Annoying RL phrases

Moscow01

Why is it that self-important club officials so often feel the need to say “I want to place on record’?

By saying it, and your club putting it on their website and social media channels, it is on the record. You don’t need to actually say that damn thing. 

Winds me up no end. 

Tucked it under his wing 

D in an over clever way like defence is so hard to say 

Warren Smith in Oz saying the ‘kick is too big ‘

Oz commentators who say reeepeat set 

commentators who say ‘ oh they’re up for this ‘ after a couple of tackles when we’ve played 30 seconds 

On a more general note , sports commentators who say ‘ he’ll be disappointed with that ‘ . They all do it , it’s like being critical but not wanting to sound critical . Can we not ban that phrase? There are set fluffy lines they throw out … I watched a golfer hit an 8 on a par 3 over the weekend and the commentator said ‘ not what he would have wanted there ‘ . Really , no sugar sherlock . Or the batsman with three ducks in a row and the commentator says ‘ he’s not having the best time lately ‘ . ‘ Not his best effort ‘ is another 

Edited by DavidM

You don't here it too much in Rugby League yet and I hope we don't hear it more but I hate it when a commentator says "are you kidding me!" after every decent play.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris