Elite 1 Round 1

7 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Is there a team sheet?

Looks sunny there   

I haven't seen it. Just checked Twitter and nothings been posted. Jeez, how hard is it to post the team sheet on social media. I don't even know any of the new Catalan players

• Like 1

• Gomersall changed the title to Elite 1 Round 1

Teams posted on both Lézignan and Catalan Facebook page, same for Carcassonne and Avignon, just left the Irish pub in Carcassonne after an after match drink and a decent band playing at the ground straight after the game, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Not sure how St Esteve plan on winning anything with a pack full of 80kgs players.

Firepower clearly lacking in the middle.

Thought the same tbh. Looks like Catalans won’t have any decent forwards coming through for a while. On the other hand Toulouse have some decent forwards in the u19/ elite team 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Daddy said:

No teamsheet posted on either Lezignan's or the Dragons social media, that's just ###### poor

In my experience of visiting Les Dracs' website, they are very good at putting team information on there, as ever bilingually.  Here is what they posted in French before yesterday's game:

Eamon O'Carroll, l’entraîneur de Saint-Estève XIII Catalan, vient de dévoiler son groupe pour la première journée du Championnat de France d'Elite 1 sur la pelouse de Lézignan ce samedi 1er octobre, coup d’envoi à 18h au Stade du Moulin.

Le groupe

Yacine Ben Abdeslem
Tom Bonillo
Loan Castano
Lenny Chachoua 
Nicolas Chalmey
Enzo Colchero
Enzo Delbe
Romain Humbert
Maxime Jobe
Julien Laporte
Léo Laurent
Léo Llong
Mike Parenti
Corentin Rey
Lucas Ribas
Adrien Salies
Ryan Tadjeur
Tanguy Zenon 

And this about the U-19s.  Incidentally both items were put on their website on Friday:

Justin Murphy, l'entraineur des U19 de St Estève XIII Catalan, vient de dévoiler son groupe pour la première journée du Championnat de France U19 sur la pelouse de Lézignan ce samedi 1er octobre en lever de rideau de l'équipe réserve, coup d’envoi à 16h au Stade du Moulin.

Le groupe

Guillermo Aispuro
Maxence Barbet
Kylian Benavent
Lakhdar Benhamimed
Mattéo Damion-Josse
Clément De Maury
Samy Devoyon
Thomas Dimon
Timothé Fernandez
Valentin Fernandez
Louis Foures
Matéo Jimenez-Lopez
Guillem Jorda
Sacha Laidouni
Audric Le Cam
Gabriel Martinez
Mickael Pereira
Lucas Tignol
David-Paul Torroella

If I have a small criticism it would be that the players appear to have been listed alphabetically.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Thought the same tbh. Looks like Catalans won’t have any decent forwards coming through for a while. On the other hand Toulouse have some decent forwards in the u19/ elite team 

Which Toulouse U19 forwards are you rating? I know they have Paul Sangare and Dmitri Biscarro in the Elite team who have potential. Sangare is huge and Biscarro quick and explosive

3 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Not sure how St Esteve plan on winning anything with a pack full of 80kgs players.

Firepower clearly lacking in the middle.

Yep, that team looked very young and small. Doesn't help when one of the players gets sent off in the second minute

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Which Toulouse U19 forwards are you rating? I know they have Paul Sangare and Dmitri Biscarro in the Elite team who have potential. Sangare is huge and Biscarro quick and explosive

Biscarro is a solid 110kgs also.