Rumour

DEANO

We'd have to consistently be delivering on the field, and improving crowds off it, before we are serious contenders for a license.

But both are trending in the right direction, so who knows in a few years time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JonT said:

We'd have to consistently be delivering on the field, and improving crowds off it, before we are serious contenders for a license.

But both are trending in the right direction, so who knows in a few years time.

I don’t have a view of whether crowds are improving as they are never published, other than in the end of year publication of the RL yearbook. I guess we’ll have to wait until then to draw a comparison between this year and last. I’m sure I am not the only one that finds this deeply frustrating. If, as you say, crowds are trending in the right direction, surely we’d want to make a song and dance about it. That can have such a positive effect in encouraging more people to attend matches and show fans that we are, indeed, going in the right direction. 

• Like 7

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

9 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Cant argue with that.

I've got NO problems with york being named favourites for super league takes all the pressure of FEV 😀 but I don't want to burst your bubble  S  harrison is tool he spouts out BS  on a podcast along side his mate knob jockey gledhill in which he came out with some interesting  knights stats  to justify his claim

Put it this way in 19 you finishes 3rd in 20 you were bottom losing all 4 games in 21 finished ninth and this year finished 6th but according to him you’ve  got a top five Championship squad, probably a top four squad historically over the last three years. and furthermore So, when you say who are the favourites to win that league next year? You would put York in the top three favourites.🥳

So with harrison and rugby you have to take wiyh a pinch of salt🧂

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, POR said:

I've got NO problems with york being named favourites for super league takes all the pressure of FEV 😀 but I don't want to burst your bubble  S  harrison is tool he spouts out BS  on a podcast along side his mate knob jockey gledhill in which he came out with some interesting  knights stats  to justify his claim

Put it this way in 19 you finishes 3rd in 20 you were bottom losing all 4 games in 21 finished ninth and this year finished 6th but according to him you’ve  got a top five Championship squad, probably a top four squad historically over the last three years. and furthermore So, when you say who are the favourites to win that league next year? You would put York in the top three favourites.🥳

True.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, POR said:

Stop being so patronising , it is a journo view , not ours. We KNOW we are far from the finished product and it will be some years before we make the grade.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, White Knight said:

I don’t have a view of whether crowds are improving as they are never published, other than in the end of year publication of the RL yearbook. I guess we’ll have to wait until then to draw a comparison between this year and last. I’m sure I am not the only one that finds this deeply frustrating. If, as you say, crowds are trending in the right direction, surely we’d want to make a song and dance about it. That can have such a positive effect in encouraging more people to attend matches and show fans that we are, indeed, going in the right direction. 

TBH, I am as much in the dark over crowds as you. I was just thinking of the longer term trend going back to when we were in L1. Does seem bizarre that the club, or is it the stadium management, are so secretive about this statistic.

• Like 2

The question of crowd figures has been mentioned loads of times. Isn’t it time whoever is in charge to tell the public why attendance’s aren’t published 

• Like 6

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward