Season tickets

spanishknight

2 hours ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Some clubs offer a reduced renewal price to existing season ticket holders, has this not been considered to encourage faithful York supporters. My premier concession membership for this season was £244, for 2023 they are charging £310. That is a massive increase of over 21%  Not acceptable!

We also will need to reconsider our options for next season based on this information. A return to pay as you go could be an option. Having said that, I'd rather pay a bit more instead of risking a potential return to the Fawlty Towers of a club we "enjoyed" several years ago. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

We also will need to reconsider our options for next season based on this information. A return to pay as you go could be an option. Having said that, I'd rather pay a bit more instead of risking a potential return to the Fawlty Towers of a club we "enjoyed" several years ago. 

Not for me. £345 to just be inside before the game. Still paying over the odds prices for food and drink. Used to get a programme thrown in too. If it was sold out last year at less than £300 why increase it by so much. 

55 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

Not for me. £345 to just be inside before the game. Still paying over the odds prices for food and drink. Used to get a programme thrown in too. If it was sold out last year at less than £300 why increase it by so much. 

got to agree , i will buy the 199 ticket , why pay 146 more to go in what is no more than a railway station waiting room before the match

9 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

Agreed. Why change prices for something that worked. I think it is £60 more. 

Because that section was sold out, so the club know that there's a demand for it and it was possibly underpriced.

If they charge a bit more for the most popular area, they can spend more on the squad.

Another way to look at it is, by not doing Early Bird, they're actually not increasing the Main Price in December either...

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Because that section was sold out, so the club know that there's a demand for it and it was possibly underpriced.

If they charge a bit more for the most popular area, they can spend more on the squad.

Another way to look at it is, by not doing Early Bird, they're actually not increasing the Main Price in December either...

but surely early bird was good for the club , i just hope we don,t lose out

Could do what Bradford used to do and sell season tickets for about £50, then go bust.

Obviously there's a balancing act but you can't moan that they've not discounted season tickets again, and the club is a business that's trying to grow which it can't do if it's income doesn't increase. If we keep prices the same, we'll go backwards and end up playing the likes of West Wales, Cornwall & Dewsbury.

Also, in my opinion we need to start making RL a premium product, and discounting the hell out of it to keep the few fans we've got happy does it no favours, look at the Grand Final & Challenge Cup, struggle every year to fill it yet a RU international there's a waiting list.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Could do what Bradford used to do and sell season tickets for about £50, then go bust.

Obviously there's a balancing act but you can't moan that they've not discounted season tickets again, and the club is a business that's trying to grow which it can't do if it's income doesn't increase. If we keep prices the same, we'll go backwards and end up playing the likes of West Wales, Cornwall & Dewsbury.

Also, in my opinion we need to start making RL a premium product, and discounting the hell out of it to keep the few fans we've got happy does it no favours, look at the Grand Final & Challenge Cup, struggle every year to fill it yet a RU international there's a waiting list.

VP deal is better than Premier membership. Programme and 3 course meal for £23 difference per match. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

The LIKES of Dewsbury ?!!! I hope Coolie doesn't come on reading this lol 😂 😆 😅 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

of course theres a balancing act , and yes we know it,s a business but the deal structure appears to have had little thought

9 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

VP deal is better than Premier membership. Programme and 3 course meal for £23 difference per match. 

good point , probably thats the aim , then we can go buy a load of NRL players

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

Think you might lose out. I've supported the club thick and thin since 1997 when I moved to York. Spent lots in time and money but £345 is not on for what you get. 

I won't lose out on anything mate. I'm currently on the waiting list for 5 spots in the Premier Lounge!

• Like 1

Personally I think the price of all tickets should have increased (as mentioned there has been no increase since pre COVID) but then offered an early bird discount, or ST renewal discount, below the cost of a standard ST (which could have been the £199) then at least it would appear there was a discount for loyalty, which I think is the thing that's irking people.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I won't lose out on anything mate. I'm currently on the waiting list for 5 spots in the Premier Lounge!

You can have our 2 😆 

We’ve loved the Premier Lounge, good food, better choice of drinks and it’s a good view sat right on halfway but we can no longer afford it, certainly not now my workplace is set for 19 days of strikes over the coming months. I might just be able to afford a standard season ticket over Christmas.

The other issue we had was my wife had to miss 3 games due to them being moved to Monday, that’s 3 matches where the seat was sat empty because I wasn’t allowed to give the ticket to someone else. That’s the price you pay for more TV exposure I guess.

A few suggestions I’ve made before:

Allow a reserve name to be linked to each season ticket so if Bob can’t go then his friend Joe can use it without any issues. Have flexible season tickets - similar to the mid season half season tickets which the club did, but ones which get you into say 50% or 75% of the games. Also a few benefits linked in wouldn’t be amiss with our commercial partners - 10% off at Hollywood bowl for example.

I get why the club have increased prices, not sure why there’s a denial that they have. End of the day if I got my skates on last season I could have a standard season ticket for £175, this season if I buy when they go on sale in 15 minutes it’s £199.

It’s a bold strategy by the club clearly trying to make it more of a premium product and I hope it pays off. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

You can have our 2 😆 

We’ve loved the Premier Lounge, good food, better choice of drinks and it’s a good view sat right on halfway but we can no longer afford it, certainly not now my workplace is set for 19 days of strikes over the coming months. I might just be able to afford a standard season ticket over Christmas.

The other issue we had was my wife had to miss 3 games due to them being moved to Monday, that’s 3 matches where the seat was sat empty because I wasn’t allowed to give the ticket to someone else. That’s the price you pay for more TV exposure I guess.

A few suggestions I’ve made before:

Allow a reserve name to be linked to each season ticket so if Bob can’t go then his friend Joe can use it without any issues. Have flexible season tickets - similar to the mid season half season tickets which the club did, but ones which get you into say 50% or 75% of the games. Also a few benefits linked in wouldn’t be amiss with our commercial partners - 10% off at Hollywood bowl for example.

I get why the club have increased prices, not sure why there’s a denial that they have. End of the day if I got my skates on last season I could have a standard season ticket for £175, this season if I buy when they go on sale in 15 minutes it’s £199.

It’s a bold strategy by the club clearly trying to make it more of a premium product and I hope it pays off. 

Some very fair and reasonable points there ABK. Hope all gets resolved at your workplace and that the strikes don't impact too much on every day life. Gonna be tougher times coming up for all of us....at least we'll have a new season to look forward to in the spring. I'll see you in the cheap(er) seats!! 

• Like 2

great news from the kneets

"the Knights are also pleased to confirm that matchday ticket prices will remain at £20 for adults, £15 for concessions and FREE for under-16s. There will also be no charge for car parking throughout 2023 in our Matchday Car Park."

free parking at last! woopee-doo

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

"the Knights are also pleased to confirm that matchday ticket prices will remain at £20 for adults, £15 for concessions and FREE for under-16s. There will also be no charge for car parking throughout 2023 in our Matchday Car Park."

So, considering inflation is at at least 10%, they've in effect reduced ticket prices by keeping them the same AND given free parking and kept under 16s free. Can't moan at that.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

Free parking is massive , very positive move by the club😀😀😀

• Like 2