Sun 2nd Oct: ChGF: Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 6.30pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/22 at 18:00

Well done to Leigh and well done to all their fair- minded and loyal fans. You've taken a lot of stick, (mainly in jest) but let's hope you can sustain an SL presence.

To the  fans of Leigh on here who don't maybe fit that template,...tough.

👍😀

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Is that what you hope for Chris? perhaps you have not been keeping up to speed with how Leigh have gone about things a little differently this year in approaching the transition to SL from the Championship.

Hope for? No.

how is signing way over the quota of over seas players than allowed in SL decent preparation for SL?

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

What recruitment have Leigh firmed up for next year?

Nothing announced yet until GF was done, hopefully they get season tickets out ASAP and start making the announcements to keep the momentum. Rumoured done deals are Gareth O'Brien, Rob Mulhern, Jack Hughes, Matt Davis, Jacob Gannon and Ricky Leutele if Nene Macdonald goes to Leeds but will be more to announce in terms of retentions and pick ups. By my reckoning, there are at least 19/20 signed up including pretty much all our best imports(main exception is Sam Stone who is rumoured to be off to Melbourne Storm next year).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What do Leigh add to SL?

How many young Leigh players were in that team and squad this evening?

None mate, but we are a town of some 47,000, perhaps we would be full of home grown talent just like Leeds is if we had 520,000?

And why we are at it you can only attract about 13,000 from that number, demographically apart from London you are the worst supported team in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

None mate, but we are a town of some 47,000, perhaps we would be full of home grown talent just like Leeds is if we had 520,000?

And why we are at it you can only attract about 13,000 from that number, demographically apart from London you are the worst supported team in the country.

So what do Leigh add to SL if they have no homegrown players and not much of a fan base to draw upon?

how many over seas quota players were in your starting 13 tonight?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So what do Leigh add to SL if they have no homegrown players and not much of a fan base to draw upon?

1. Plenty leigh born players in SL, just that they tend to go to clubs that aren't restricted against having a cat 1 academy.

2. More than we'll be allowed in SL, but Chester and Lam have been recruiting for a SL squad for 2023, that meets the quota rules, since May.

3. Have a day off

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Have you got a problem with Leigh it comes over loud and clear that you have, I couldn't give a flying feck what your opinion is, lets just wait until next season to see if your seemingly wish comes true and Leigh are vanquished from the top flight forever, they will obviously have to play to the rules just have they have this season on o'seas recruits, and still be behind the paywall of SC dispensations of academy players that some clubs enjoy.

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

1. Plenty leigh born players in SL, just that they tend to go to clubs that aren't restricted against having a cat 1 academy.

2. More than we'll be allowed in SL, but Chester and Lam have been recruiting for a SL squad for 2023, that meets the quota rules, since May.

3. Have a day off

He is just another of those born in the manor of a rich club who likes to turn their nose up at anyone who tries to better themselves, keep the b'stards down is useually their motto.

2 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Congratulations Leigh, truly the best championship side I have ever seen, well deserved promotion.

Thanks for a great night and to all the fans wishing us well after the game. 

Best of luck for next season.

I walked along the side that the Batley fans were coming out of and congratulated as many as I could on both their and the teams efforts, I will really miss going to visit Batley next season, one of the iconic Rugby League grounds.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I walked along the side that the Batley fans were coming out of and congratulated as many as I could on both their and the teams efforts, I will really miss going to visit Batley next season, one of the iconic Rugby League grounds.

Ironically, Leigh is about half the distance to Batley from where I live now. I'll be making a few Friday night trips to LSV next season to cheer you on. I'll be the one in the dog's shirt 😉.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This whole "what do xxx bring to Super League" is tiresome.

Leigh were the best team in the Championship and deserve their place in Super League.

Earned through on field success and not pen pushers with arbitrary and subjective checklist.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If I was a Leigh fan I'd be made up with how we've pi££ed off so many people tonight. Love all this "what do they bring to Superleague" rubbish. Jesus, they'll bring as much or little as half the current inhabitants. Well done Leythers, enjoy tonight.

• Like 11

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well go on on then @Davo5why the laughing emoji?

Just now, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

If I was a Leigh fan I'd be made up with how we've pi££ed off so many people tonight. Love all this "what do they bring to Superleague" rubbish. Jesus, they'll bring as much or little as half the current inhabitants. Well done Leythers, enjoy tonight.

The irony is; they have earned the right to be there. They have a ground fit for purpose and haven’t blagged the 1995 Framing the Future thing unlike a couple of clubs in there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Thanks Jill, but you know as being Widnes fans when you are not the flavour of the month nothing will change those mindsets, when you look at the posters who make these statements it is not the ones who's clubs could be threatened by the newbies it is the fans of all SL 10 bob millionaire clubs supporter's who do all the moaning.

8 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yeah if you are grading Leigh its an academy and well thats it. Stadium actually looks good with 6-7 k in it and sky or Channel 4 know that game vs Wigan and Saints will be nigh on sell outs looking great on telly. 

Its just they are capped at 6-7k when what the sport needs is another club who can average over 8k in a decent sized market and spend the cap. 

I am looking forward to watching how Leigh go next year and applying pressure to that bottom half. 

Wrong Salop, Saints were by far the best away support with about  2.5K at the LSV in '17 (covid hit '21 doesn't count) Wigan struggled to bring a thousand as did our other near neighbour Warrington, the thing is we beat all three of those teams that season.

• Like 3