Will England vs Fiji be on TV or OurLeague?

Nothing confirmed yet. If it's not on TV it's pretty disappointing because it would have been great to build awareness for the World Cup. If we could get C4 to show it it would be a great move and the publicity generated for the World Cup would be far more valuable than any meagre takings on OurLeague (presumably).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nothing confirmed yet. If it's not on TV it's pretty disappointing because it would have been great to build awareness for the World Cup. If we could get C4 to show it it would be a great move and the publicity generated for the World Cup would be far more valuable than any meagre takings on OurLeague (presumably).

If it's not on mainstream then give it to the Sportsman rather than having it on OurLeague. At least that way it gets a YouTube audience.

• Like 12

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The Beeb have already committed to showing all the RWC games, so broadcasting a warm-up match on top of that might be asking a bit much. 

But we do have other options these days.

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

not sure you can just "give it" to a broadcaster the week before- surely cameramen - technicians - and many more need to be alerted they are needed to "work" on that date and logistics need to be in place

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

not sure you can just "give it" to a broadcaster the week before- surely cameramen - technicians - and many more need to be alerted they are needed to "work" on that date and logistics need to be in place

But the game has been in the calendar for longer than a week.

If i could be bothered, i'd ask someone on Twitter etc

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If Sky don't have any WC coverage maybe they'd take the warm up at least?

I'm not sure Sky are keen on boosting awareness of an event broadcast by another company.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 30/09/2022 at 20:48, RigbyLuger said:

It's amazing how often we hide stuff on the app, rather than use YouTube, and I'm not sure why.

The last time I attempted to watch a game on OurLeague - having been directed by the RFL twitter about a game heading to a close finish - the advert *for* OurLeague spent so long playing that the game was over by the time I could actually watch it.

We don't (yet) have enough content on there for a subscription model so I don't understand why we don't just put games on YouTube.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Would it make for good TV, friendlies are not useually that good to watch, each coach will want to utilise his whole squad giving everyone a run out, trying different combinations, player's running on and off the field all the time it will look like American Football.

UNLESS, it is played by the proper rules with the maximum number of interchanges allowed.

7 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I can't even remember the last time I went on OurLeague let alone watched a game on there. I think it's still installed on my tablet but I'd have to go searching for it. 

2021 season behind closed doors when we didn’t have a choice

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

2021 season behind closed doors when we didn’t have a choice

I probably watched 5 minutes of something then. I seem to remember watching 5 of 10 minutes of a game at Lock Lane or involving Lock Lane or something to do with Lock Lane not too long back but can't recall what it was. I think the main reason I don't watch stuff on there is because it isn't advertised widely and I simply forget. Its what people are saying isn't it, its a really hidden away platform to the point where even the most passionate of us fans forget about it. I'll say Lock Lane again. Lock Lane. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I probably watched 5 minutes of something then. I seem to remember watching 5 of 10 minutes of a game at Lock Lane or involving Lock Lane or something to do with Lock Lane not too long back but can't recall what it was. I think the main reason I don't watch stuff on there is because it isn't advertised widely and I simply forget. Its what people are saying isn't it, its a really hidden away platform to the point where even the most passionate of us fans forget about it. I'll say Lock Lane again. Lock Lane. 

Even when I went onto the our league site I struggled to find the live games, that was a year ago or so maybe it's changed, it's like they're even trying to hide the game from fans wanting to watch 😁

• Like 1