Batley Bulldogs don’t meet Super League criteria

Jughead

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Down in the replies: seems to be 'things that are doable' including needing to get floodlights up to Sky-broadcast standard.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

wouldn't worry too much about it - they have done fantastic, but the dogs have had their day - they won't be beating Leigh next week - would love it if they did but in reality, its not gonna happen 

• Like 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

43 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Can't be much wrong. It's certainly a better stadium that two current Super League venues in the WF postcode area.

I take it that you are talking about Castleford and Dewsbury, but last time I checked Dewsbury were not in SL. 

Edited by Agbrigg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

wouldn't worry too much about it - they have done fantastic, but the dogs have had their day - they won't be beating Leigh next week - would love it if they did but in reality, its not gonna happen 

Let us dream. 

You’re right. It would be the biggest shock in the games history, for me. 

6 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Let us dream. 

You’re right. It would be the biggest shock in the games history, for me. 

I concur but by 10 fold, and if you watched Leigh this season you would say the same.

Two weeks ago Leigh beat Batley 64 - 6 at the same venue as the final the LSV, in that game Batley fielded a very similar team - with the same pack - that beat Fev yesterday, this Leigh team just do not stop the intensity from first whistle to last, no way in the memory of man can Batley turn round a 58 point loss last time out v Leigh to a win in the final.

I can't find any betting odds on this game, Sky have not published anything but I should imagine Leigh will be  at least 1/10 on they were 1/9 before the semis with Batley at 40/1.

Our floodlights are plenty bright enough, it’s just our Chairman doesn’t like switching them on, especially on a still evening when the windmill stops spinning.  In all seriousness Mount pleasant is perfectly ok for super league bar minor alterations. Loads of cover, loads of seats, loads of hospitality boxes, 2 indoor and 1 outdoor bar, 3 food outlets, nice leccy scoreboard and loads of toilets, all modern and well maintained and at a guess would hold maybe 9K what else do you need? If it’s a TV game the atmosphere in the mount with 3500 would be a lot better than 3500 at Huddersfield.  Anyway dose anyone know the phone number of the cook who does post training snap at the LSV, I’ve got a proposition for them!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

Our floodlights are plenty bright enough,

The criteria. Which can always be waived, it seems.

(First column in white is SL, second is Championship)

image.png.c4914098a88e70e6b6a911e0e70a7428.png

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Batley have a great little ground. Although I must say the slope would be an interesting addition to SL. 

Having never been to MP I didn’t realise how steep the slope was. I’d obviously heard about it but a televised game earlier this season really highlighted how steep it was when you compare it to the stand.

Just now, Gomersall said:

Having never been to MP I didn’t realise how steep the slope was. I’d obviously heard about it but a televised game earlier this season really highlighted how steep it was when you compare it to the stand.

Fairly sure it's about 9 feet corner to corner 

• Like 1

Batley are a great club.

They could never be full-time, which is the most important criterion of all, surely?

Promotion could potentially lead to their demise (cf Workington).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Batley are a great club.

They could never be full-time, which is the most important criterion of all, surely?

Promotion could potentially lead to their demise (cf Workington).

Why couldnt they? Anyone could be full time with SL funding if they desire.