IMG - Vote on Wednesday

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

There don't seem to have been any leaks with what the proposals are which I would have expected. I'm guessing the clubs are in the dark until Wednesday and IMG/RFL have a degree of certainty the measures will be backed by clubs otherwise the media event that follows in the afternoon might be a bit of a farce. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

21 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

There don't seem to have been any leaks with what the proposals are which I would have expected. I'm guessing the clubs are in the dark until Wednesday and IMG/RFL have a degree of certainty the measures will be backed by clubs otherwise the media event that follows in the afternoon might be a bit of a farce. 

Probably no leaks as the clubs don’t know yet

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Probably no leaks as the clubs don’t know yet

These proposals are (meant to be) a big deal.

I'm uneasy about having a vote on Wednesday if they really haven't got the proposals yet.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I don't like these proposals at all.

I don't know what they are, I just don't like them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

There´s a few things I want to see, 14 team SL and level central funding in the champ. Whatever the money is, split equally to get rid of the matthews effect. If we get that, I´ll be delighted. Can´t be franchising because I just dont think enough clubs vote for it. 

My concerns won't be the proposals but the fact that the clubs get to vote on them 

• Like 1

Is there any word on the results of the fan survey being released? I'm really interested on what other fans think and if they tally with my view and also some of the commonly held views on here. It would also be good to know if it was a genuine consultation with fans and contributed to the proposals rather than fans being ignored and doing what they wanted anyway.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

So, are clubs being asked to read proposals and vote for them immediately? What could possibly go wrong?

thats an assumption, maybe the assumption should be...

Clubs to vote to agree/disagree to consider the proposals and then put to vote at a later date..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

These proposals are (meant to be) a big deal.

I'm uneasy about having a vote on Wednesday if they really haven't got the proposals yet.

So am I. Either the changes are not that revolutionary or IMG don’t know their audience. 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

This is effectively dictatorship, benign yes, but dictatorship nonetheless. 

It has been for a while in reality. Can anyone seriously believe if anything is proposed that dosn't give the top few even more more money, worse still freeze what they have or reduce it to spread the wealth a bit wider, it will be accepted. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Given we wil probably be in a relagation fight next year (thats presuming we are even  capable of putting up a fight) im more concerned about what the plans are for the future of League One more than anything else.

Agree with this from a Thunder perspective as well.

What happens to those outside the 20 is there a way in?

If club's haven't seen proposals and they're voting on the day a lack of fan engagement on final proposals concerns me.

6 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Agree with this from a Thunder perspective as well.

What happens to those outside the 20 is there a way in?

If club's haven't seen proposals and they're voting on the day a lack of fan engagement on final proposals concerns me.

If there is to be only 20 in the club, there's got to be a mechanism to get in in the future. How else will new or resurgent teams progress?

Edited by David Shepherd

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Is there any word on the results of the fan survey being released? I'm really interested on what other fans think and if they tally with my view and also some of the commonly held views on here. It would also be good to know if it was a genuine consultation with fans and contributed to the proposals rather than fans being ignored and doing what they wanted anyway.

Would you really want folk who watch RL getting the final say? We would bring back community singing, the four tackle set and hanging.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Would you really want folk who watch RL getting the final say? We would bring back community singing, the four tackle set and hanging.

YES - I would bring back the old rugby league, contested scrums and being able to give and take a bit of biff, back when all the teams competed on their own merit - unlike now when the chosen 12 get almost 2million more than the others some of whom get slightly better than nothing.

And yes, bring back hanging, mass murders and terrorists etc should not be sitting in prison watching sky when some of us out here doing no harm can't afford it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I never said the final say. However it wouldn't be wise to implement something like 2 × 10s if 90% of people were against it. That is the whole point of market research.

Would be good to see the results of the fan survey, even if I didn’t like the questions that much. 

Ultimately though, they’re not going to come out of Wednesday with a resolution that suits all thirty-seven clubs. Some will be happier than others and there will be a fallout from it that goes on for months. 

Please no tens and please no trying to claim we’re doing something new when it’s just one or two things we’ve done before with a fancy new tagline. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Well. Mick got one right!

Stopped clocks?

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.