Brian McDermott.......Gone!!

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Someone’s got to take a punt on Lingard?

Someone on Saturday said Sean Long, I’d never met the bloke before so this could have been influenced by beer In Manchester City Centre. 

From I can gather, there is no chance of local lad Craig Lingard being Rovers coach whilst MC owns the club.  No love lost between them apparently. 

We've had Longy before, wouldn't be the most inspiring choice.

If we could just clone Ryan Carr, that would be ideal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

outside bet, John Kear, dont laugh you could do far worse. The champioship is basically a short knock out contest at season end. Purpose built for the bloke.

Apologies. I couldn't help laughing.

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

20 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

outside bet, John Kear, dont laugh you could do far worse. The champioship is basically a short knock out contest at season end. Purpose built for the bloke.

McDermott didn't exactly have a bad record in the play off format until this season...

• Like 2

Can't see him getting another gig now. He inherited one of the best teams of the SL era at Leeds and left them in a worse position, he had Toronto looking miles behind the pack despite outspending most of SL, came in as a consultant to see Oldham relegated and has now dismantled what was a pretty formidable Fev team in 2021 to a collection of aging stars on short term deals. He clearly has no idea how to build something at a club.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Can't see him getting another gig now. He inherited one of the best teams of the SL era at Leeds and left them in a worse position

pretty much nailed it with that post - handed a golden team that was already ingrained with sucess - added nothing - a 10-year-old could have held the Leeds coach position at that time and looked good 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Saw it coming in his after match interview, as I commented on these pages in the match thread, has he was speaking I wrote "it sounds like a resignation speech" which has it as transpired turned out to be correct.

Harry,do you know the lottery numbers please 😆 

5 minutes ago, meast said:

It seems Fev fans are more than happy to see him go.

Can I ask though, what's the issue Fev fans?

Is it just the results or is there something else you're unhappy with?

The playing style,chopping and changing the team all the time,too many old players, no communication with the fan's, his way or no way when everyone else can see what was wrong. Good riddance 👏

• Like 2

when it came to coaching Leeds, Brian mac new how to drive a Ferrari - when it came to coaching Sheff eagles John Kear knew how to build one and that's the difference  

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile