IMG - Vote on Wednesday

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

London 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Hull only have a short lease on the MKM, they are losing over a million pounds every year and finished 9th this season.

Don't see how that would make them Category A.

Covid years don't count.

Its the 3 after that will.

The coach has been changed so should bring about an improvement on field which will increase attendances and revenue

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

No Warrington then. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JM2010 said:

I hope they don't exempt some from relegation and not others. It will spoil it for me. Either no p and r at all or bottom club gets relegated with Championship winners going up

Thats obviously the plan, A grade exempt, B gradeat risk if onfield is poor

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

The sky sports report says on field and off field included in selection criteria.  So why london and toulouse

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Thats obviously the plan, A grade exempt, B gradeat risk if onfield is poor

The nearest to this I could be happy with would be p and r with the promoted team having to meet certain criteria to get into SL

Edited by JM2010
  • Like 1

Just now, redjonn said:

The sky sports report says on field and off field included in selection criteria.  So why london and toulouse

They said London, France and womens games are target areas for them.

Toulouse happy to play a year in championship and should finish high up enough to be Cat B at worst just in time for grading ahead of 2024. They also make a point that there is a 2 team limit, again suggesting this is for top level.

It would appear then also that the international window mid season will be vs France also (educated guess).

I don't see why they would mention London at all if they didn't want to shoe horn them in and all previous reshuffles seem to target a London reprieve.

London also got promoted to SL gave a good showing and historically have produced SL level players

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

The nearest to this I could be happy with would be p and r with the promoted team having to meet certain criteria to get into SL

I think they are doing this to keep everyone happy so this will happen. Somehow at the end of every season the winner of the championship will be reviewed to see if they can go up. They also said they will expand the top tier if necessary so a hybrid of what you are saying.

I have to say as well, they will probably get the numbers required voting for this.

Your 6 or so Grade As, guaranteed votes.

Your League 1/lower Champ permanent part timers/long term aspirationals. Guaranteed votes. 

Enough of the ultimate Bs believe they are capable of becoming As and/or will be included in the top division.

There's your majority of votes.

Edited by Tommygilf

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

They said London, France and womens games are target areas for them.

Toulouse happy to play a year in championship and should finish high up enough to be Cat B at worst just in time for grading ahead of 2024. They also make a point that there is a 2 team limit, again suggesting this is for top level.

It would appear then also that the international window mid season will be vs France also (educated guess).

I don't see why they would mention London at all if they didn't want to shoe horn them in and all previous reshuffles seem to target a London reprieve.

London also got promoted to SL gave a good showing and historically have produced SL level players

Maybe but yep expansion area but doesn't mean shoe in....

Unless have criteria then promptly ignore criteria to shoehorn in.

Seems odd img say league structures isn't priority then the discussion revolves around a new structures.

15 minutes ago, yipyee said:

The screenshot of the presentation that was shared earlier in the thread said this.

2026 season:  12 clubs in top tier - Category A clubs plus highest ranked category B clubs.  Mix of Category B clubs changed to reflect new rankings.

This implies that the mix up of Cat B's in the top tier each year may be more drastic than the bottom Cat B in tier 1 being replaced by the top Cat B in tier 2.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, redjonn said:

Maybe but yep expansion area but doesn't mean shoe in....

Unless have criteria then promptly ignore criteria to shoehorn in.

Seems odd img say league structures isn't priority then the discussion revolves around a new structures.

Yep its odd that they name target areas if its supposed to be fair and transparent. 

It also explains though why Newcastle have dropped FT as they knew they are up against it.

Wasn’t there a lot of criteria set 20 odd years ago when sky bought the game. You know. The ones that weren’t adhered to cos their face fitted or didn’t. Just saying like. Enjoy your friendlies

• Confused 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The screenshot of the presentation that was shared earlier in the thread said this.

2026 season:  12 clubs in top tier - Category A clubs plus highest ranked category B clubs.  Mix of Category B clubs changed to reflect new rankings.

This implies that the mix up of Cat B's in the top tier each year may be more drastic than the bottom Cat B in tier 1 being replaced by the top Cat B in tier 2.

Maybe but I doubt it. If a club are strong off field but have a bad season on field there's no way they would replace. It would take a few bad seasons for me.

Hull KR prime example, finished bottom but seem to have it together off field. Year after 80 mins from OT and lots of youngsters playing first grade

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Dave Woods on the BBC saying the ‘Super League’ branding likely to be scrapped.

With the presentations and communications all talking about the 'top tier' and this from Woods, could we actually see the name of Super League for the top tier be dropped completely I wonder.

Super League is all over the place now in Netball, Women's Football etc. maybe they think we need something more unique.

That would be a huge rebrand if true.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Stuff Smith said:

A future London club may well be Category A. The current London Broncos club definitely are not. 

I think they want a London club by 2026ish. That might not be the Broncos, at least not in the current guise. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

I’ve not read the proposal but have they mentioned what they intend to put in place for the mens amateur game . As I’ve said before the shrinkage in the player pool has been huge over the last 15-20 years . Unless this is stemmed we will not be producing players to play for the A,B and C clubs 

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think they want a London club by 2026ish. That might not be the Broncos, at least not in the current guise. 

And that begs the question if not the broncos (or skolars) how a brand new club could attain a Grade A status?

Edited by Spidey