one who is off to Dewsbury but its not official yet,so got to keep quite.

• Like 1

Summat tomorrow. 

Coach? 

Kit? 

New Era.... More caps? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

31 minutes ago, lingaro said:

New s h I t e?  Or same old S h I t e. Please not another coach on a 1 year contract s h I t or bust.  Its killing us. 

We've had (at least, I've probably missed a caretaker) 10 since Powell left in May 2013:

Sheridan, Evans, Long, Bastian, Hay, Sharp, Duffy, Carr, Webster, MacDermott.....

Will next year be the year the bridesmaid makes it to the altar? 

I reckon, SL will get you to SL.... finally!

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Will next year be the year the bridesmaid makes it to the altar? 

I reckon, SL will get you to SL.... finally!

Who knows Piggy but SURELY we should see a TEAM game like Batley,most of us never wanted McDermott.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Good choice Long likes to play open Rugby ,the backs should see more of the ball and he has always valued the kicking game.Would like to see a defensive coach as his assistant we need to improve there.Happy for once😄

For ONCE ? 😆 🤣