Headingley

Phil W

I noticed the Super League awards, Championship and League One awards all at Headingley. Plus Sky often use it as a base for rugby league including a studio for the French derby. 

Leeds will get paid for this, but does anyone think this is right? It just seems a bit odd that one club is getting extra income.

Just now, Phil W said:

I noticed the Super League awards, Championship and League One awards all at Headingley. Plus Sky often use it as a base for rugby league including a studio for the French derby. 

Leeds will get paid for this, but does anyone think this is right? It just seems a bit odd that one club is getting extra income.

The facilities are great, If other clubs want to host things, they'll have to improve.

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Could hardly do it at Castleford could you now ?

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

The facilities are great, If other clubs want to host things, they'll have to improve.

Where should these events be held?

One of the main reasons to rebuild the stadium the way they have was to create extra revenue from the facilities, and they are easily the best in RL (or both codes) in this country.

20 minutes ago, Damien said:

Saints, Warrington have good corporate facilities off the top of my head. I don't see a small hotel as a reason why it has to be at Headingley by any means.

So they’re not comparable.

The hotel doesn’t mean it HAS to be at Headingley but that plus the other facilities make it the best place to hold these things.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So they’re not comparable.

The hotel doesn’t mean it HAS to be at Headingley but that plus the other facilities make it the best place to hold these things.

All you need is corporate facilities. An hotel doesn't make one bit of difference to somewhere holding a corporate event. Warrington and St Helens have places to stay too strangely enough.

Are you trying to make out this hotel was blocked booked for this event? Did anyone even stay there? You sound awfully one eyed about this to be honest just because you are a Leeds fan.

Just now, Damien said:

All you need is corporate facilities. An hotel doesn't make one bit of difference to somewhere holding a corporate event. Warrington and St Helens have places to stay too strangely enough.

Are you trying to make out this hotel was blocked booked for this event? Did anyone even stay there? You sound awfully one eyed about this to be honest just because you are a Leeds fan.

No im just pointing out why it may be chosen for these things.

Not sure why them being held there seems to ‘trigger’ some people, it’s nothing to do with me being a Leeds fan it’s just pointing why headingley is a good place to hold these events.

11 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Think Jenna did it but equally great on every way 

Both of them ideally 

Just been watching ' Emms ' on our league , nice dress she's nearly wearing  😉

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Go on then. Explain to me what relevance the Western Terrace has to Headingley hosting awards dinners in the North Stand suite?

Oh dear here goes .Everytime the redevelopment of Headingley and its facilities someone pipes up about the western terrace . Everytime Headingley is mentioned for whatever reason someone mentions the western terrace . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

No im just pointing out why it may be chosen for these things.

Not sure why them being held there seems to ‘trigger’ some people, it’s nothing to do with me being a Leeds fan it’s just pointing why headingley is a good place to hold these events.

Triggered? Jesus wept, the Leeds persecution complex really is in overdrive this year. It really isn't wrong to share events around those clubs that can host them. Other clubs have invested in their facilities and should reap the rewards of that investment too. You rather strangley seem to have an issue with that.