Sun 2nd Oct: ChGF: Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs KO 6.30pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more
    • Leigh Centurions by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 1 to 6 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 7 to 12 points
    • Batley Bulldogs by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/22 at 18:00

9 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Think he was looking at CC, SL leaders or GF. Lam/Chester are instrumental to the future, Lam signing a further 2 years is a big statement. Keep an eye out for who we sign and lets see what things look like after the WC, our biggest strength is the spirit and culture in the club - its never been better

Having a good spirit and culture is a difficult to get right and if Leigh have that then it bodes well for next year. I think its one of the things they lacked on previous forays into SL with too many old mercenaries just interested in the money.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

Having a good spirit and culture is a difficult to get right and if Leigh have that then it bodes well for next year. I think its one of the things they lacked on previous forays into SL with too many old mercenaries just interested in the money.

Head, Nail, Hammer Damien,

That is exactly what I have been critical of some player's Leigh have signed in the past.

10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Mr Beaumont has a habit of making outlandish statements so you’ll forgive me if I take that with a pinch of salt. They may not even gain a place under IMGs new plans 

If you have 33 mins to spare DD have a listen to this 

But please do not start with any preconceptions, have a blank piece of paper in your mind you will see the relevance of that if you listen, and at the end he does outline his ambitions for the club.

What has gone wrong with all the posters on this message board?

Are you all OK?

No outrage, no vicious criticism?  Mr Kendall was the referee on Sunday and I haven't seen the usual series of complaints and allegations about his refereeing. Not a single one.

Have to concede that he is not my favourite referee BUT.....

On Sunday he let the game flow, didn't try to become the main attraction himself, didn't keep interfering by awarding pedantic or questionable penalties and I'm sure Leigh benefitted from this by being able to play quick, high intensity rugby and keep the pressure on Batley. He also refrained from using my unfavourite rule of 'six again' a call which in the hands of a poor ref can easily influence the result of a game unfairly. It only needs a couple of six agains on the fourth or fifth tackle and almost inevitably a try will result.  By not calling out six agains he helped Batley stay in the game against a fit full time team who would surely have loved to reduce stoppages/handovers to a minimum and made the game a much better spectacle.

I thought the referee had a really good game. Well done Mr Kendall!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Are you all OK?

No outrage, no vicious criticism?  Mr Kendall was the referee on Sunday and I haven't seen the usual series of complaints and allegations about his refereeing. Not a single one.

On Sunday he let the game flow, didn't try to become the main attraction himself, didn't keep interfering by awarding pedantic or questionable penalties and I'm sure Leigh benefitted from this by being able to play quick, high intensity rugby and keep the pressure on Batley. He also refrained from using my unfavourite rule of 'six again' a call which in the hands of a poor ref can easily influence the result of a game unfairly. It only needs a couple of six agains on the fourth or fifth tackle and almost inevitably a try will result.  By not calling out six agains he helped Batley stay in the game against a fit full time team who would surely have loved to reduce stoppages/handovers to a minimum and made the game a much better spectacle.

Best game I've seen him have. Only complaint was Campbell's head injury, which he decided to completely ignore and play on from. Even though he was injured and interfering with play, and the game should have stopped.

He then told Ward and Gilmore off, for raising concerns about Campbells welfare, as he had a head injury. He banged on about the process for head injuries, and how did they know it was a head injury, the doctor didn't say so? (Everyone else saw he'd taken a knock to the head, except Kendall apparently). He was right they were wrong...

A couple of tackles later, Campbell went off for an HIA which he failed and didn't return.

Other than that, he was decent. 🙂

Edited by DOGFATHER

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

A bit like Leeds until they find that coach that can gel them into a unit? Leigh have got that coach!

I think you’d be better waiting until Leigh have played several rounds of Superleague before making such sweeping statements H.

10 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Are you all OK?

Not had a problem with the refereeing this season but Kendall was trigger happy on Sunday. Rightly or wrongly it made the game staccato. He was sharp on offsides and no back chatting (not a bad thing) the play the balls were incredibly slow and he allowed players to plop and turtle to their hearts content. This is backed up by the fact that Ipape never ran from acting half.

12 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Using your own analogy, no you wouldn’t but I cant see a high end nightclub paying you to come into the VIP area and promote the product if someone else will.

I,E if you cant grow and spend close to the cap or grow crowds or have an academy despite years of relative success than what good are you to the SL product ?

Another one clueless about the academy situation. Do your research fella before you spout the usual.

Salford will be just fine thanks unlike your basket case of a club.👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I think you’d be better waiting until Leigh have played several rounds of Superleague before making such sweeping statements H.

Whether he can keep us up remains to be seen, but I think it’s fair to say that we have a far better coach now than we did in 2005, 2017 and 2021.

Lam and Chester keeping the owner at more of an arms length from playing matters will hopefully give us a better chance next season than we’d previously had. 

34 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

You run a developement scheme in wales but that isnt a full time academy at the elite level and nor do you fund one.

The second anyone brings up Bradford when they arent even relevant to the conversation means that you have nothing meaningful to add. 

We applied for an elite academy license and were turned down (along with other clubs). But then I'm sure you know that. (and yes I'm aware that Koukash previously scrapped our academy)

It's tiresome having to explain this over & over again to people.😴😴😴