Jump to content

IMG - Vote on Wednesday


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I believe it has, or at least words to that effect.

Was there not some mention of expanding the top division once 12 had been exceeded?

Unlikely, I know, for year 1.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Griff said:

Was there not some mention of expanding the top division once 12 had been exceeded?

Unlikely, I know, for year 1.

If, at some future point, there are more As than spaces then the number of spaces will be increased.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hardly seems RL reimagined...

Nothing paticularly exciting.

Seems to include league structure changes, which I thought wasn't important. All be it the new structure may just be a copy of what they did elsewhere. A bit like the loops copying scotland from last consultant's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If, at some future point, there are more As than spaces then the number of spaces will be increased.

So a non-problem then.

  • Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wiggin and Hull FC, good point they should be category 'B's' but I bet they won't be.

Hull only have a short lease on the MKM, they are losing over a million pounds every year and finished 9th this season.

Don't see how that would make them Category A.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Warrington

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 2 grade B clubs

Edited by yipyee
Forgot about Warrington
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Griff said:

Was there not some mention of expanding the top division once 12 had been exceeded?

Unlikely, I know, for year 1.

Yes exactly that. I think they are looking at 2026 onwards for that however

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

London 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Hull only have a short lease on the MKM, they are losing over a million pounds every year and finished 9th this season.

Don't see how that would make them Category A.

Covid years don't count.

Its the 3 after that will.

The coach has been changed so should bring about an improvement on field which will increase attendances and revenue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

No Warrington then. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JM2010 said:

I hope they don't exempt some from relegation and not others. It will spoil it for me. Either no p and r at all or bottom club gets relegated with Championship winners going up

Thats obviously the plan, A grade exempt, B gradeat risk if onfield is poor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I read this to be

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

This will go on until there are 12 grade A but maybe then expand to 14 with some grade Bs

Also in the detail France and London appear to be getting special protection as 'target expansions' so London and both French clubs could be shoe horned in.

Would explain why Toulouse are happy to go again in champ and why London are settling in Wimbledon.

So looks like category A

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull 

Hull KR

Catalan

Toulouse

London 

Plus 3 grade B clubs

The sky sports report says on field and off field included in selection criteria.  So why london and toulouse

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Thats obviously the plan, A grade exempt, B gradeat risk if onfield is poor

The nearest to this I could be happy with would be p and r with the promoted team having to meet certain criteria to get into SL

Edited by JM2010
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, redjonn said:

The sky sports report says on field and off field included in selection criteria.  So why london and toulouse

They said London, France and womens games are target areas for them.

Toulouse happy to play a year in championship and should finish high up enough to be Cat B at worst just in time for grading ahead of 2024. They also make a point that there is a 2 team limit, again suggesting this is for top level.

It would appear then also that the international window mid season will be vs France also (educated guess).

I don't see why they would mention London at all if they didn't want to shoe horn them in and all previous reshuffles seem to target a London reprieve.

London also got promoted to SL gave a good showing and historically have produced SL level players

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

The nearest to this I could be happy with would be p and r with the promoted team having to meet certain criteria to get into SL

I think they are doing this to keep everyone happy so this will happen. Somehow at the end of every season the winner of the championship will be reviewed to see if they can go up. They also said they will expand the top tier if necessary so a hybrid of what you are saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say as well, they will probably get the numbers required voting for this.

Your 6 or so Grade As, guaranteed votes.

Your League 1/lower Champ permanent part timers/long term aspirationals. Guaranteed votes. 

Enough of the ultimate Bs believe they are capable of becoming As and/or will be included in the top division.

There's your majority of votes.

Edited by Tommygilf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

They said London, France and womens games are target areas for them.

Toulouse happy to play a year in championship and should finish high up enough to be Cat B at worst just in time for grading ahead of 2024. They also make a point that there is a 2 team limit, again suggesting this is for top level.

It would appear then also that the international window mid season will be vs France also (educated guess).

I don't see why they would mention London at all if they didn't want to shoe horn them in and all previous reshuffles seem to target a London reprieve.

London also got promoted to SL gave a good showing and historically have produced SL level players

Maybe but yep expansion area but doesn't mean shoe in....

Unless have criteria then promptly ignore criteria to shoehorn in.

Seems odd img say league structures isn't priority then the discussion revolves around a new structures.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Some clubs will be exempt from relegation if finish bottom

Lowest B grade will be relegated and swopped with highest B grade of championship 'upon review'  so if Catalan are bottom they survive, if wakey are second bottom they could swop with say Leigh.

The screenshot of the presentation that was shared earlier in the thread said this.

2026 season:  12 clubs in top tier - Category A clubs plus highest ranked category B clubs.  Mix of Category B clubs changed to reflect new rankings.

This implies that the mix up of Cat B's in the top tier each year may be more drastic than the bottom Cat B in tier 1 being replaced by the top Cat B in tier 2.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, redjonn said:

Maybe but yep expansion area but doesn't mean shoe in....

Unless have criteria then promptly ignore criteria to shoehorn in.

Seems odd img say league structures isn't priority then the discussion revolves around a new structures.

 

Yep its odd that they name target areas if its supposed to be fair and transparent. 

It also explains though why Newcastle have dropped FT as they knew they are up against it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...