Licensing returning to super league

Rarefrith

Rugby league has constantly shot itself in the foot and todays announcement just clarifies they once again intend to continue on their path of self destruction. Regret it yes I believe they certainly will as rugby league has confirmed it’s continued path of self destruction. But hey Wigan Leeds st. helens and the likes can sleep safely now just like they always wanted. Totally laughable these idiots ruining our game. It’s the final nail in the coffin for me and no doubt many others.

No doubt big changes for fev and others regarding splashing the cash on new players.

If you read some of the detail that the trade press are reporting, this might not be as bad as we're thinking.

On-field performance is to be a heavy factor in deciding the grade of license.  Cat A are guaranteed SL, Best Cat Bs make up the rest of SL. Rest of Cat Bs and all Cat Cs play in the lower divisions. Grading to be reviewed every season rather than every 3 years like last time. SL to expand when there are 12 Cat A clubs.

Recognition from IMG that criteria need to be applied equally and be transparent (unlike last time).

Doesn't come in until 2024, there will still be promotion next year.

I'd guess that Fev would comfortably get a middle rank Grade B.

I'm willing to give it a chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

Outrageous. I’ve already got my season ticket for next year but that’s me done after then. Not going through that again no way. 

We've bought ours and i  would pack in tomorrow but i can't abandon Rovers it's in the blood, but it's madning.

Edited by Fevrover

2 hours ago, plug said:

Makes you wonder if DM at leigh knew sumat like this was going to happen with him putting a team like he has together to win promotion then it's a closed shop to the top tier again ?? 

Of course he did but so did you, it's not like you haven't spent big though clearly not as big as Leigh. That said it could have backfired on them and had you had a better coach you might have challenged them harder.

But basically it all stinks. Be interesting to see if they honour the yearly licencing after 2025 or whenever it was.

Other than that don't know what to say, leaves ambitious clubs like you high and dry. Sorry.

• Like 1

Under licensing we will never fit the criteria for Super League.Wakey and Cas in our area will always be in front of us.So all we need is a  rich benefactor to put up a million so we can achieve promotion next season.Anyone got the address of the 171 million Euro Lottery winner.I may have to send a begging letter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Under licensing we will never fit the criteria for Super League.Wakey and Cas in our area will always be in front of us.So all we need is a  rich benefactor to put up a million so we can achieve promotion next season.Anyone got the address of the 171 million Euro Lottery winner.I may have to send a begging letter.

Dont write us off yet S still P ad R 23 and 24 plus would assume we are a strong B so lets try and get an A  new floodlighyts hybrid  pitch new corporate boxes in corner next to clubhouse for starters

• Like 1

Featherstone Rovers welcome the initial findings of the work undertaken by IMG as part of the Reimagining Rugby League Project, in particular the retention of promotion and relegation to and from Super league for the next two years.

Having attended the meeting, both Chairman Mark Campbell and CEO Martin Vickers have issued the following joint statement.

As a club we welcome the findings of the report by IMG, we believe that the recommendations include sensible and timely initiatives that will strengthen the future of our sport. As a club we believe the work undertaken over the last 10-15 years has stood us in good stead for this revitalisation of the sport. We are a sustainable Club that have invested heavily in our facilities and we are confident that any assessment of our on and off field performance will be positive.

We also believe the work undertaken by the club in the community and in the Women’s and girls game also put us in a strong position for the future. We know we have work to do, we have never rested on our laurels here at Featherstone but after last weekend's disappointment, we will quickly move on and refocus our objectives to gain promotion to Super League in 2023.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, POR said:

Dont write us off yet S still P ad R 23 and 24 plus would assume we are a strong B so lets try and get an A  new floodlighyts hybrid  pitch new corporate boxes in corner next to clubhouse for starters

Agree with Floodlights and filling the corner near the clubhouse.But don't like the hybrid pitch.I know it makes sense with so many games being played but i am a mud and grass man at heart.Can't see us ever getting the nod over Cas ans Wakey due to the close proximity.If they want London,it makes sense to have 2 French sides so some other SL clubs may get the chop.Bradford if they get a decent ground will be in front of us.I would rather have a play off between the bottom SL team and top Championship despite the odds being stacked than no promotion and relegation.

15 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree with Floodlights and filling the corner near the clubhouse.But don't like the hybrid pitch.I know it makes sense with so many games being played but i am a mud and grass man at heart.Can't see us ever getting the nod over Cas ans Wakey due to the close proximity.If they want London,it makes sense to have 2 French sides so some other SL clubs may get the chop.Bradford if they get a decent ground will be in front of us.I would rather have a play off between the bottom SL team and top Championship despite the odds being stacked than no promotion and relegation.

Doesn't sound like IMG will fall for attractive artists impressions like The RFL did last time.  Cas could be in bother.  Wakey should be OK. 

The ONLY good thing that may come from this is that SL clubs may not need to boost their playing roster by so many overseas players to survive in the promised land

8 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

If you read some of the detail that the trade press are reporting, this might not be as bad as we're thinking.

On-field performance is to be a heavy factor in deciding the grade of license.  Cat A are guaranteed SL, Best Cat Bs make up the rest of SL. Rest of Cat Bs and all Cat Cs play in the lower divisions. Grading to be reviewed every season rather than every 3 years like last time. SL to expand when there are 12 Cat A clubs.

Recognition from IMG that criteria need to be applied equally and be transparent (unlike last time).

David , how do they know now that the will be some grade B clubs in SL ? , Because they've already graded everybody 

On field to be a ' heavy factor ' ? , Still subjective 

They said it would be transparent last time 

8 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Would you give it a chance if Fev were given a low B rank.

In other words do you really give a sh£t about the lower clubs?