Which team winning RLWC2021 .....

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Actually Now that I think about Imagine the scenes if Papua New Guinea won the World Cup. It would be that special that it would change the course of the country forever. Easily a far greater impact than any other country winning it.

And now this? 

Reasons given but now a different country ? 

What are you playing at?

27 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

England or France.

Someone other than Australia or NZ winning it would be huge.

Yeah...France is in my head too. I guess the % gain would be bigger than England but from a smaller base. But the England win would be a bigger overall impact (if measuring increased money, media and participation etc )

• Confused 1

I think England for sure. I think we have seen in other sports that when England wins or does well there is a lot of bandwagon jumping. With unprecedented TV coverage there will be more eyes on any England success than the sport has seen before.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah...France is in my head too. I guess the % gain would be bigger than England but from a smaller base. But the England win would be a bigger overall impact (if measuring increased money, media and participation etc )

As in let's say French RL is 'worth' a million quid then if it triples it's now worth 3 milion 

If English RL is 'worth' £20 million and doubles then it's £40 million 

The French impact is % wise a bigger overall increase (which I think it would be) but the impact in terms of money and participation etc would be a smaller increase in actual numbers to the RL world 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think England for sure. I think we have seen in other sports that when England wins or does well there is a lot of bandwagon jumping. With unprecedented TV coverage there will be more eyes on any England success than the sport has seen before.

Think sponsorship and attendances go up massively? Or just a bit?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Think sponsorship and attendances go up massively? Or just a bit?

They should but that's were the sport should be looking to capitalise. Unfortunately many of those bandwagon jumpers probably won't even have a local team to follow but that's another debate. There is no reason our existing clubs couldn't capitalise on any feelgood factor.

The RFL should really have the international schedule in place for next year and should be selling those tickets now and advertising them by piggybacking off the World Cup. Ditto with sponsorship. As ever they are way off capitalising as they should.

Edited by Damien

10 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Actually Now that I think about Imagine the scenes if Papua New Guinea won the World Cup. It would be that special that it would change the course of the country forever. Easily a far greater impact than any other country winning it.

Wow, so instead of inching northwest at about 10cm`s per year with the rest of the Indo-Pacific plate, what direction do you expect Papua New Guinea to head in.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Damien said:

They should but that's were the sport should be looking to capitalise. Unfortunately many of those bandwagon jumpers probably won't even have a local team to follow but that's another debate. There is no reason our existing clubs couldn't capitalise on any feelgood factor.

The RFL should really have the international schedule in pace for next year and should be selling those tickets now. Ditto with sponsorship. As ever they are way off capitalising as they should.

Worry is that RU clubs would benefit from the success with more kids etc 

Did RL clubs up north get any upboost after the RU 2003 win? I.e. "I'm taking my kid to our local 'rugby' club to play " etc

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Worry is that RU clubs would benefit from the success with more kids etc 

Did RL clubs up north get any upboost after the RU 2003 win? I.e. "I'm taking my kid to our local 'rugby' club to play " etc

It's not really difficult, even in the North, to take a kid to a RU club. RL wouldn't have got any benefit.

I think any team outside of Aus and NZ. 

England would be big for the game here, and would be positive worldwide to hopefully show that it's not all about Oz.

France would be outstanding in the lead to the next World Cup there.

Anyone else would be great.