IMG - Vote on Wednesday

1 minute ago, Colin James said:

Conceivably, how high up the table could a side finish and be relegated? If the bottom clubs are all Cat A and exempt, could a side finish in the play-offs and be relegated?

7th.

Yes...and no.

Edited by JohnM

Just now, Colin James said:

Conceivably, how high up the table could a side finish and be relegated? If the bottom clubs are all Cat A and exempt, could a side finish in the play-offs and be relegated?

This has been covered.

It appears to be technically possible for a team to beat all of the Category A clubs and take the title but then fail in its own grading and be surpassed by clubs who have been regraded upwards.

If you think this is likely to happen please list all the teams likely to be in Category B and the odds if they were to start in Super League in 2023.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

I have no idea what your club's grading will be. I don't believe such processes should be rushed. I also don't believe in changing the rules about next season during this one. And, lastly, I don't believe in wrecking the validity of the Championship Grand Final in response to a hissy fit about the game's development not going my way.

When have I ever said anything about changing the rules for next season, I am not having a hissy fit I am just airing my point view as every one else including you has done so far.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Because they have an agenda to kill certain clubs?  🤔🤔🤔😀

Given their level of competence, I'd feel quite good about my club's future if the RFL were out to kill them.

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think the long term aim is to never have relegation and i like it.

If the B and C clubs cannot make it to an A with respect to whatever criteria, then in all honesty, maybe the sport is better off with them playing at a level that supports them and the youth structures they may or may not represent in the community. t

Take Fev for example, i really do want us to be promoted on the pitch and if it happens, great, i'm in. If it is deemed that we arent good enough on and off, then fair enough. The issue is, will the grading be transparent and objective. If it is, then swell. If this pees off the club to the point that they become an A with a massive chip on their shoulder (which i think we're trying to do...) then it's win win.

The ultimate objective will be a closed shop to the traditional clubs to a certain, organic extent, but open to business for those clubs in expansion areas that may or may not crop up. I'm happy with this as money to support the sport comes through enhanced product etc rather than more games.

Massive caveat, the closed shop still needs to support the whole sport through funds. 

Not a great post as i'm rushing again. Soz Todd.

• Like 4

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But I don't want to be in a "locked in situation" I want my team to fight for the right to be there - on the field, I want to stand on that terrace and feel the joy, frustration, anger, elation of winning and especially in those tight hard encounters when it is important to get the result, I won't feel any of that if the result doesn't matter.

That is following most sports clubs most of the time H. Perhaps you've been spoiled at Leigh constantly attempting yo yo-ing? 

Most clubs trundle along in their divisions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Inevitable if you want to grow the international game. Toulouse: You cant get relegated but we guarantee you in so you can go to your sponsors with confidence. Build long term and go on to become another Catalan for us. 

Toulouse will very quickly become an A club. There were plenty of signs this year that the foundations are in place. Exciting times ahead for French RL.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

But this is why it doesn’t make sense.ft before you get the SL is financial suicide unless you are doped which goes against growing off the field.

What the **** are you on about doping you’ve said it twice now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon the bar will have to be set pretty low to get any where near a dozen class A clubs. Average attendance alone should rule half of them out (if not more). Add in crappy stadiums and even access to stadiums. No doubt it will be the usual fudge.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

2 hours ago, yipyee said:

Licensing back yessssssssssssss

We can finally put the P&R failed project behind us along with the middle 8s nonsense.

Interestingly this is an approach I commented on here with a while ago. Although mine was to give A a 3 year licence, B a 2 year and C 1 year so each club could build / be reviewed appropriately.

What one would expect now is Cat A levels would be increased each time we have several clubs over achieving.

I would guess these would be similar to the past as in:

Attendance

Ground

commercial activity / success

Player pathway (academy)

On field performance

Get back inside your detached house with a lovely garden. This proposal along with the others has yet to be voted on. 🤠

• Haha 1

I'm sat in a pub outside Euston and on the TV on News 24 the news has come up several times.

In fact just now a live report from Dave Woods with clips and all sorts. Then a nice segue into the WC with interviews from that event. Probably a combined 5 minute feature on the sport which will repeat.

At the very least in media terms today is a success. 

• Like 10

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If the 12 selected aren’t the incumbent SL clubs at the time of grading I’ll be very surprised. 

I would be very surprised of there were 12 A's in the first iteration. 

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm sat in a pub outside Euston and on the TV on News 24 the news has come up several times.

In fact just now a live report from Dave Woods with clips and all sorts. Then a nice segue into the WC with interviews from that event. Probably a combined 5 minute feature on the sport which will repeat.

At the very least in media terms today is a success. 

If you’re in the Euston Tap, you’re a man of impeccable taste. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

I reckon the bar will have to be set pretty low to get any where near a dozen class A clubs. Average attendance alone should rule half of them out (if not more). Add in crappy stadiums and even access to stadiums. No doubt it will be the usual fudge.

They don't expect to get a full division of category A sides from the off. Literally one of the first things they said.

• Like 3