Sean Long New Coach

Monkeymagic22

12 minutes ago, coolie said:

I do believe that bloke would have got you over the line, I've been racking my brain if Sean has had the ship to steer at any other club... I can't think of one, he's always been 2nd in command so will be interesting to see how he goes, as he announced his assistant yet?? 

Haven't heard anything yet but how do these assistants ever become main coach if they arnt given the chance ? As usual time will tell lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

70's? National Service 1952 to 1954 in Eygpt. Back in 1956 for the Suez invasion. Lost three soldier friends to land mines and snipers. Bring NS back let's have some discipline in society.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jamescolin said:

70's? National Service 1952 to 1954 in Eygpt. Back in 1956 for the Suez invasion. Lost three soldier friends to land mines and snipers. Bring NS back let's have some discipline in society.

National Service for some of the rabble we see these days ? Would you trust em  with a gun? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

70s vogue, might grow mine if it winds people up. 

Edited by lingaro

Grow one and be our mascot. I still get a short back and sides. I was meaning coaching a team with long hair is not an easy task. It will be getting in the way at every  move instruction. Perhaps he will be coaching on the blind side.  Will he wear a ribbon?

This reminds of barber LOWE on Station Lane. He only did short back and sides. A lad went in and asked for a crew cut. Barber Lowe looked at him, not knowing about crew cuts and said: You don't want one of them have my latest the John Charles famous footballer cut. The lad agreed and got a short back and sides. He went round Featherstone with pride telling everybodhy that his haircut was a John Charles done by barber Lowe. It increased business for a while.  You can have what hairstyle you like my only concern was will it interfere with coaching.

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Leon Pryce is our new assistant coach judged on our Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1590387625042804739

Heard last week that he was coming to Fev 

• Like 3

Im Fev and im proud

On 19/10/2022 at 11:28, jamescolin said:

Wish he would get his hair cut. Watched him in the World cup match Tonga v PNG. He looked silly with long hair and a hat on. Hard to take him seriously looking like that.

He's just trying to look like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Seems like a very defensive orientated coaching set up!

Get ready for plenty of 60-44 games!

Yes, brings back memories of when MC sacked Jon Sharp, saying he hadn't enjoyed watching the team's playing style, and brought in John Duffy whose reputation was as an inventive and attack-oriented coach. The obvious difference being that Sharp was a bit of a cult hero with Fev fans whereas McDermott definitely wasn't.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

On 19/10/2022 at 19:42, jamescolin said:

Lot of young uns today not up to it. Took a lot of pressure to get them underground.