Headingley

Phil W

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's a perfect example of how cheap we are isn't it? 

Yup. And how bad at investing to build a new audience.

With regards to Headingley: it is both an excellent facility that is right to use *and* the lazy and obvious choice.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I pointed this out to the Official Wolves twitter feed when they were moaning about having to stand uncovered.

From their very own website.

spacer.png

You can lead a wolf to water but you can't make it drink 

I guess you can soak the wolf on the Western terrace if it rains though 

5 hours ago, yipyee said:

Its everytine some says 'best in all codes of rugby by far' or 'best in the league' well its not as the away end is worse than wakeys away end.

Its an ok stadium but not the best and certainly no where near the best if your an away fan.

So apart from your opinion of the WT what is wrong with the other 3 stands? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm not a Leeds fan, but aren't the reasons for the non-redevelopment of the Western Terrace obvious, with the houses right behind them. Wakefield have the same issue of their "away" end, but with houses of a slightly lower value in North Wakefield than North Leeds!

Yes ,but not only that it's a matter of cost I think those two stands cost about £ 40.000000 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Has anyone mentioned the Western Terrace yet?….

I was just wondering…

• Haha 3
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm not a Leeds fan, but aren't the reasons for the non-redevelopment of the Western Terrace obvious, with the houses right behind them. Wakefield have the same issue of their "away" end, but with houses of a slightly lower value in North Wakefield than North Leeds!

There's also a public footpath (granted a bit of an assault hotspot that shouldn't exist) that would have to be considered.

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There's also a public footpath (granted a bit of an assault hotspot that shouldn't exist) that would have to be considered.

If the Headingley Development had not been in The City of Leeds there would not be comments about the WT 

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

We got there in the end,folks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who do you support?

Anyway, there are allocated spaces in both the north and south stand just buy one of those if standing on the WT annoys you, its not difficult.

I think the point is that its not the best rugby stadium, 3 stands are good, one side resembles a war zone

14 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I think the point is that its not the best rugby stadium, 3 stands are good, one side resembles a war zone

And the point is that even with the open terrace its seen as the best purpose built rugby stadium when you add in all the facilities.

If take headingley with any of its shortcomings over a identikit stadium anyday of the week.

’best’ is of course subjective 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, yipyee said:

3/4 is ok

Other clubs have 4/4 

Therefore Leeds are 1/4 from ever having 'the best' facilities

It cost an awful lot more than those two other clubs and the roof didn't blow off either .

I think this anti Leeds thing is because it's a City 

JAMIE PEACOCK

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And the point is that even with the open terrace its seen as the best purpose built rugby stadium when you add in all the facilities.

If take headingley with any of its shortcomings over a identikit stadium anyday of the week.

’best’ is of course subjective 

I never really understand 'identikit' or 'flatpack' as any kind of criticism of a stadium. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I never really understand 'identikit' or 'flatpack' as any kind of criticism of a stadium. 

Its just a way of describing stadiums that don’t have a lot of character, history or individuality, and that’s not really a big criticism, saints and wires stadiums are great and its a real credit to them that they were forward thinking and got them built, Im just glad Leeds decided to rennovate the old stadium rather than move, which I appreciate wasn’t probably an option for some clubs.

but with that came comprising in places such as the WT.

I really like what Hull KR have managed to do at their stadium aswell

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I think this anti Leeds thing is because it's a City 

Like Hull, Salford, Bradford, York and Wakefield?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Its just a way of describing stadiums that don’t have a lot of character, history or individuality, and that’s not really a big criticism, saints and wires stadiums are great and its a real credit to them that they were forward thinking and got them built, Im just glad Leeds decided to rennovate the old stadium rather than move, which I appreciate wasn’t probably an option for some clubs.

but with that came comprising in places such as the WT.

I really like what Hull KR have managed to do at their stadium aswell

I'm not sure I see character in knocking down three stands and replacing them with 100% brand new buildings, and leaving an old one there. 

• Like 1