Andrew Voss

“You can take me now, I have seen it all..!!”

Gotta love a bit of Vossy 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

“You can take me now, I have seen it all..!!”

Gotta love a bit of Vossy 

That wasn't Vossy calling that iconic ending. It was Warren Smith.

I'm really glad that Vossy is coming over again. He was great in 2013.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Am sure hes a great bloke but the bob monkhouse on acid style of presentation is not for me 

Seeing as you commented on the previous page that you prefer to be referred to as Johnny - with a capital J - surely you can refer to bob monkhouse as Bob Monkhouse.  Adding the OBE after his name would be appropriate as well! 😉

Edited by Adelaide Tiger
  • Like 2

I  do actually enjoy some of his other shows and contributions on the broadcasting circuit, seems a top bloke and respect his passion and knowledge of the game - just prefer something a little less full on with live commentary that's all - but having said that it might work, and it might be a refreshing change in contrast to some of the things we are used to over here as other posters have pointed out

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I think he'll go down well with the BBC if they pair him with a colour-commentator capable of a bit of banter about the rivalries between Australia and GB / Australia and NZ / GB and France. Cue Barrie McDermott.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

I think he'll go down well with the BBC if they pair him with a colour-commentator capable of a bit of banter about the rivalries between Australia and GB / Australia and NZ / GB and France. Cue Barrie McDermott.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Let Barrie enjoy a well-earned rest/pre-season.

On 29/09/2022 at 00:19, StandOffHalf said:

That wasn't Vossy calling that iconic ending. It was Warren Smith.

I'm really glad that Vossy is coming over again. He was great in 2013.

Hahaha fair enough... clearly all Aussies sound the same to me!!

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 28/09/2022 at 16:54, graveyard johnny said:

a simple comma - could have said so much more

Says the guy who started this thread with a sentence that began with an 'a' rather than the more acceptable cap 'A'. Oh look, you did it again. You really are the gift horse that keeps giving. 

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

A breath of fresh air!

A naturally humorous character and so so different from the pretentious, plummy RaRa dicks on the dark side.

Can we keep him? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

A breath of fresh air!

A naturally humorous character and so so different from the pretentious, plummy RaRa dicks on the dark side.

Can we keep him? 

'Dark side' commentators are leagues above RL in this country. Eddie Butler (RIP) was one of the greatest of all time, in any sport. IMG and SL should be chasing Andrew Voss round every pie shop in the north west with a contract! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

'Dark side' commentators are leagues above RL in this country. Eddie Butler (RIP) was one of the greatest of all time, in any sport. IMG and SL should be chasing Andrew Voss round every pie shop in the north west with a contract! 

Eddie Butler had a great voice for it but I never enjoyed his over-romantic style of commentatory... It did work well with Brian Moore though, who would call a spade a spade.

• Like 1