Batley Bulldogs don’t meet Super League criteria

Jughead

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Why couldnt they? Anyone could be full time with SL funding if they desire.

Yes full time but with players who just wouldn't be good enough , if Leigh do manage to get up , then hopefully we already have enough quality at the club to then bolster to the point of staying up 

But if they win , then best of to them 

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why couldnt they? Anyone could be full time with SL funding if they desire.

There is a gulf of difference between a full-time team and a full-time club. I believe that there are criteria regarding sales and marketing operations for a SL club, for one. To put such an operation in place from scratch would place a massive pressure upon any relatively small club.

This is only one simple example of the difference in operation required.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes full time but with players who just wouldn't be good enough , if Leigh do manage to get up , then hopefully we already have enough quality at the club to then bolster to the point of staying up 

But if they win , then best of to them 

PT/FT isn't just about the players. Most fans fail to understand this, having a superficial understanding of how successful clubs/ businesses operate.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

There is a gulf of difference between a full-time team and a full-time club. I believe that there are criteria regarding sales and marketing operations for a SL club, for one. To put such an operation in place from scratch would place a massive pressure upon any relatively small club.

Even more SL criteria? Who knew?

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If London could make a good fist of it, better than some who spent much more in fact, then I'm sure Batley could. If they live within their means and do nothing crazy then it certainly doesn't have to be disastrous.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

If London could make a good fist of it, better than some who spent much more in fact, then I'm sure Batley could. If they live within their means and do nothing crazy then it certainly doesn't have to be disastrous.

I don’t get that comparison. London were full time and had players on full-time contracts, regardless of how talented they were compared to other Super League clubs. Batley would be going from part-time to full-time in early October, trying to put a 25 man (as a rough estimate) full time squad together from scratch. The gulf between London of 2018 vs Batley of 2022 is vast. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

PT/FT isn't just about the players. Most fans fail to understand this, having a superficial understanding of how successful clubs/ businesses operate.

I agree Johnny , there is much more , the real problem is that it would be for only one season , not a criticism of the Dogs , just an opinion , you have to be full time with a good % of suitable players before you get promoted  , I've just posted something similar on the Fev club site 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I don’t get that comparison. London were full time and had players on full-time contracts, regardless of how talented they were compared to other Super League clubs. Batley would be going from part-time to full-time in early October, trying to put a 25 man (as a rough estimate) full time squad together from scratch. The gulf between London of 2018 vs Batley of 2022 is vast. 

London weren't full time in the Championship and by all accounts spent barely over a million in SL on £1.8 million funding. No reason other clubs can do likewise and live within  their means.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Damien said:

London weren't full time in the Championship and by all accounts spent barely over a million in SL on £1.8 million funding. No reason other clubs can do likewise and live within  their means.

They were full-time. They only went part-time this year. 

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Mount Pleasant doesn’t. That’s the point. Well, right now they don’t, if they get in, they’ll have to make changes. 

Londons ground barely held 3000.

Batley do not have the infrastructure, but deserve all the accolades. 

They won't beat Leigh because Leigh are just too fasy, too fit and too big and their coach knows this, but they will have a dig. 

If the fairytale does happen, I am really intreagued how Batley will be refused SL criteria unless they refuse themselves. 

Therefore, do Leigh go up? 

3 hours ago, Chris_T said:

Our floodlights are plenty bright enough, it’s just our Chairman doesn’t like switching them on, especially on a still evening when the windmill stops spinning.  In all seriousness Mount pleasant is perfectly ok for super league bar minor alterations. Loads of cover, loads of seats, loads of hospitality boxes, 2 indoor and 1 outdoor bar, 3 food outlets, nice leccy scoreboard and loads of toilets, all modern and well maintained and at a guess would hold maybe 9K what else do you need? If it’s a TV game the atmosphere in the mount with 3500 would be a lot better than 3500 at Huddersfield.  Anyway dose anyone know the phone number of the cook who does post training snap at the LSV, I’ve got a proposition for them!!!

It's suitable for for our away following yer not going anywhere, yer can't 😉. We've already lost Dewsbury.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

They won't beat Leigh because Leigh are just too fasy, too fit and too big and their coach knows this, but they will have a dig. 

If the fairytale does happen, I am really intreagued how Batley will be refused SL criteria unless they refuse themselves. 

No Toulouse lol.

8 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

But just think if they did . I would be the first in the queue to by their most expensive season ticket. 

Having said that, I would only use it when they were at home against Wakey, Howver it would still be a pleasure to cough up the cash.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

There is another’s question for the game that if clubs are in the professional structure but arent prepared to reach the top level should they be competing in a pyramid where that is the aim? What are you giving central funding for?

I doubt Batley get much funding and seem to do the right things, own their ground and are run in a sustainable way. I think they justify the funding they get.

10 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Of course Leigh goes up and you know that very well Snowy, just as you say the Batley coach knows it, Batley will come and give their all untill it becomes a foregone conclusion which has happened to many of Leigh's opponents this season, it must be heart destroying for the opposition to see wave after wave of Cherry and White coming at you in both attack and defence.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I thought it was 14 feet, I'm sure I've seen that figure before.

i was told it was around 9 feet too, the cross bar at the bottom end being level with the try line at the top end.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..