Isaiah Papali’i absolutely robbed from the dally m team of year

This has to be the biggest robbery of an award in rugby league history. The bloke has been parramatta’s best player for almost every game this season. Absolutely appalling descions it really ruins the authenticity of the award when players like him aren’t getting in. He should be top 5 for the dally m medal Nevermind not making the team of the year I’m honestly appalled.

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

This has to be the biggest robbery of an award in rugby league history. The bloke has been parramatta’s best player for almost every game this season. Absolutely appalling descions it really ruins the authenticity of the award when players like him aren’t getting in. He should be top 5 for the dally m medal Nevermind not making the team of the year I’m honestly appalled.

This might be the time you present the team of the year for everyone to discuss whether they feel the same

9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

This might be the time you present the team of the year for everyone to discuss whether they feel the same

I'm guessing the backrowers would be a Yeo at 13, Nanai and then possibly Kikau?

I'd rather have Papali'i than Kikau, but it's not like they're picking garbage

Edited by MattSantos

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 minute ago, MattSantos said:

I'm guessing the backrowers would be a Yeo at 13, Nanai and then possibly Kikau?

Yes, correct.  I like Papali'i and he has had a terrific season but you also can't argue with the one's chosen.

Someone who I think does have a case to be a little aggrieved is Daniel Tupou who sees Joseph Suali'i get the nod on one wing when I think Tupou was comfortably the best winger at the Roosters all year.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just Thought I’d throw in Isaiah Stats for you guys who don’t agree.

27 Games

10 Tries

10 Linebreak Assists

4 Try Assists

33 Offloads

938 Tackles

94% Tackle Efficiency

142 Average Run Metres

3800 Total Run Metres

100 Tackle Breaks

1500 Post contact metres

he’s basically the best in the nrl at every stat in his position (Bar Offloads) He should have been top 5  for the dally m medal let alone not being the best in his position, Not to mention Joseph Tapine wasn’t even in the top 10 for the dally m medal. it is just goes to show how criminal the nrl treat fowards with these awards. They needs to sort this stuff out it’s disgusting.

• Thanks 1

when I was 14 - there was an art competition in our year at school - I was sure my picture of MR T  was gonna win but it didn't - some kid called Banksy or something won it with some crappi stencil of mrs thatcher taking a dump - but that learned me a lesson in life and the lesson was - stop wasting time drawing pictures of MR T - am sure mr papalii will move on in life

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

when I was 14 - there was an art competition in our year at school - I was sure my picture of MR T  was gonna win but it didn't - some kid called Banksy or something won it with some crappi stencil of mrs rhatcher taking a dump - but that learned me a lesson in life and the lesson was - stop wasting time drawing pictures of MR T - am sure mr papalii will move on in life

Mr T as in Dennis Thatcher ?

40 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Just Thought I’d throw in Isaiah Stats for you guys who don’t agree.

27 Games

10 Tries

10 Linebreak Assists

4 Try Assists

33 Offloads

938 Tackles

94% Tackle Efficiency

142 Average Run Metres

3800 Total Run Metres

100 Tackle Breaks

1500 Post contact metres

he’s basically the best in the nrl at every stat in his position (Bar Offloads) He should have been top 5  for the dally m medal let alone not being the best in his position, Not to mention Joseph Tapine wasn’t even in the top 10 for the dally m medal. it is just goes to show how criminal the nrl treat fowards with these awards. They needs to sort this stuff out it’s disgusting.

How can he be best in his position for every stat bar offloads when Jeremiah Nanai (in the team of the year) has scored 17 tries this year.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

How can he be best in his position for every stat bar offloads when Jeremiah Nanai (in the team of the year) has scored 17 tries this year.

My mistake but still Isaiah Papali’i  is only 7 off one of the greatest try scoring seasons from a backrower whilst not being an arial threat like Nanai.

Kikau's stats to compare with those above:

9 Tries 

10 Try Assists 

15 Line Break Assists 

8 Line Breaks 

44 Offloads

IPap is a quality workhorse whereas Kikau is more pick your moments and deliver game changing plays player, hence why IPaps run metres/tackles etc leave Kikau for dead while Kikau's try involvements/LBAs/offloads leaves IPap for dead. Different types of players and IMO the best 2 edges in the world but someone had to make way for Nanai's season-long imitation of a winger playing second row. 

Wouldn't even consider is a robbery let alone the biggest one in RL history, unfortunate for him that the other two have had phenomenal seasons in their own right and contribute more to plays that win you Dally M points.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1