2022 RLWC Fev Watch

marklaspalmas

48 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Totally outclassed Scotland but the Aussie bully boys didn't push Ferguson back like they did some of the smaller players.I thought he put in a reasonably good performance when on the field.

Yes, well done Fergie but you could see unlike most of his mates he'd been there and done all that before playing against really good players, so he knew how to stand up against teams trying to bully him

47 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

All the folk around us thought me and my lads were potty with our celebrations when Nu scored.

I got a few funny looks too when he was making his way back after the try and I was shouting Nu Nu Nu Nu 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

His lack of leadership and effort.

How do you measure that?
I only watched the first 50 minutes or so, the Cook Islands were shocking but he wasn't one of the ones who stood out as missing lots of tackles, whereas there were several CI players with extensive SL and NRL experience who I would have singled out before Ford, who has a grand total of 3 NRL games played over 10 years ago.

Cook's skillset revolves around drawing in opposing defenses and creating gaps with ball in hand, and there was never going to be much chance he could show his best form in a mismatch like that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Been keeping and eye on Fleming  when on the field for Wales.I think he did OK always putting himself about and looking for work.Just needs a bit of  channelled  aggression..

He did ok S but didn't get my juices flowing didn't see anything that made me think quick get him in the team in front of X Y and Z

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A quick check here

https://www.rlwc2021.com/report/28

showed Fleming played 23 minutes, made 13 tackles and missed 6.

Thats what i meant with putting the effort in he was in the right position to make or attempt to make tackles.Not hiding on the blind side.Kear took him off when PNG scored from close range ,he was one of the three tacklers who should have done better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 16:21, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nu Brown set to play for Samoa against England after Danny Levi wasn't named in their squad.

Good to see Nu start the game for Samoa just a shame he had to go off - gutted with the result but always had lots of time for Brown and that try in the 1895 final off the Davies break will live on in my memory for years 

• Like 3