Headingley

Phil W

Realistically the choice for corporate do's is Leeds or Manchester (Hull maybe if they're feeling strange). Seeing as though (Greater) Manchester doesn't have any RL owned corporate facilities to host these events, then Headingley is a very good option.

Shockingly it seems that if you invest in your facilities and market them competitively, then plenty of people want to use them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Its everytine some says 'best in all codes of rugby by far' or 'best in the league' well its not as the away end is worse than wakeys away end.

Its an ok stadium but not the best and certainly no where near the best if your an away fan.

You do realise part of both the south and North stand are allocated to the away side?

I do think RL has a slight issue with taking the easy option and often based around budget (that's the perception as an outsider). 

Warrington x 4 games in the WC. 

Saints hosting the Women's Grand Final despite a good chance of their team playing in it. 

But I don't see an issue with this venue being used in the slightest. If we are there again next year, and the year after, then maybe time for criticism, but they have a great facility, no issue with it being used. 

I do think Manchester is the ultimate place in the North for us to use as our central base overall. 

Edited by Dave T

20 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You do realise part of both the south and North stand are allocated to the away side?

Here we go, 

The best rugby stadium in the land (just don't look at the away end)

When I buy tickets at my club for Leeds away they give me a ticket for that joke of a stand.....

15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do think RL has a slight issue with taking the easy option and often based around budget (that's the perception as an outsider). 

Saints hosting the Women's Grand Final despite a good chance of their team playing in it. 

But I don't see an issue with this venue being used in the slightest. If we are there again next year, and the year after, then maybe time for criticism, but they have a great facility, no issue with it being used. 

I do think Manchester is the ultimate place in the North for us to use as our central base overall. 

I think they picked Saints because they thought saints would be there and could draw a decent crowd. Same with Leeds the year earlier.

The womens game is nowhere near pro level and probably never will be.

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

I think they picked Saints because they thought saints would be there and could draw a decent crowd. Same with Leeds the year earlier.

The womens game is nowhere near pro level and probably never will be.

Yeah, that's a small time reason and we should aim for better than that. And that ain't to do with being pro level. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Here we go, 

The best rugby stadium in the land (just don't look at the away end)

When I buy tickets at my club for Leeds away they give me a ticket for that joke of a stand.....

No, your club gets an allocation for the north stand, you can buy them if the Western Terrace annoys you so much.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I agree, RL often takes the "easy option", which often translates to "cheapest". Headingley is now a great facility for something like this 

So, we've concluded that Headingley is a great venue for an event, but RL shouldn't use it too much because that's unfair to other clubs with inferior facilities, but Headingley does have everything that an RL event would need, including a hotel on site for event guests even if that isn't important, except a roof on the "away" (sic) end and that's a problem because all RL is played during the UK typhoon season and never in summer, but having good facilities is a good thing so long as we don't use them too much because that's too easy? 

Got it. 😉 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, that's a small time reason and we should aim for better than that. And that ain't to do with being pro level. 

They picked Saints because Sky were covering St Helens the day before.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

So, we've concluded that Headingley is a great venue for an event, but RL shouldn't use it too much because that's unfair to other clubs with inferior facilities, but Headingley does have everything that an RL event would need, including a hotel on site for event guests even if that isn't important, except a roof on the "away" (sic) end and that's a problem because all RL is played during the UK typhoon season and never in summer, but having good facilities is a good thing so long as we don't use them too much because that's too easy? 

Got it. 😉 

Apart from state of the art North, East and South stands, lots of corporate facilities, nearby train station (a huge selling point!), a pretty decent pitch, hotels, a decent nightlife right on the doorstep, a presence in one of the biggest cities in the UK, media facilities most clubs could only dream about, and an away terrace (where away fans aren’t actually forced to go in) which is no worse than those on offer in the nearby WF postcode....what has Headingley ever done for us?!

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

Its everytine some says 'best in all codes of rugby by far' or 'best in the league' well its not as the away end is worse than wakeys away end.

Its an ok stadium but not the best and certainly no where near the best if your an away fan.

Headingly's  North stand is by far the best place to watch rugby with a family at least of any code in my view.....comfortable seats, great bar area and crowds very family friendly but still the excitement of the South stand opposite 

I actually think the Cappagh stand at Broncos is similarly excellent....we just need to get the atmosphere going by filling the end opposite!

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who do you support?

Anyway, there are allocated spaces in both the north and south stand just buy one of those if standing on the WT annoys you, its not difficult.

Yeah...I always say that a too. In fact the western edge of the North stand could probably be given over to away fans as it never fills 

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah...I always say that a too. In fact the western edge of the North stand could probably be given over to away fans as it never fills 

I pointed this out to the Official Wolves twitter feed when they were moaning about having to stand uncovered.

From their very own website.

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yipyee said:

No comment 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK