How do we feel about the proposals?

How do you feel about the proposals?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the proposals?

• Ecstatic
    • Positive
    • Unsure
    • Disappointed
    • V disappointed

12 hours ago, Niels said:

It's a good question.

I think because it won't be a level playing field. It will benefit bigger clubs and new fans will gravitate towards them. 

I think also sometimes being involved in a relegation or promotion battle really bonds the team and fans. 

What do you think about it?

Is P&R a level playing field? Leigh have bought the Championship this year. Is that fair? If clubs don't spend to the cap then it can't be.

Is it not weird how spread out the NRL premierships are and how condensed they are in Super League?

• Like 5

new rise.jpg

Cautiously positive.

I like that they're addressing the lack of regular internationals.  I like scrapping Magic and presumably The Bash.  I like a renewed focus on the cup.

I have reservations about licensing in general and the process in particular.  It needs to be fully transparent and applied equally to all clubs, with no incumbency bias, opacity or blatant corruption like last time.  And no falling for shiny drawings of stadia either.  I'd still prefer straight forward promotion and relegation.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Pulga said:

Is P&R a level playing field? Leigh have bought the Championship this year. Is that fair? If clubs don't spend to the cap then it can't be.

Is it not weird how spread out the NRL premierships are and how condensed they are in Super League?

Thanks, I aren't sure how the cap works. 

Why is there a difference between the NRL and Super league? 

Is it better if more different teams win, or is a side winning 4 in a row more interesting as it is historic? 

Do Leigh have parachute payments as teams do in football?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave T said:

TV deal increased, gates were up. I don't personally believe those were specifically because of licensing tbh, and measuring the success becomes difficult. Particularly when we abandon things before success may be seen. 

In the 5 years prior to licensing gates averaged 9,341. During licensing they dropped to 8,942. 

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

It is wrong to state that Licensing failed because it was scrapped. By that measure, P&R also failed as we scrapped that too. 

Licensing was scrapped in favour of bringing back P&R, now a few short years later we are going to do the reverse, again.

London should have proportionally larger funding and consideration always 

It's more expensive down here and is surely the most strategically important expansion area....Broncos isnt just the London RL club it is 'the South's' RL club ....effectively what 30 million people?

Just saying 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Will be intresting to see if the NRL lovers on here complain about a possible closed shop....

It will be interesting to see if there is a thread you haven’t brought up the NRL

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's more expensive down here and is surely the most strategically important expansion area....Broncos isnt just the London RL club it is 'the South's' RL club ....effectively what 30 million people?

Just saying 

I've always thought this too but I doubt it will gain much traction on here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Licensing was scrapped in favour of bringing back P&R, now a few short years later we are going to do the reverse, again.

I'm not sure what point you are making. If you are suggesting reversing decisions is a bad thing, I'd be interesting in reading your posts from when P&R was brought back. 

21 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just saying 

The steady decline of the Broncos even while in SL the first time despite equal funding, the poor running of the club and failings of fan engagement over many years as bemoaned by their own dwindling supporter base, means that most people have no confidence that the Broncos would do anything meaningful or beneficial with any additional funding were they to be given it. The Broncos current state means that far too many clubs sit above them in terms of suitability for a top flight place. As it stands they cannot be realistically considered for elevation to the top tier no matter how strategic a market their location is as they are not well placed to tap into that market. It is tough enough for RL to crack London, a very poorly run club has even less hope.

Like many I hope that we can see a successful club in or around the capital develop that can hold its own at the top level. I just doubt that on current evidence that the Broncos will ever be that club.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Damien said:

I've always thought this too but I doubt it will gain much traction on here.

Nothing beats a live game to get people properly hooked. Plenty of southern people get interested in our game via TV ..... They need a London based club to cement them in.....

I've converted enough people myself down here to know that

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

The steady decline of the Broncos even while in SL the first time despite equal funding, the poor running of the club and failings of fan engagement over many years as bemoaned by their own dwindling supporter base, means that most people have no confidence that the Broncos would do anything meaningful or beneficial with any additional funding were they to be given it. The Broncos current state means that far too many clubs sit above them in terms of suitability for a top flight place. As it stands they cannot be realistically considered for elevation to the top tier no matter how strategic a market their location is as they are not well placed to tap into that market. It is tough enough for RL to crack London, a very poorly run club has even less hope.

Like many I hope that we can see a successful club in or around the capital develop that can hold its own at the top level. I just doubt that on current evidence that the Broncos will ever be that club.

Yes there has been plenty of mistakes 

I'm a reluctant convert to the Plough Lane move now though and I'd we can stay there who knows 

I really think a period of Champ success will get things going again....even the end of this season has felt more positive. We need some decent signings for next year though ... Hoping some of Leigh's releases come our way 

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

How will it expand the income ? , that's what IMG are interested in , nothing else 

Tolouse in SL would bring in a French expansion so new money. Poss a TV deal as well.

London would get us a Southern base and on the map so to speak, this would help with sponsors.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yes there has been plenty of mistakes 

I'm a reluctant convert to the Plough Lane move now though and I'd we can stay there who knows 

I really think a period of Champ success will get things going again....even the end of this season has felt more positive. We need some decent signings for next year though ... Hoping some of Leigh's releases come our way 

Hopefully the club has reached its nadir during the first half of this season and can stabilise and build at Plough Lane. The aim should be to do that and as you say build some success in the Championship. Establishing themselves as a leading Championship club while expanding the club infrastructure should be the aim for the next few years.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Tolouse in SL would bring in a French expansion so new money. Poss a TV deal as well.

London would get us a Southern base and on the map so to speak, this would help with sponsors.

Meanwhile, in the real world. It's been 15 years since Catalan entered the competition and we are still waiting for significant TV revenue from that territory.  TOXIII's inclusion this year has yielded exactly zero extra income. 

London have got a hell of a lot of work to do before we should even consider them for a Cat B license.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Meanwhile, in the real world. It's been 15 years since Catalan entered the competition and we are still waiting for significant TV revenue from that territory.  TOXIII's inclusion this year has yielded exactly zero extra income. 

London have got a hell of a lot of work to do before we should even consider them for a Cat B license.

One team in the poorest part of the country with no regular internationals or tournaments that france take part in because England prefer to beg australia instead of build a proper european international structure. Wow, can´t imagine why noone picked it up. And a french tv deal wont happen if you give them zero gurantees of the clubs they are paying for actually being in the comp. This is what IMG are getting right, we are going to build Toulouse into another catalan but by forcing french players in the match day squad we can build france national team as a package to get something. We are at least going to do it properly now. 

• Like 1

Speaking as a Cumbrian and also realising any aspirations of a Super League club in Cumbria are all but impossible , i think there is a case to be made that some Super League games go on the road to give Rugby League fans who follow their local Team a chance to watch a Super League game on their doorstep , if you take away any real chance of promotion for all but a few ,its not much to ask .Or do we just keep the game in house and let the rest lose interest and go to the wall? 

• Like 3