IMG - Vote on Wednesday

31 minutes ago, Jughead said:

John Davidson has said that he’s spoken to people and “it’s nothing too radical” and a lot of “common sense”. 

To me, the latter doesn’t work with the former but we’ll see. 

I think people have got a little obsessed with structures, as we always do in RL, and while that is the thing that will grab headlines, I think there is an awful lot more that I think IMG can bring to the table and should be focusing on.

I've made the point before, it isn't structure that is holding the game back, it is a lot of the fundamentals that if we don't fix, will still be a problem in licensing or any other model that anyone likes.

Of course the structure is important, but the boring stuff is probably what is going to make the biggest changes.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Griff said:

I'll go for 2.01.

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m going for 2.57pm as the time of the first statement from a club moaning about what comes from the meeting.

Yes, I think Jughead is being particularly kind there 😆

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think people have got a little obsessed with structures, as we always do in RL, and while that is the thing that will grab headlines, I think there is an awful lot more that I think IMG can bring to the table and should be focusing on.

I've made the point before, it isn't structure that is holding the game back, it is a lot of the fundamentals that if we don't fix, will still be a problem in licensing or any other model that anyone likes.

Of course the structure is important, but the boring stuff is probably what is going to make the biggest changes.

Here's the structure, oh and by the way, we've completely changed the commercial set-up of rugby league, introduced these new streaming platforms and are working with partners in X,Y,Z territories, industries etc.

You can bet which aspect of that sentence will get the most coverage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

50 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I guess by actually having their own ground they make more money on the revenue generated than on the tickets. Its a problem many clubs have that by getting nothing from the bar it means they jack ticket prices so no new fans.

Shared gate revenue in the play-offs.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

27 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Shared gate revenue in the play-offs.

No club should be handing out free tickets for a shared gate game without the opposition's agreement. There are some fairly strict rules, including limits on how many tickets are available to directors. All publicly available on the RFL website for those sufficiently interested.

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

3 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

If you are right it will mean that I will see the proposals at 10.30pm Adelaide time and then spend an interesting half an hour or so reading the avalanche of wails, gnashing of teeth, exultations etc. before bedtime.  Can’t wait!

Man, I will be asleep. I'm going to miss the show.

new rise.jpg

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yes but not the bar which is the point. I am sure Batley have done fine for money in the playoffs now. Derek will give them the tickets on Sunday plus second place central funding plus half fev money.

Cant think of a club who deserves it more.

Not sure what your thinking is there. If that bar revenue has been increased by giving away 1500 free tickets (and this is unconfirmed, I accept), Batley need to be recompensed.

1 minute ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Details of this meeting have been mentioned on the TalkSPORT bulletins this morning where they say proposals for 2 tens and a 14 team division is being discussed. Doesn’t really say whether that is a 14 team division next year then 2 tens or any other combination.

Nothing applies for next year. It’s all for 2024 onwards whatever it is.

36 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Why do they? finish above barrow and they would’ve got the home playoff. Rather 3000 plus and transform some of those into future punters or people who wouldn’t have come but have now put thousands back into the sport.

Why do they ?   Because them's the rules.

Let them give their free tickets out at a home game where they keep all the gate take.  Batley shouldn't pay for Barrow's sales promotions.

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Interesting choice of date for this!

Typical RL double header.

Both announcements in Manchester within 2 hours of each other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3