Sun 2nd Oct: ChGF: Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 6.30pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/22 at 18:00

I always enjoyed our trips to Batley. Smashing club and a brilliant set of fans......but I cant see them winning. Leigh by 10 at least. Good luck to both teams

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Good old RL fan mentality, discount events😂Prices have gone up which they should have but tickets selling well with 5000 or so already gone plus 19 boxes plus 200 diners in premier.

At least Batley will make on the split this time and won’t face the shock of 1500 freebies in the gate🥃

Leigh win, good fight from Batley 6700+ crowd

I don't know what to make of that sweaty, because after all, its a great opportunity to fill the East Stand which will no doubt be largly empty. For the average Leigh or Batley fan, 22 or 25 quid is worth every penny.

I would have definitely offered an incentive for Super League season ticket holders to attend for a discount. If it adds 3k to the gate and some 20k each into Batley and Leigh coffers, who can argue ?

If the attendance is 7k, then that will exceed the MPG against Catalans in 2017. It would be a phenomenal effort.

I echo the thoughts of many on here wishing Batley all the luck.

Sadly i feel they had their cup final last week just as York did against Fax the week before.  So its a comprehrnsive Leigh win for me. 

Leighs pack is a completely different animal to the dads army lot at Fev thats ready for the scrap yard.  Leigh will be way too strong down the middle. I expect them to win by 40+

7 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

I don't know what to make of that sweaty, because after all, its a great opportunity to fill the East Stand which will no doubt be largly empty. For the average Leigh or Batley fan, 22 or 25 quid is worth every penny.

I would have definitely offered an incentive for Super League season ticket holders to attend for a discount. If it adds 3k to the gate and some 20k each into Batley and Leigh coffers, who can argue ?

If the attendance is 7k, then that will exceed the MPG against Catalans in 2017. It would be a phenomenal effort.

You will ###### off some of your customers by favouring those who will never be, and btw the North sold out yesterday not has a few left

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz look alike who goes by the name Chris Kendall is reffing this game. 

Why do the worst refs get the top appointments?

Going by your posts,it doesn’t really matter who’s the ref.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Going by your posts,it doesn’t really matter who’s the ref.

Aye that's true Dav I couldn't be more confident of victory, but I think that Mr Kendall is just so pedantic they way he refs a game it is a stop start affair and  especially when on TV it is though he wants to be the centre of attention,  just my opinion of course.

17 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Aye that's true Dav I couldn't be more confident of victory, but I think that Mr Kendall is just so pedantic they way he refs a game it is a stop start affair and  especially when on TV it is though he wants to be the centre of attention,  just my opinion of course.

Will you be lumping on H? You can get 1/150 off levels with Skybet 😳 Or you could look at the -40 handicap.

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you reckon he might have been chosen for that very reason? To ensure it is a pedantic, stop start affair, so that the score might be kept down and not a blow out for the cameras?

Edited by DOGFATHER

18 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Will you be lumping on H? You can get 1/150 off levels with Skybet 😳 Or you could look at the -40 handicap.

Wow, 1/150 on, Tyson Fury would struggle to get that fighting Mother Theresa! 

I don't bet, never been in a bookies in my life to place a bet, albeit as an apprentice I used to go for the guy's I worked with, that was enough to put me off.

Incidentally what is the odds for the -40.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wow, 1/150 on, Tyson Fury would struggle to get that fighting Mother Theresa! 

I don't bet, never been in a bookies in my life to place a bet, albeit as an apprentice I used to go for the guy's I worked with, that was enough to put me off.

Incidentally what is the odds for the -40.

10/11 for either side -40.

Although Leigh are 1/150, Batley are only 12/1.

I am not sure about the 40 start.

I saw the Leigh v York game last night on tv. It wasn't really competitive and I got the impression Leigh had a lot more gears.

However I think Batley will be more aggressive and tackle better than York were able to. 

8 minutes ago, Niels said:

10/11 for either side -40.

Although Leigh are 1/150, Batley are only 12/1.

I am not sure about the 40 start.

I saw the Leigh v York game last night on tv. It wasn't really competitive and I got the impression Leigh had a lot more gears.

However I think Batley will be more aggressive and tackle better than York were able to. 

Leigh have rarely got out of third gear the majority of the year, maybe save for the recent games against Fev and the second half of the 100 point game against York. Last 20 mins of the semi final we subbed our starting second rows and loose forward to rest them for the final

• Like 1

Would go with just one change from the semi vs York. Same starting 13, but scrap the back on the bench and go with Ipape and 3 big forwards to take on a very decent Batley pack. 

1. Aekins

2. Inu

3. McDonald

4. Chamberlain

5. Ferguson

6. Lam

7. Mellor

8. Sidlow

9. Smith

10. Amone 

11. Wardle

12. Stone