Licensing returning to super league

Rarefrith

1 hour ago, eltel said:

well we’ll well

we have had about 26 years since the inception of super league which has always created more problems and controversy than ever. Never had much problems before that especially with the challenge cup format but hey let’s keep constantly changing everything making it almost a closed shop once again. My best guess is more controversy than ever with these img proposals. I imagine teams like york and bradford will benefit from these changes if they are not tinkered with again or most likely scrapped in a couple of years. Just cannot see fev benefitting from these proposals and the lower league teams will become almost extinct or play amateur rugby with very few fans.

Short memories some folk. RL was going bust before the Sky deal fell into our laps. I wouldn't claim that the money has been well spent but claiming that there were no problems before SL is really wide of the mark.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

Short memories some folk. RL was going bust before the Sky deal fell into our laps. I wouldn't claim that the money has been well spent but claiming that there were no problems before SL is really wide of the mark.

Totally agree, Sky didn't tell the clubs how to distribute the money or how to spend it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

That rules Wigan out lol, there's more chance of me getting a c@$ season ticket.

Five of last years super greed teams F  Huddersfield Giants, Wigan Warriors, Hull FC, Toulouse Olympique and Salford Red Devils – 

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The proposed criteria haven't been published (nor I believe even communicated to the clubs) yet never mind agreed and voted on. Someone's stirring. 

Should have known better,there will be nothing that would go against Wigan.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

. I wouldn't claim that the money has been well spent 

The problem B is when the RFL got hold of all their new money instead of sharing it out in a more equitable way Lindsey made sure his wigan were going to get the some of the lions share ad infinitum

• Like 3

On 28/09/2022 at 16:02, POR said:

Apparently France, London identified as  areas of focus for growth. So are all three teams  getting Cat A

It really doesn't say that does it !!!! You are promoting tripe. You really cant argue that London well done has more potential than Fev, but its never been well done and I've watched the ups and downs for far too long. Currently we are grade B at best (and I don't know the criteria) but we do have an academy that has no competition within 150+ miles so if that was effective its surely a huge positive. Ask Wigan, Saints, Hull, etc

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yep, although there's a good argument that any club not having 1st use of their stadium should mean that they can't get an A in that category.

There's loads of good arguments , and equal numbers of terrible ones 

It's all male genitals 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic XIII said:

It really doesn't say that does it !!!! You are promoting tripe. You really cant argue that London well done has more potential than Fev, but its never been well done and I've watched the ups and downs for far too long. Currently we are grade B at best (and I don't know the criteria) but we do have an academy that has no competition within 150+ miles so if that was effective its surely a huge positive. Ask Wigan, Saints, Hull, etc

I was not promoting any thing my dear boy just asking a question 

unfortunately I think londons potential is long gone  M which is sad I was at craven cottage on 14th sep1980 in a crowd just short of 10K to watch my mate turn  out  for Fulham when they beat wigan  24-5 and talked to loads of londoners who were all up for it

I'm still watching FEV I wonder how many of them are still watching london

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yep. I'm finding it funny that some are talking as though the previous licencing period was a golden age for the sport. 

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yep. I'm finding it funny that some are talking as though the previous licencing period was a golden age for the sport. 

I was just pursuing this board when you replied 

I agree , it was rubbish , and even if Leigh ended up with the chosen few , I'd be seriously considering whether it was worth bothering with 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 11:24, The Phantom Horseman said:

I know our pitch condition attracted a fair bit of comment for the Leigh game in February, but The Shay has some long-lasting issues with their pitch and are at the whim of the local council in terms of fixing it, though I believe there was some remedial work done on it in June.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/the-shay-stadium-halifax-pitch-23133725

Councils all over. They really don’t have a single brain cell between them when it comes to the efficient use of their own facilities.

The latest hybrid pitches offer between 30-40 hours a week, or that’s what the suppliers of Trinity’s new pitch claim.

That would open up the Shay to both teams to use all year round and some extra usage.

Thats why I think you need to sort your pitch as the extra versatility is a massive benefit to the club and the community. No point doing it unless you level the pitch, don’t think a hybrid pitch would work properly on a slope, they need to be snooker table flat.

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No point doing it unless you level the pitch, don’t think a hybrid pitch would work properly on a slope, they need to be snooker table flat.

I realise this is probably a dumb question because I don’t understand the science, but Why? 

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

I realise this is probably a dumb question because I don’t understand the science, but Why? 

Because as I understand it from what I read they are system built with drainage Channels and are watered from underground sprinklers so they maintain a perfect water balance. If they are not flat you get dry areas and wet areas which will eventually lead to uneven wear and then finally a failure as the channels get clogged up.

I suppose the easiest way to say it is that they offer the perfect surface but for that to work they have to be perfect.

I think you’ll agree that BV always looked a big wide flat pitch. It was better than most but it wasn’t flat. It dipped in parts and had a crown at the centre circle. You could see it if you really looked.

It all got levelled using laser technology with the foundations and drains all anchored down. I walked on it the other day and it’s incredibly even now, a bit disconcerting to be honest, it’s so flat.

Hope that help but I’m no expert.

I have a special love of POR as it was the first ground I ever visited, I wasn’t a fan of the game then. But more importantly I was involved in the design and build of the main stand when the old stand burnt down. About 1985.

I’m still proud of it, for it’s day it was a mini masterpiece and still does it’s job.

Just in case you’re wondering why I’m so interested.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Councils all over. They really don’t have a single brain cell between them when it comes to the efficient use of their own facilities.

The latest hybrid pitches offer between 30-40 hours a week, or that’s what the suppliers of Trinity’s new pitch claim.

That would open up the Shay to both teams to use all year round and some extra usage.

Thats why I think you need to sort your pitch as the extra versatility is a massive benefit to the club and the community. No point doing it unless you level the pitch, don’t think a hybrid pitch would work properly on a slope, they need to be snooker table flat.

I seriously doubt you'd use a hybrid pitch costing half a million for 40 hours a week , they are match pitches only , not training or community pitches , max of 6 hours use per week for the LSV pitch , I think somebody's getting their hybrids confused with their 4 G s 

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I seriously doubt you'd use a hybrid pitch costing half a million for 40 hours a week , they are match pitches only , not training or community pitches , max of 6 hours use per week for the LSV pitch , I think somebody's getting their hybrids confused with their 4 G s 

We’ve already discussed this on the main forum so why you’re arguing the toss I don’t know. 

Nobody is getting confused other than you. It’s the company that laid it who claim that not me but I can give you a contact number if you want to take it up with them.

We won’t use it that much I agree. However your assertion that the LSV pitch is used 6 hours a week is utterly stupid. What’s it made from moss?

BV’s old grass pitch did double that. In summer it was used dail for up to four hours a day as we have no training pitch and still don’t. It held up ok, winter we used to train on it periodically but at one point it happily hosted Leeds United reserves.

I suggest you check your figures or sue whoever laid your pitch. 6 hours a week my rear end, that might be all they let you use it but it can take way more. But then you’re just tenants aren’t you. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I have to say that the best thing about the new community stadium at York is the hybrid pitch - a superb surface that still looked like a carpet after being played on in January and February, when it was still pretty wet. The drainage is good too - we played Dewsbury in February, and a violent hailstorm hit ten minutes before kick-off, and I was expecting puddles on the pitch, but it seemed to drain immediately. Players also didn't seem tp be losing their footing excessively, either.

By comparison, Fax were playing on what looked like a mudheap with two canals running down the wings at the Shay during the same period......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

We’ve already discussed this on the main forum so why you’re arguing the toss I don’t know. 

Nobody is getting confused other than you. It’s the company that laid it who claim that not me but I can give you a contact number if you want to take it up with them.

We won’t use it that much I agree. However your assertion that the LSV pitch is used 6 hours a week is utterly stupid. What’s it made from moss?

BV’s old grass pitch did double that. In summer it was used dail for up to four hours a day as we have no training pitch and still don’t. It held up ok, winter we used to train on it periodically but at one point it happily hosted Leeds United reserves.

I suggest you check your figures or sue whoever laid your pitch. 6 hours a week my rear end, that might be all they let you use it but it can take way more. But then you’re just tenants aren’t you. 

I was discussing pitches with somebody else , your new pitch ( when you get it ) will I'm sure be able to withstand hours and hours of use with no deterioration , I'll look forward to watching the Leythers play on it should we still be in SL when you get it , that is providing Wakey are still in SL when you get it 

All the best