Will England vs Fiji be on TV or OurLeague?

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes the camera is too low, but doesn't the AJ Bell look so much better from this side?

I’m sure a TV gantry on top of that stand would be a much more appropriate height - something to think about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I’m sure a TV gantry on top of that stand would be a much more appropriate height - something to think about?

If the SRD backed buyout of the ground goes ahead it is the only thing I would invest in.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I can't cast it from my phone, I've logged into OuRLeague through my TV, full screen removes the video images but keeps the sound going. 

So I'm watching a third of a screen...

Yep, same here. Full screen produces only a pitch black screen, no images. 

Just now, Pigeon Lofter said:

Yep, same here. Full screen produces only a pitch black screen, no images. 

Okay, what operating system, what browser, what average connection speed? Maybe someone can help, because otherwise you'll have to catch the highlight, because Dom Young is worth watching.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Okay, what operating system, what browser, what average connection speed? Maybe someone can help, because otherwise you'll have to catch the highlight, because Dom Young is worth watching.

I'm on an LG OLED. The connection itself is fine, it just seems to not like showing pictures at full screen

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I'm on an LG OLED. The connection itself is fine, it just seems to not like showing pictures at full screen

The TV's own browser, then? Anyone got experience of LGs? Can you install an alternative browser via the app store?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Watching on a MacBook Pro, using Safari.

Picture is ok until I try and enlarge it to full-screen, at which point it turns jet black but the audio is fine. 

Weird. I haven't used an Apple product since the old B&W screen Powerbook, so I can't help, but maybe someone else can.

I'm watching with the Silk browser that comes with Amazon Fire TV products, and the only drag is that I can't get rid of the page header in full-screen mode. My Toshiba Smart TV has a built-in browser, but that's best avoided.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, corvusxiii said:

Samsung Tab A casts to all TVs in the house when using YouTube. 

Would only cast to an Android TV and that took 25 mins. (fleeting message said-Casting by ChromeCast.) Was fine when it had settled down.

There are so many variables in everyone's setups that casting can't be guaranteed to work.

A common standard would be welcome, just like those universal charger plugs that we have avoided having thanks to Brexit (except we're getting them anyway, whatever Rees-Mogg says).

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There are so many variables in everyone's setups that casting can't be guaranteed to work.

A common standard would be welcome, just like those universal charger plugs that we have avoided having thanks to Brexit (except we're getting them anyway, whatever Rees-Mogg says).

I'm assuming that the ChromeCast thing is a software thing on the Android TV rather than a 'stick' as there isn't one and aren't Android-Google-Chrome-whatever tied into each other? Or something.

Yes, some sort of standard would be good as I'm largely clueless and we could then reject it and proclaim summat about sobriety and WW2.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

How are you posting here?

If it's on your phone and you want to cast from your phone, chances are I can't help. Well, I possibly could but only if it's an Android one and it might take hours. And I'd have to Google stuff. And I'm way too lazy for that.

Anything Mac: chances of me having a clue are next to zero.

But Windows laptop? Buy a HDMI lead (providing your TV has a spare HDMI port), then PM me. (Actual PC? Just watch it on the PC.)

But not right before (or even on the day of) the game.  And I may be able to help. (Your chances of help increase if you've said nice things about London Broncos previously.)

That's the way I always watch Rugby League on "TV" now.  Even Sky stuff which I watch on Sky Go, on a laptop connected to the "bedroom" TV. (My partner's enthusiasm for our sport evaporated when Henry Fa'afili went to Rugby Union***.)

***That's completely wrong and unjustified. Sorry love, apologies if you ever read this: it's when Kevin Sinfield stopped playing.

Edited by Stuff Smith

I look forward to next week, when TRL's 2 or 3 professional Luddites start their "BBC? How do I log in to that then? We're not all new-fangled teenage tech moguls, you know! Television? What's that when it's at home? If I can't watch the World Cup via carrier pigeon, it's a farce, a joke and a disgrace. If it isn't on the Light Programme, I'm not bothering with it." posturing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Rees-Mogg or Apple? I suspect the latter.

30 minutes ago, Stuff Smith said:

Rees-Mogg or Apple? I suspect the latter.

You'd think so, and with some justification, given what we know about Apple's business practices.

But you'd be wrong.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/what-a-plug-rees-mogg-mocked-for-saying-phone-chargers-are-a-brexit-benefit-327284/ 

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

You'd think so, and with some justification, given what we know about Apple's business practices.

But you'd be wrong.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/what-a-plug-rees-mogg-mocked-for-saying-phone-chargers-are-a-brexit-benefit-327284/ 

Oh my, we're getting off-topic here. But that's quite enlightening. 

Obviously, I hate Rees-Mogg; I merely dislike Apple.

• Like 1

Seeing as the other thread has been hijacked by an infantile troll war, I'll post this here instead, for those who experienced technical difficulties yesterday evening.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson