World cup digital tickets

17 hours ago, Griff said:

I see the hard copy tickets are due to arrive by the end of September.

Hope they've heard about the postal strikes.

And considered the time it takes for mail to reach Australia. We used to get convicts here quicker.

I can see some leaving from under the southern cross ticketless. Why the delay in distributing tickets bought almost two years ago?

2 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

And considered the time it takes for mail to reach Australia. We used to get convicts here quicker.

I can see some leaving from under the southern cross ticketless. Why the delay in distributing tickets bought almost two years ago?

Almost certainly to stop them being resold all over the shop, which is fairly standard for big events.

I hope nobody is affected but it would be slightly nuts to ask for paper tickets if you are coming over  from Australia, NZ etc. 

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Always have had paper tickets and never been a problem, superbowl, us open tennis, UEFA champions league, FIFA world cup, olympic games, world athletic championships… none of them  found it to be ‘slightly nuts’ and all managed to get them delivered in plenty of time.

But then this is rugby league.

The notion of reselling …I assume you mean for more than face price is interesting….usually in RL they are discounted closer to game time. Why would anyone pay over face price if plenty still available?

14 minutes ago, Copa said:

When I go to events I often get a link to load the tickets into my phone’s digital wallet. Is the RLWC using the same process?

I still am not sure why it has to be 2 weeks beforwe for digital 

I'm not going to lose it if it's digital !

It also stressed me out as I've bought for a big group 

Also I don't like the way we can't pick seats...I need an end seat 

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine midweek. Not impressed. I bought tickets for 4 matches as soon as they went on sale. They, in their wisdom, decided to fill the lower section of the Emirates from the bottom up. My ticket, costing £85, is virtually at pitch level and behind advertising boards. I doubt I’ll be able to see the near touch line from my seat. Never again will I buy tickets to a RL event that doesn’t allow me to see the seats I am getting.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Received mine midweek. Not impressed. I bought tickets for 4 matches as soon as they went on sale. They, in their wisdom, decided to fill the lower section of the Emirates from the bottom up. My ticket, costing £85, is virtually at pitch level and behind advertising boards. I doubt I’ll be able to see the near touch line from my seat. Never again will I buy tickets to a RL event that doesn’t allow me to see the seats I am getting.

That's dreadful. They've really alienated loyal fans over this.

• Like 2

Just now, Gomersall said:

Here’s what £85 gets you.

7EFD4ECC-53EE-4992-BAEE-685741A5C201.jpeg

Good for the artistic insta shots.

Not much else.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

There will now be people who probably haven’t even bought their tickets in that section but will end up with a better view than me. And it’s £85 x 2 😡

It's absolutely ridiculous and shows, at the very least, a complete lack of care for ticket buyers or an understanding of the grounds that the tournament is taking place in.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Here’s what £85 gets you.

7EFD4ECC-53EE-4992-BAEE-685741A5C201.jpeg

I think you've got a good case to argue that these have not been allocated on a 'best available' basis. I don't know anyone who prefers row 1 to row 25. I'd try and get them changed - go straight to Jon Dutton on social media. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I think you've got a good case to argue that these have not been allocated on a 'best available' basis. I don't know anyone who prefers row 1 to row 25. I'd try and get them changed - go straight to Jon Dutton on social media. 

I already have 👍They have even done the same at Donny, allocating from the bottom up even though it’s not a very deep stadium and it’s not as if you’d be up in the Gods. I just thought they’d allocate the Emirates by lower tier top down and upper tier bottom up.  🤷🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Agreed, I bought final tickets on the day they went on sale but they’re pretty much the worst in the £70 price category. Very annoyed.  Also got given rubbish (row C) tickets for the Hull QF but I complained and as a gesture of goodwill (their words) we got moved back to row R which was good of them tbf. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed, I bought final tickets on the day they went on sale but they’re pretty much the worst in the £70 price category. Very annoyed.  Also got given rubbish (row C) tickets for the Hull QF but I complained and as a gesture of goodwill (their words) we got moved back to row R which was good of them tbf. 

Printed mine yesterday, bought on day 1 and have got Row B at St Helen's (Tonga v Wales), Row D at Warrington (QF4), and Row 6 at the Emirates.

Who did you complain to Eddie?

Edited by Whippet13
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Printed mine yesterday, bought on day 1 and have got Row B at St Helen's (Tonga v Wales), Row D at Warrington (QF4), and Row 6 at the Emirates.

Who did you complain to Eddie?

Whoever did the ticket distribution (Ticket Master or whoever), it was a few months back so I can’t remember exactly and I’m out now but when I log onto my emails next I’ll let you know exactly who it was. 

The rows you describe above are terrible, penalised for buying early. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1