2022 RLWC Fev Watch

marklaspalmas

A total of FIVE players from our 2022 squad, and THIRTEEN former players spread across the 16 nations:

ENGLAND: Ex-player Mikolaj Oledzki

SCOTLAND: Ben Hellwell. Ex-players Dale Ferguson & Alex Walker. Coach Nathan Graham

WALES: Dan Fleming. Ex-player Gavin Bennison

IRELAND: Ben Mathiou. Ex-player Frankie Halton.

FRANCE: Gadwin Springer. Ex-player Louis Jouffret. Assistant coach Sean Long & Ryan Carr

JAMAICA: Ex-player Ashton Golding

AUSTRALIA: None

NEW ZEALAND: None

SAMOA: Ex-player Fa'amanu Brown

FIJI: None- Assistant coach Brian McDermott.

TONGA: None

PNG: Ex-players Wellington Albert, Watson Boas

COOK ISLANDS: Johnathan Ford, ex-player Makahesi Makatoa

LEBANON: None

ITALY: Ex-players Alec Susino & Dean Parata

GREECE: None

Edited by marklaspalmas
Updated
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Five Featherstone Rovers players at the World Cup in total.

On your Cook Islands squad I think you've missed ex-Fev man Makahesi Makatoa, now of Parramatta.

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

On 29/09/2022 at 22:59, marklaspalmas said:

From the squads named so far:

ENGLAND: Ex-player Mikolaj Oledzki

SCOTLAND: Ben Hellwell. Ex-players Dale Ferguson & Alex Walker, plus Coach Nathan Graham

WALES: Dan Fleming

IRELAND: Ben Mathiou. Ex-player Frankie Halton.

FRANCE: Gadwin Springer. Ex-player Louis Jouffret.

JAMAICA: Ex-player Ashton Golding

AUSTRALIA: None

NEW ZEALAND: None

SAMOA: Ex-player Fa'amanu Brown

FIJI: None

TONGA: None

PNG: Ex-players Wellington Albert, Watson Boas

COOK ISLANDS: Johnathan Ford, ex-player Makahesi Makatoa

LEBANON: None

ITALY: Ex-players Alec Susino & Dean Parata

GREECE: None

Thanks, Mark! I was about to do the same trawl and you've saved me a load of time!

1 hour ago, roversspud said:

On your Cook Islands squad I think you've missed ex-Fev man Makahesi Makatoa, now of Parramatta.

I was gutted for him missing out on the NRL grand final team, when he's been on the bench for much of the season.  He was named as 'Reserve', so I think 18th/19th man.  Not bad bearing in mind he was playing in the Championship a couple of years back.

47 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I was gutted for him missing out on the NRL grand final team, when he's been on the bench for much of the season.  He was named as 'Reserve', so I think 18th/19th man.  Not bad bearing in mind he was playing in the Championship a couple of years back.

Yes, it's amzing what a spell at Fev did for him and Nu Brown. Kingy too, but for a cruel injury.

Might be a chance for the club to potentially scout some players for next season.

Looking forward to the comp, the usual suspects strong, but now you've got the likes of Samoa and Tonga, who have some quality NRL class players.

Edited by Monkeymagic22

I wonder how many of the 5 will be with us next year. 

Ford and Springer yes, I know Fleming is contracted however he did feel like a signing in case we were desperately short of props rather than because we expected him to make much of a contribution. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 04/10/2022 at 13:37, Tubby said:

Wish. We'd had him this season 

• Like 1