IMG - Vote on Wednesday

The Community Game have 7 votes in any vote at Full Council. None of them are privy to IMG proposals. I doubt that re-organisation will be done and dusted tomorrow .

RL politics is always intriguing........

A ladder of 16 clubs in SL anyone? Given SL needs 4 votes from the Championship to get it over the line ( unless there is a total breakaway) top 4 in the Championship promoted together  in 2024 followed by NRL style expansion thereafter would get enough support.......especially with new IMG media deals due by then.............

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Fair comment, but I was just interested to see if anyone had any indication that this extraordinary meeting and "vote" was being treated any differently.

I would be appalled if we changed the rules for a one-off purpose.  It would set a terrible precedent.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

44 minutes ago, del capo said:

RL politics is always intriguing........

A ladder of 16 clubs in SL anyone? Given SL needs 4 votes from the Championship to get it over the line ( unless there is a total breakaway) top 4 in the Championship promoted together  in 2024 followed by NRL style expansion thereafter would get enough support.......especially with new IMG media deals due by then.............

Very intriguing but I’d be surprised. Probably too many games when you take into account playoffs and the Challenge Cup as well. 

21 team Championship…

17 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I would have no problem with us having a lock on clubs in SL and Championship and those outside having to apply to join by meeting criteria. We should really want the champ to be a nursury and holding pen for clubs lean and mean enough to get to SL. That means equal central funding so clubs have to generate the rev, clubs that do so get more competitive and then arent outspent by dopers or the matthews effect. 

Barrow getting 2500 in Champ would be a great example now of a club who could be a genuine challenge for SL if they weren´t doped by other clubs. I just want the FT clubs out of the Champ tbh so we can have two quality competitive leagues. 

Sadly, clubs like Oldham, Rochdale, West Wales, Skolars, Hunslet dont own their own grounds or have any ability to generate revenue, even Swinton you could chuck in. Depending what happens with Midlands move they´d be another one. 

But how many of those 2500 are paying spectators? 

Apparently, Barrow have said they gave 1500 tickets away for the playoff game with us. I've no problem with that, but they should have disclosed it to the club prior to the game, sadly they didn't though. It will be interesting to see how the RFL deal with that, and whose share of the shared gate that loss in revenue is taken from.

6 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Apparently, Barrow have said they gave 1500 tickets away for the playoff game with us. I've no problem with that, but they should have disclosed it to the club prior to the game, sadly they didn't though. It will be interesting to see how the RFL deal with that, and whose share of the shared gate that loss in revenue is taken from.

You get shared gate revenue in the Championship?

Just now, Tommygilf said:

You get shared gate revenue in the Championship?

Play off games are shared gates, aren't they?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

No idea? Is that the same for Super League?

I believe so.

It's one of the issues about putting play offs on season tickets.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

'Apparently' is doing a lot of heavy lifting lifting here. Where did you get this from? 

31 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

No doubt that will come up at today's IMG vote.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I hope BBC Sport are sending a camera down, it's only round the corner. There'll be some classic stormings out I reckon

Oh.

Proper 80s' "storming out of the ACAS negotiations" television.

• Like 1

I have not heard it officially confirmed but I believe that Morgan Knowles has been called in to the meeting to stand behind the Chairmen likely to vote 'no' and do the necessary. 

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Bonuses within the cap?

Tommy, your rep is fast disappearing.  A shared gate is what happens.  I don't need to justify or apologise for it.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"