Elite 1 Round 1

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Yep, that team looked very young and small. Doesn't help when one of the players gets sent off in the second minute

They have a few who played u19s last year not sure of there names but the lock and the props looked good 

Three quarters of the team played under 19s last season, it's going to be a long year for them, maybe one or two players they had in France b will make a bit of a difference but I can't see Cesar rougé and tiaki Chan playing many games for them if they're not in the full time Catalan squad 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Three quarters of the team played under 19s last season, it's going to be a long year for them, maybe one or two players they had in France b will make a bit of a difference but I can't see Cesar rougé and tiaki Chan playing many games for them if they're not in the full time Catalan squad 

And their team went undefeated the last season in U19 so theyre like the best we currently could have.

There's a big jump from u19s to elite 1, there's some tough physical players in elite, they've lost the best young  stand off they have for a few months too against Lézignan Julian Laporte, he's still only second year u 19, he was at Carcassonne last year and played one first team game, well protected by Mila Simon, Bastien Canet and  Bastien escamilla plus Clem Boyer, this year he's been thrown in at the deep end in a very young team, 

Cracker of game at Limoux yesterday. Pia after ten years away will show - I think they can cut it. St Gaudens  also seemed to do well at Albi of an opener. Dragons reservers played with 12 players from the first minute. Came back in late on - liked the lad from Albi though Bonillo with a powering run down the middle. Early days obviously - but hope in the Elite 1

Saturday France 'B' played with a group with just 70 Super League games on while the Knights could call on 700.

• Like 5

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Real coup for Pia with Benjamin Jullien 87 games with the Dragons - seventeem this year too -still in his twenties and good for the competion

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

2 hours ago, dunno much said:

19sIt looks like Joseph Paulo could be joining him too.

Yes it's getting better slowly. Pia came up after winning all games last year. From up in Provence Carpentras U19s put forty past Carcassonne Saturday - their U17s were  champions last year. Hopefully their seniors could return in the near future and getting back in Elite 1

• Like 4

On 03/10/2022 at 17:39, barnyia said:

He's building a house in Pia, great for elite 1, not good for him! I'm sure he'll be getting a hand to build the house by friendly builders from the Pia area 😁

Nobody told him... Worst place to build in the area.

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

What’s wrong with Pia?

Mayor is subpar. Gypsies everywhere. The town has an habit of concentrating the worst with the ugly.

It does not benefit from the Perpignan infrastructure as the old mayor chose to vinculate the city to another "communauté de communes" and the city is now linked to other small towns most of them in the neighbouring region of Aude. 

Its a nonstop story of bat s h i t insane political decisions that were made and continue to be as of today.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Mayor is subpar. Gypsies everywhere. The town has an habit of concentrating the worst with the ugly.

It does not benefit from the Perpignan infrastructure as the old mayor chose to vinculate the city to another "communauté de communes" and the city is now linked to other small towns most of them in the neighbouring region of Aude. 

Its a nonstop story of bat s h i t insane political decisions that were made and continue to be as of today.

What happened to the old Marie Guy 🙂 remember him employing 3/4 Aussies players on the council as roadsweepers LOL:) I remember one Aussie telling me he was on 4000 euros a month but hadn't actually swept any roads yet:)

Paul

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

What happened to the old Marie Guy 🙂 remember him employing 3/4 Aussies players on the council as roadsweepers LOL:) I remember one Aussie telling me he was on 4000 euros a month but hadn't actually swept any roads yet:)

Paul

Voted out because the roads weren't clean? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For now the president is talking a lot but no one has heard or seen anything concrete.
I understand that the World Cup project is important but there is a lack of communication with the clubs.

Regarding Pia, we must not forget that politically despite its proximity to Perpignan, this city is not part of the Perpignan agglomeration. At the time, they were thus able to take advantage of specific funding from the inter-municipality which has many activity areas on its territory. I think we should be delighted with Pia's return to Elite. This team will always have more resources than Baho or Palau to allow players like Jullien to continue playing rugby league in Elite1.

Regarding the crowds, I think there were good crowds in Limoux and Lezignan, in Carcassonne it seemed meager and difficult to get an idea in Albi but they are on a good dynamic. An average of 1000 spectators seems correct to me for this first day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

16 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Paul

He died 4 years ago.

I heard some stories very like yours.

7 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

He died 4 years ago.

I heard some stories very like yours.

Sad to hear that, i remember standing with him at Pia around 2005 ish when he announced that all he cared about was RL and if the good voters of Pia didn't like it then hard luck vote me out in the next election:)

Paul

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1