Sun 2nd Oct: ChGF: Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 6.30pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/22 at 18:00

24 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

This is a great crowd for on effect a division 2 match, albeit a final. 

It shows that small towns do attract spectators given the correct format. 

Which stand are the Batley supporters in? Is it the left behind the post?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Niels said:

This is a great crowd for on effect a division 2 match, albeit a final. 

It shows that small towns do attract spectators given the correct format. 

Which stand are the Batley supporters in? Is it the left behind the post?

Yes, it will be the seated South Stand. 

The terraced North stand is Sold out. 

Seats now being sold in the East Stand (where the TV gantry will be) so for all 4 sides to be open is great. 

I'm in the East as it will guarentee me a drink before, during and after the game 👌👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Leigh should win and win by a mile. But the excitement of this game is just that little "what if" thought.

Only takes a silly red card. Batleys second phase killed Fev although I can't see them being that diminant in the collision. 

It is Kendall though. You get a red for picking your nose! 😂 

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Only takes a silly red card. Batleys second phase killed Fev although I can't see them being that diminant in the collision. 

It is Kendall though. You get a red for picking your nose! 😂 

Let's hope a few Leigh players start picking their noses then 😆 🤣 

• Like 1

Leigh will win because they have the best team. Batley will push them all the way because that's what Batley do.

It sounds like this is on its way to a decent crowd although a fair few tickets to sell before they reach the 9200 Toulouse got last year - and remember that's a city where even the taxi drivers have never heard of RL.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

38 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Leigh will win because they have the best team. Batley will push them all the way because that's what Batley do.

It sounds like this is on its way to a decent crowd although a fair few tickets to sell before they reach the 9200 Toulouse got last year - and remember that's a city where even the taxi drivers have never heard of RL.

Emphasis on city.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Good, glad you have got that off your chest.

Still a pretty bad turn out demographically from a population of 1,000,000 wasn't it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thats a great effort from Leigh. I imagine season ticket sales when they go up will be pretty strong and will be above Wakey Salford and Giants.

If they have a semi decent start next season they could get on a role.

I reckon in '17 that from the 6,500 average attendances there was 5,500 home fans, represents 12% of the population not as good as CAS the best supported team by a mile demographically, but one that the owner would be more than happy with if it was acheived next season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LINNERS said:

Emphasis on city.

I agree strongly.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good, glad you have got that off your chest.

Still a pretty bad turn out demographically from a population of 1,000,000 wasn't it?

You're right, plenty of growth potential.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Better not get a taxi to the ground then............."Where do you say you want to go?"

Nowt changes in Toulouse. 

Remember when I went in 2018. I counted 800 and they announced the crowd as 3500. Trees were nice !

Only in France !

Anyway, back on subject, if Leigh can win tomorrow and hit a hardcore of 5.5k to 6k, that would be tremendous. 10% of the Towns population watching their Team is superb. Grow it further then through the Schools and community. 

London and Toulouse are currently Building Wembley type stadiums as I type for the Cat A franchise because percentage of Population is an ‘easy one’ to manipulate as they are huge Cities. 😩

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Better not get a taxi to the ground then............."Where do you say you want to go?"

The only folk I've ever found that had heard of TOXIII were the staff in Pub O'Clock and The Melting Pot, no taxi drivers, no bus drivers, no hotel staff - no one.

Not even a Wire fan I was chatting to in Pub O'Clock that was living there, working for Airbus.

Edited by David Shepherd

7 hours ago, Just Browny said:

You missed the emphasis on SOLD £25 a ticket, we did 11000 when free

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Nowt changes in Toulouse. 

Remember when I went in 2018. I counted 800 and they announced the crowd as 3500. Trees were nice !

Only in France !

Anyway, back on subject, if Leigh can win tomorrow and hit a hardcore of 5.5k to 6k, that would be tremendous. 10% of the Towns population watching their Team is superb. Grow it further then through the Schools and community. 

London and Toulouse are currently Building Wembley type stadiums as I type for the Cat A franchise because percentage of Population is an ‘easy one’ to manipulate as they are huge Cities. 😩

Remember when I went in 2018. I counted 800 and they announced the crowd as 3500.

Did you lose your glasses,  run out of time counting so slowly or did you lose concentration and watch the  game instead? 🙂