Ralph's grovelling apology

14 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Indeed.  I used to be 3 peice suit 10 years ago.  I am now in jeans and a geeky Star Trek t-shirt and no-one bats an eyelid.

yeah but thats because you retired 5 years ago... 🧐

• Haha 5

On 06/10/2022 at 09:04, RP London said:

yeah but thats because you retired 5 years ago... 🧐

I may have stopped working (well dramatically slowed down) but I have not told my employer yet.

What's that new phrase, quiet quitting, well I am quiet retiring.  Just still getting paid.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I may have stopped working (well dramatically slowed down) but I have not told my employer yet.

What's that new phrase, quiet quitting, well I am quiet retiring.  Just still getting paid.

Sounds like most of my bloody staff!! 

38 minutes ago, RP London said:

Sounds like most of my bloody staff!! 

You need to motovate them better.  Have you considered that it may be what your wearing that's the problem?

• Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You need to motovate them better.  Have you considered that it may be what your wearing that's the problem?

I wear speedos and a vest... can't see how that is an issue!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Chris22 said:

If I was a player suspended for discrimatory language, I'd want to know why I was banned, yet the CEO of the RFL should be 'educated'.

Like how the Bulls got away with holding a Pride Day and selling a special kit for bad behaviour of fans.

• Like 1

The joke was stupid and not needed. It has cast a shadow on the lead up to the world cup but not on the competition itself, it will sink or swim on it's own merit. It's funny how the top brass have apparently acted, seems to show a distinction between the people who play the game v the people who run it as a player who acted in that manner would be dealt with swiftly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

He's to be re-educated, according to the BBC Report 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/63180187

Just lucky, I guess, that he didn't mention cannibalism.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/crime-and-justice-fiji

It does make me smile when every time education around diversity and inclusion is mentioned, you describe it as 're-education'.

Re-education does have more sinister 1984ish tone to it doesn't it.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It does make me smile when every time education around diversity and inclusion is mentioned, you describe it as 're-education'.

John knows what he's doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It would add weight to your reputation on here if you were to count and list the times I've described education around diversity as 're-education'.

6 minutes ago, JohnM said:

It would add weight to your reputation on here if you were to count and list the times I've described education around diversity as 're-education'.

Would it? That would be fantastic. 

I'll get right on it.

• Haha 1