Jump to content

How do we feel about the proposals?


How do you feel about the proposals?  

115 members have voted

  1. 1. How do you feel about the proposals?

    • Ecstatic
      3
    • Positive
      47
    • Unsure
      35
    • Disappointed
      12
    • V disappointed
      18


Recommended Posts


It’s difficult not to be anything other than unsure simply because there’s a lot of detail to be thrashed out on finer details within the proposal. Once that’s clearer, it will allow for a more solid thought on the proposal. 

That said, there’s some things that, right now, sound positive, some that I’m unsure of and a couple I don’t necessarily agree with, at this stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a lot more to like than dislike. Many of the criticisms in the main thread seem to be people either filling in blanks with things they don't like just so they can moan, or are actually going against what is in the proposals put out so far.

Broadly positive then.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Just Davey and his buddies feathering there own nests, why go back to something that failed before.

It didn't fail  Lewis got another job and the lunatics took over the asylum

Cutting funding for development officers and giving the money to heartlands was the biggest brain fart. As sports England then cut the funding due to the funding being for expansion.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Just Davey and his buddies feathering there own nests, why go back to something that failed before.

I'm with yipee here. Not quite sure how Licencing failed last time? I'll freely admit to some of the criteria not being "policed" properly, but Licencing was, like many other things in RL, not given an opportunity to bed in.

I believe the most different thing about this proposal from IMG is the use of the term "12 year plan". 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As mentioned. There is much to be fleshed out.

 - Happy with Challenge Cup return to May.

- Home and away fixtures, no loop fixtures, but lets see.

- Need more detail on licensing, its not clear enough

My one concern is the space for 'an' international fixture mid season. Just 'one' isn't enough. It needs to be 3 games, preferably during Origin in Oz. Then if the domestic calendars are lined up - That (via a miracle) should free up NZ, Tonga, Samoa, PNG, Fiji to compete either in their own Oceana Cup, or GB/England tournament.

One international mid season isn't enough. Yes I know there would be October internationals, but we can't just continue to 'tag on' Internationals at the end of a season, with nothing else meaty in the middle of the season.

Edited by The British Lion
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

As mentioned. There is much to be fleshed out.

 - Happy with Challenge Cup return to May.

- Home and away fixtures, no loop fixtures, but lets see.

- Need more detail on licensing, its not clear enough

My one concern is the space for 'an' international fixture mid season. Just 'one' isn't enough. It needs to be 3 games, preferably during Origin in Oz. Then if the domestic calendars are lined up - That (via a miracle) should free up NZ, Tonga, Samoa, PNG, Fiji to compete either in their own Oceana Cup, or GB/England tournament.

One international mid season isn't enough. Yes I know there would be October internationals, but we can't just continue to 'tag on' Internationals at the end of a season, with nothing else meaty in the middle of the season.

Annual International vs France would be a great start. Wouldnt mind a european 9’s event over a weekend either to move it to new markets.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Why?

It's a good question.

I think because it won't be a level playing field. It will benefit bigger clubs and new fans will gravitate towards them. 

I think also sometimes being involved in a relegation or promotion battle really bonds the team and fans. 

What do you think about it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Niels said:

It's a good question.

I think because it won't be a level playing field. It will benefit bigger clubs and new fans will gravitate towards them. 

I think also sometimes being involved in a relegation or promotion battle really bonds the team and fans. 

What do you think about it?

Fans will always gravitate to winning sides, or clubs with good atmospheres, fighting against relegation can be seen as a win or a goal to achieve and then achieve.

I think under licensing a team that finishes bottom will start to plan for next year earlier and will be better the following year. This will be a winning side and attendances should hold up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, yipyee said:

Fans will always gravitate to winning sides, or clubs with good atmospheres, fighting against relegation can be seen as a win or a goal to achieve and then achieve.

I think under licensing a team that finishes bottom will start to plan for next year earlier and will be better the following year. This will be a winning side and attendances should hold up.

Will it create millions of extra income ? 

That we can then give to IMG ? 

And how will it do this ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Will it create millions of extra income ? 

That we can then give to IMG ? 

And how will it do this ? 

Firstly its consolidating what we have.

Then expanding from a solid base.

Cat A for what we have, Cat B with goals of whats needed to expand.

If every club looks to improve off the field we all grow collectively.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Firstly its consolidating what we have.

Then expanding from a solid base.

Cat A for what we have, Cat B with goals of whats needed to expand.

If every club looks to improve off the field we all grow collectively.

How will it expand the income ? , that's what IMG are interested in , nothing else 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having read the proposals on the Hull Daily mail website. Vety positive, not a lot to disagree with. the only caveat I would have is that you should be able to drop from Category A to B as much as the reverse.

In 2002 Bradford Bulls would have been an A Club in 2022 not so. The reality of sports is that you do not stay on top forever and if you make bad decisions you will pay a price for it. Not be propped up. The old Licensing arrangement allowed three clubs to atrophy almost to extinction - Bradford, London and Salford. Hopefully the new prposals, as I read it , will avoid this.

  • Like 3
Quote

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
 
uPgHTMA.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is wrong to state that Licensing failed because it was scrapped. By that measure, P&R also failed as we scrapped that too. 

 

Did it create increased income ? , That is the only priority here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Did it create increased income ? , That is the only priority here 

TV deal increased, gates were up. I don't personally believe those were specifically because of licensing tbh, and measuring the success becomes difficult. Particularly when we abandon things before success may be seen. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, yipyee said:

Fans will always gravitate to winning sides, or clubs with good atmospheres, fighting against relegation can be seen as a win or a goal to achieve and then achieve.

I think under licensing a team that finishes bottom will start to plan for next year earlier and will be better the following year. This will be a winning side and attendances should hold up.

Thanks. You are very knowledgeable about this. I still can't fully understand what will change for the championship teams. 

How do you think it will affect teams like Batley who I support?

How will it affect your team? I forget who you follow, is it Leigh? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...