Batley Bulldogs don’t meet Super League criteria

Jughead

23 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I think you're being a bit optimistic about the pitch , 40 hours usage a week ? 🤔🙄

What the manufacturer states, not me. TBH I was surprised but technology moves on.

I doubt we'd use it that much, but even  20 hours a week probably gives us 10 hours a week to rent to other sports.

That sport from what I here will almost certainly be football with Wakefield AFC who will move in next year as paying tenants. Ditto I believe there is interest from a major football team to base their women's team at BV.

So I doubt it will be ever open to the public to rent as was the original idea with a 4G pitch.

Let's put it this way, we were 4G all the way then there was a sudden change of heart, one you'd assume was made because the hybrid pitch proved attractive to other users. It will certainly cost us far more to maintain so there has to be some advantage somewhere, especially as we are the tightest club in the competition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What the manufacturer states, not me. TBH I was surprised but technology moves on.

I doubt we'd use it that much, but even  20 hours a week probably gives us 10 hours a week to rent to other sports.

That sport from what I here will almost certainly be football with Wakefield AFC who will move in next year as paying tenants. Ditto I believe there is interest from a major football team to base their women's team at BV.

So I doubt it will be ever open to the public to rent as was the original idea with a 4G pitch.

Let's put it this way, we were 4G all the way then there was a sudden change of heart, one you'd assume was made because the hybrid pitch proved attractive to other users. It will certainly cost us far more to maintain so there has to be some advantage somewhere, especially as we are the tightest club in the competition.

As I put , the maximum usage of the LSV pitch is 6 hours as in 3 games , that being Leigh , United Ladies ( based completely at the site ) and the United u 23 s , formerly Blackburn Rovers reserves used it prior to United's involvement 

Not seen any great changes to the ' Desso ' system , 40 hours ?  😂

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

The football club coming back to the town will help Wakey with a cut of any bar.

It wouldn't be a cut of the bar, it would be all of the bar - Wakey own the place now.

Tenants would likely keep all or most of their ticket sales, but have to pay a rental fee & match-day costs e.g. stewarding, lights etc.

That's generally how these deals are structured.

3 minutes ago, dboy said:

It wouldn't be a cut of the bar, it would be all of the bar - Wakey own the place now.

Tenants would likely keep all or most of their ticket sales, but have to pay a rental fee & match-day costs e.g. stewarding, lights etc.

That's generally how these deals are structured.

How rich a club are Wakefield FC ? , What level do they play at ?

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not rich, not high level...but the money in soccer is bonkers.

Even as a low level club, any monies Trinity received from a soccer club, would be an increase in their incomes.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Northern Counties East League - division 1 (10th tier). Having been promoted from the Sheffield & Hallamshire Senior League last year.

Same level as teams like Ashton Town on your side of the hills.

Edited by Barley Mow

13 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Ditto I believe there is interest from a major football team to base their women's team at BV.

Leeds United?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

With 40 hours usage a week they can accommodate Leeds United , Huddersfield Town , Bradford City , both Sheffield clubs , Rotherham and Doncaster's ladies as well 😉 

Rolling in it 

The usage of the pitch will include Trinity team's training regimes, which the club previously paid out to use other venues.

With matches, training (saved expenditure), and some community use (income), who knows what the real usage/community uptake will be, but whatever it it is, the club will benefit.

20 hours ago, dboy said:

The usage of the pitch will include Trinity team's training regimes, which the club previously paid out to use other venues.

With matches, training (saved expenditure), and some community use (income), who knows what the real usage/community uptake will be, but whatever it it is, the club will benefit.

Leigh don't train on the LSV pitch , nobody trains on the LSV pitch , it is a match pitch only 

On 26/09/2022 at 17:16, gingerjon said:

Down in the replies: seems to be 'things that are doable' including needing to get floodlights up to Sky-broadcast standard.

i thought batley had played a home game on premier sports under floodlights this season. 

is there some kind of difference in spec between premier and sky

17 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

i thought batley had played a home game on premier sports under floodlights this season. 

is there some kind of difference in spec between premier and sky

Pretty sure they played against Leigh on a Monday Night. However, that was in late May, and the sun was still up for most of the match. Bit different in February I imagine.