New proposals!

The Art of Hand and Foot

It’s fine to celebrate our working class history and heartlands roots but then don’t be surprised that we are sponsored by mushy peas and Betfred.  While union is sponsored by Range Rover and financiers. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It’s fine to celebrate our working class history and heartlands roots but then don’t be surprised that we are sponsored by mushy peas and Betfred.  While union is sponsored by Range Rover and financiers. 

And they have a national stadium of they're own. Twickenham is awesome. We can't compete with that. I've always wondered why since rugby leagues creation it's never sought to establish a national stadium .

22 minutes ago, tandle said:

your praising rugby union but the combined debt of the 12 clubs in the premiership is over £500 million.

there is only two clubs in credit bristol and london irish.

I think the millionaire backer of Bristol has backed them by 10s of millions.  If he left they’d collapse too.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

And they have a national stadium of they're own. Twickenham is awesome. We can't compete with that. I've always wondered why since rugby leagues creation it's never sought to establish a national stadium .

Because club game was king.  Why fund something like a stadium when you can buy another player?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, thecrab said:

RU in the mire big time ....Wasps go into administration and others are close to it 

For us, we need BP and flat cap Frank's help to make category. We are in last chance saloon, CH don't balls this up

It really feels like it's now or never. It has to be BP. Does Frank fancy owning a rugby club as well? 🤞

10 hours ago, saints10coach said:

Well done Keighley Cougars, the only club to vote against the IMG proposals for no promotion to or relegation from Super League. As for the rest of the clubs below Super League, where is your ambition. I am sure none of you speak for your fans.

Presumably that includes our own club as well? 

12 hours ago, saints10coach said:

Well done Keighley Cougars, the only club to vote against the IMG proposals for no promotion to or relegation from Super League. As for the rest of the clubs below Super League, where is your ambition. I am sure none of you speak for your fans.

There is P&R though. Just no relegation for cat A teams. The logic, I guess, is if you are in tier 2 and you have cat A facilities then you Trump a top tier team with cat B facilities. Encourages investment in the none playing side. This was the problem initially. Teams spending fortunes on playing staff rather than grounds. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 3

The doom and gloom rugby league was better when it was played in the mud contingent are out in full force over this. Literally the only thing that has changed for our club is that if we were to get into super league (wasn’t going to happen anyway) we’d need a stadium and club set up that put us in category B. Minimum standards are a good thing I’m not sure how saying you need a reasonable stadium and as a club have to meet some minimum standards is a bad thing or unambitious. 

10 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

There is P&R though. Just no relegation for cat A teams. The logic, I guess, is if you are in tier 2 and you have cat A facilities then you Trump a top tier team with cat B facilities. Encourages investment in the none playing side. This was the problem initially. Teams spending fortunes on playing staff rather than grounds. 

So what happens when their are enough cat A teams to fill the top tier …. no P & R. Ithink we all know that the criteria for Cat A will be at least in some aspects subjective.

So gives them the chance to reach a closed shop for their favoured clubs/locations.

I am waiting to hear the justification “thats how its done in Australia”…or maybe I have already missed it.

30 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

So what happens when their are enough cat A teams to fill the top tier …. no P & R. Ithink we all know that the criteria for Cat A will be at least in some aspects subjective.

So gives them the chance to reach a closed shop for their favoured clubs/locations.

I am waiting to hear the justification “thats how its done in Australia”…or maybe I have already missed it.

I asked that same question on the main forum.