Sean Long New Coach

Monkeymagic22

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Enjoy the DREADFUL' football ' it was really ######.

i  you can,t  polish a ######😉

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Enjoy the DREADFUL' football ' it was really ######.

On 06/10/2022 at 21:07, coolie said:

No much needed unfortunately 

Clear out was required, and while your just treading water for the last few years, a winning season will put smiles back on the fans face's 

Meanwhile featherstone not even making the million pound game 

Cheered up many who had bad campaigns in 2022

Don't disappoint in 2023 will you

It probably is your last chance to make the big time mate

Before the drawbridge goes up🤔

Much needed 😂 really.  You sound like a conservative politician. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Not that suprising - its been a done deal for a couple of weeks 

Why does it matter when it was a done deal? This wasn't common knowledge until yesterday, otherwise it would have been all over the internet, so it is surprising, because he signed a contract extension to the end of 2024 less than a year ago and is now leaving not to take up a head coaching role but an assistant's position.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lingaro said:

Much needed 😂 really.  You sound like a conservative politician. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

With relegation comes a clearing of contracts, a wiping of the slate so you can take stock, rebuild with new players, we've flirted with relegation from before the covid years and it's not fun to watch, year after year winning a hand full of games a season, anybody can watch a winning team like featherstone, but watching your team lose week after week takes a dedicated fan of rugby league, I embrace relegation this season because it will freshen up the team, give us a chance for a successful season, bring our fans back that have dropped off watching, Liam Finn & Tony Smith are going in the right direction with recruitment which I'm sure will secure at least a top 2 finish, there's a buzz about the place again, and fans getting excited. 

Sometimes needs must.. And with relegation this season.. It was 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

With relegation comes a clearing of contracts, a wiping of the slate so you can take stock, rebuild with new players, we've flirted with relegation from before the covid years and it's not fun to watch, year after year winning a hand full of games a season, anybody can watch a winning team like featherstone, but watching your team lose week after week takes a dedicated fan of rugby league, I embrace relegation this season because it will freshen up the team, give us a chance for a successful season, bring our fans back that have dropped off watching, Liam Finn & Tony Smith are going in the right direction with recruitment which I'm sure will secure at least a top 2 finish, there's a buzz about the place again, and fans getting excited. 

Sometimes needs must.. And with relegation this season.. It was 🤔

A dedicated fan isn't just for one season Coolie. For example I've watched Fev since August 1963 so you can imagine how many ups and downs I have seen. There are people a lot older than me and still going. So yes we have been were you have been and we can also boast we have been were St Helens are at the top of the main division. That's what is good about watching Rugby League and Fev. So I do enjoy watching a winning side and I and a lot more deserve to, because we have watched them lose on many occasions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

A dedicated fan isn't just for one season Coolie. For example I've watched Fev since August 1963 so you can imagine how many ups and downs I have seen. There are people a lot older than me and still going. So yes we have been were you have been and we can also boast we have been were St Helens are at the top of the main division. That's what is good about watching Rugby League and Fev. So I do enjoy watching a winning side and I and a lot more deserve to, because we have watched them lose on many occasions.

Featherstone was used as an example, August 1963 eh... That was the month and year of my birth, think I was born on a Friday... Back in them days games were on Saturdays.. So I'd hazard a guess it was the 24th... Long time that, I pointing towards Keighley as an example, on their backsides, no fans, going nowhere Smith chucks a few quid in and BOOM 2000 fans, easy supporting a winning team, but nowhere to be see when it's dismal rugby and losing every week, let's see the 2000 there when the money drys up, the team is losing.. Won't be 2000 fickle glory hunting fans then... Will be down to the 300 hardcore fans who turn out in bad times... And not just the good, I ask where and what have all them fans been doing on Sundays instead for trailing down the Lane supporting thru thin and thinner, and will those sheep fans venture to Bradford when Keighley's 15 minutes in the sun is over, I've very sceptical about a team who has little fans, then suddenly explodes with fans, what's the gimmick behind it, people won't rock up to a sport they know nothing about, pay £20 and follow the team, Barrow used a gimmick to get people in early and spend money before kick off... So what's Keighley gimmick... And if they say "not got one" 

Someone is lying 🤔

P. S

You was away to Halifax on the 24th August 1963🤔

Edited by coolie

3 hours ago, lingaro said:

Sykes has signed a 3 year extension I hear. 

Don't rule it out 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

Might be a useful benchwarmer who can fill in various positions

And proved over the last few seasons.... The sinbin can get graced with his presence 🤔🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Featherstone was used as an example, August 1963 eh... That was the month and year of my birth, think I was born on a Friday... Back in them days games were on Saturdays.. So I'd hazard a guess it was the 24th... Long time that, I pointing towards Keighley as an example, on their backsides, no fans, going nowhere Smith chucks a few quid in and BOOM 2000 fans, easy supporting a winning team, but nowhere to be see when it's dismal rugby and losing every week, let's see the 2000 there when the money drys up, the team is losing.. Won't be 2000 fickle glory hunting fans then... Will be down to the 300 hardcore fans who turn out in bad times... And not just the good, I ask where and what have all them fans been doing on Sundays instead for trailing down the Lane supporting thru thin and thinner, and will those sheep fans venture to Bradford when Keighley's 15 in the sun is over, I've very sceptical about a team who has little fans, then suddenly explodes with fans, what's the gimmick behind it, people won't rock up to a sport they know nothing about, pay £20 and follow the team, Barrow used a gimmick to get people in early and spend money before kick off... So what's Keighley gimmick... And if they say "not got one" 

Someone is lying 🤔

P. S

It was 31st August v Warrington at home. If my memory serves me right we lost 24- 32 and the crowd was 8000 plus. Happy times😊 You are quite right matches were all played on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

It was 31st August v Warrington at home. If my memory serves me right we lost 24- 32 and the crowd was 8000 plus. Happy times😊 You are quite right matches were all played on Saturday.

Think you finished 4th that season, like the 2023 season... We played in the division below you🤔

6 hours ago, coolie said:

Featherstone was used as an example, August 1963 eh... That was the month and year of my birth, think I was born on a Friday... Back in them days games were on Saturdays.. So I'd hazard a guess it was the 24th... Long time that, I pointing towards Keighley as an example, on their backsides, no fans, going nowhere Smith chucks a few quid in and BOOM 2000 fans, easy supporting a winning team, but nowhere to be see when it's dismal rugby and losing every week, let's see the 2000 there when the money drys up, the team is losing.. Won't be 2000 fickle glory hunting fans then... Will be down to the 300 hardcore fans who turn out in bad times... And not just the good, I ask where and what have all them fans been doing on Sundays instead for trailing down the Lane supporting thru thin and thinner, and will those sheep fans venture to Bradford when Keighley's 15 minutes in the sun is over, I've very sceptical about a team who has little fans, then suddenly explodes with fans, what's the gimmick behind it, people won't rock up to a sport they know nothing about, pay £20 and follow the team, Barrow used a gimmick to get people in early and spend money before kick off... So what's Keighley gimmick... And if they say "not got one" 

Someone is lying 🤔

P. S

Yes,Coolie.Someone is lying.

You must be the Piers ' ultracrepidarian ' Morgan of the north.

Do a bit of research before you do your posting.

Check ownership of clubs since the 1990's to the present day.Particularly Keighley Cougars.

With all the dishonesty in country,and sport,some people may be specific about who they trust when attending rugby league games.

Sometimes in life,decent people do decent things,work hard,and gain success.

Must be a gimmick.Maybe that's what it is.

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

21 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Yes,Coolie.Someone is lying.

You must be the Piers ' ultracrepidarian ' Morgan of the north.

Do a bit of research before you do your posting.

Check ownership of clubs since the 1990's to the present day.Particularly Keighley Cougars.

With all the dishonesty in country,and sport,some people may be specific about who they trust when attending rugby league games.

Sometimes in life,decent people do decent things,work hard,and gain success.

Must be a gimmick.Maybe that's what it is.

So your tell us here cougarmania mark 1 never died and fans didn't and haven't drifted away🤔

Funnily enough Keighley average gate in 2019 was 875

But in 2018 Keighley posted this🤔

"The borough of Keighley has a population of over 90,000 people and our average attendances are in the 600 region, meaning that only seven per cent of our community supports the club on a regular basis.

That doesn't show the Fickle glory fans of Keighley have supported the club out of Cougarmania does it. 

2016🤔

784 – This means the average attendance for 2017 was 784, an increase of 213 from 2016.

You asked for facts... You got em

Put it in your pipe and smoke it🤔

Facts, facts, facts 🤔😉😉

Edited by coolie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Well, I think we can say this thread about Sean Long on a Featherstone message board has drifted somewhat.

Shall we close it?

No mate leave it open, I won't comment on it anymore about stuff not relevant to the thread mate... Get it back on track

So with a new coach coming in pre season... Where and when will Sean get a chance to find out what players he needs and what to let go with having a fair few players. 

Will he run with less toys than McDounut?? 

24 minutes ago, coolie said:

No mate leave it open, I won't comment on it anymore about stuff not relevant to the thread mate... Get it back on track

So with a new coach coming in pre season... Where and when will Sean get a chance to find out what players he needs and what to let go with having a fair few players. 

Will he run with less toys than McDounut?? 

Don't you worry yourself all will be revealed 😉 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Don't you worry yourself all will be revealed 😉 

Movement is pretty slow with a few clubs at the moment🤔

You'll have a clear out at some point

Can't see you keeping Bailey Gill

Wasn't very good for us at all, think if you'd have got Ryan Carr as coach.. He would have been thd missing piece for you to kick on🤔

Out of all your recent coaches he is the stand out 1 by far for featherstone, no doubt one of yours will be heading to Sheffield 🤔

33 minutes ago, coolie said:

Movement is pretty slow with a few clubs at the moment🤔

You'll have a clear out at some point

Can't see you keeping Bailey Gill

Wasn't very good for us at all, think if you'd have got Ryan Carr as coach.. He would have been thd missing piece for you to kick on🤔

Out of all your recent coaches he is the stand out 1 by far for featherstone, no doubt one of yours will be heading to Sheffield 🤔

Yeah Ryan got em playing some nice football but he wanted to go back to Australia for family reasons.

28 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah Ryan got em playing some nice football but he wanted to go back to Australia for family reasons.

I do believe that bloke would have got you over the line, I've been racking my brain if Sean has had the ship to steer at any other club... I can't think of one, he's always been 2nd in command so will be interesting to see how he goes, as he announced his assistant yet??