IMG - Vote on Wednesday

50 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Well give Leigh the same 1.7 million etc. that the Chosen 12 get and they won't need DB to bea sugar daddy

Right but I could say the same about a dozen clubs or clubs that dont exist in target market. You just made an argument for franchising.

Not much reference to cat C teams.

I get the impression that if they ignore us,we'll just shrug our shoulders and walk away.

DP,if you think we'll receive £750k,I admire your optimism. Be lucky if it's £75k

37 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Pre SL teams played on their own merits and income, Wigan and Widnes were leaders with wigan winning CC and Widnes winning league etc now it is totally rigged.

Neither Wigan or Widnes could really afford that though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

The sooner sky scraps the cash the sooner we get back to near normal.

Pre SL teams played on their own merits and income,

You do realise Sky money is clubs' income, right?

You're basically wanting amateurism to make it a level playing field.

• Like 5
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because they believe the system will be rigged like it was last time. So good for them. 

Except they’ve not said any of that. They’ve gone on about being a local sport for local people. Royston Vaysey Cougars have embarrassed themselves and the sport. It’s that exact attitude we want shot off. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JF1 said:

Not much reference to cat C teams.

I get the impression that if they ignore us,we'll just shrug our shoulders and walk away.

DP,if you think we'll receive £750k,I admire your optimism. Be lucky if it's £75k

I suspect because in reality they dont matter to the success of the sport in IMG’s eyes. And bluntly, if you play in an athletics track or in a stadium you generate nothing from it doesnt matter. 

If the category thing is the fact, I want to see who is appointed to improve clubs. Oldham is still or should be a big market for League, who is the person at IMG that is going to assist in being a getting on the phone to cllrs funding bodies speaking to these clubs and helping them regrow. 

Sheffield Oldham NWC someone should be selling a vision to bring them up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Except they’ve not said any of that. They’ve gone on about being a local sport for local people. Royston Vaysey Cougars have embarrassed themselves and the sport. It’s that exact attitude we want shot off. 

Because saying we dont believe you you lying bastards gives them nowhere to go. I understand completely why cougars are against it because they were cheated last time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I want to see who is appointed to improve clubs. Oldham is still or should be a big market for League, who is the person at IMG that is going to assist in being a getting on the phone to cllrs funding bodies speaking to these clubs and helping them regrow. 

Sheffield Oldham NWC someone should be selling a vision to bring them up. 

That won't be happening. 

13 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I like some of the suggestions and see the merit.

I'm still weary about licensing. Criteria just isn't judged fairly. People need convincing it will be.

Perceptions around licensing are the problem, rather than corruption or bias. But there is generally an attitude in RL that if things aren't as you agree with then it is corrupt. 

And tbh, I'm not sure what we can do about that, I think these are ingrained attitudes that are unlikely to be changed. But if we think it's the right thing to do, ultimately some voices will need to be ignored. 

11 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because saying we dont believe you you lying bastards gives them nowhere to go. I understand completely why cougars are against it because they were cheated last time.

Did Keighley apply for SL under licensing? If have thought they'd have been some way off. 

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Fair comment.  London, who "stole" their place, finished 4th in Super League 1 and 2nd in Super League 2. 

15 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

No they weren't cheated, the whole idea was to create a league which would be Super.  The original plan only included a few traditional standalone clubs because its drafters understood that the other clubs had nothing Super about them.  The fact that the clubs which the proposed mergers would have created wouldn't have been Super either simply underscores that.

19 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Except they’ve not said any of that. They’ve gone on about being a local sport for local people. Royston Vaysey Cougars have embarrassed themselves and the sport. It’s that exact attitude we want shot off

Your opinion, worth nothing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

They haven’t raised any pertinent points or concerns about what’s been said, aside from taking offence at focus areas, which is extremely odd. Given how little detail has been released in the public domain and with another meeting lined up, I find it unusual to be so heavily against something but then bang the drum for a structure that we don’t even have. 

IMG have never proposed anything else so comparing “last time” (and by last time, I assume you mean several structures and a generation ago) is a very bitter and strange point to be at nearly thirty years on from a structure that never actually prevented them from promotion. 

As a club who have suffered from being unsustainable more than once, the most recent being within ten years, you’d think a system that didn’t force clubs to throw vast sums of cash at a playing roster, allowing other areas of importance to be left to rot and one that promotes sustainable living would be up their street but instead, they’ve looked borderline racist. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Fair comment.  London, who "stole" their place, finished 4th in Super League 1 and 2nd in Super League 2. 

And in the rest of their stay in Super League struggled to trouble the top half of the table no matter what dispensations they were given, nor how much money was thrown at them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

No they weren't cheated, the whole idea was to create a league which would be Super.  The original plan only included a few traditional standalone clubs because its drafters understood that the other clubs had nothing Super about them.  The fact that the clubs which the proposed mergers would have created wouldn't have been Super either simply underscores that.

So Keighley were gutted last time for nothing under the system that is being proposed but this time it will be different? I am as expanist as they come but you dont expand by gutting clubs in heartland who have everything in place to grow the game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So Keighley were gutted last time for nothing under the system that is being proposed but this time it will be different? I am as expanist as they come but you dont expand by gutting clubs in heartland who have everything in place to grow the game. 

Did Keighley get shafted under licensing? 

Saints, Featherstone, York, Bradford, Hull KR, Warrington and Wakefield are in the Vote Yes camp and Keighley are in the “France?! Can’t get a decent cup of tea in France and they eat frogs legs…and dunt even get me started on Lundun with their fancy streets and pints that cost £5, dunt they ner yer can get two fer that price in’t working man’s club at the end of road?” camp

• Sad 1