Season tickets 2023

NickD

Season tickets 2023  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How much should we charge for next year? Doncaster charged £60, Hunslet £120 and Cornwall £99.

3 minutes ago, NickD said:

How much should we charge for next year?  Doncaster charged £60, Hunslet £120 and Cornwall £99.  

Whatever we charge I reckon we should give at least one to every new Householder in the new estate opposite.  Will be worth it if we get even a few lifelong supporters moving forward.   

6 hours ago, NickD said:

Whatever we charge I reckon we should give at least one to every new Householder in the new estate opposite.  Will be worth it if we get even a few lifelong supporters moving forward.   

Our season ticket sales over the last few years have verged on pathetic if honest 🤔

It's just a shame some kind of system couldn't be devised where the more we sell the cheaper it becomes 🤔

Like this... Bearing in mind I think we only have 10 home games in championship 1

On sale at £120

If we sell 100 it goes down to £110

If we sell 200 it goes down to £100

If we sell 300 it goes down to £90

Just an idea🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, NickD said:

What where coolie, bsj , and graham live😉

14 hours ago, coolie said:

Our season ticket sales over the last few years have verged on pathetic if honest 🤔

It's just a shame some kind of system couldn't be devised where the more we sell the cheaper it becomes 🤔

Like this... Bearing in mind I think we only have 10 home games in championship 1

On sale at £120

If we sell 100 it goes down to £110

If we sell 200 it goes down to £100

If we sell 300 it goes down to £90

Just an idea🤔

Think recent sales have been poor because: a) we’ve been charging too much.   (£185 for 13 home games ain’t exactly a bargain for a game played in summer when most people are gunna miss a game or two).  b) We’ve been playing ###### rugby for too long. 
With regards the sliding scale; sounds good in principle but how’d I get my money back if I buy one early doors and then we sell 100s?  
I think you give people a bargain and try and get em thru the turnstiles.  Creates revenue at the bar and creates a better atmosphere.  Something that will be otherwise hard to generate with the likely attendances next year😜

10 home games.  Most people will miss one or two.  I’d charge £100.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NickD said:

Think recent sales have been poor because: a) we’ve been charging too much.   (£185 for 13 home games ain’t exactly a bargain for a game played in summer when most people are gunna miss a game or two).  b) We’ve been playing ###### rugby for too long. 
With regards the sliding scale; sounds good in principle but how’d I get my money back if I buy one early doors and then we sell 100s?  
I think you give people a bargain and try and get em thru the turnstiles.  Creates revenue at the bar and creates a better atmosphere.  Something that will be otherwise hard to generate with the likely attendances next year😜

You can't factor in people missing games - that is their decision. 10 games at a bargain £15 each, all seated, sounds about right to me: £150pp.

It may be time to get rid of concession prices for old folk too, considering that they make up more than 60% of the crowd.

Incentives are all well and good when they produce a result yet none that we or many other clubs have run over the years have really had any effect. The best thing is to continue to recruit well, generate an increase in interest and excitement in the town then build upon that.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

59 minutes ago, NickD said:

Quite simple really

You'd set a deadline ie one week before the season starts.. That would then give you a time scale and a finishing line, you pay the full price to start, and at the end of the offer, the difference is refunded on presentation of your full price season ticket, or even the difference could be issued in a voucher for merchandise in the shop. 

Simply workable offers to increase season ticket sales🤔

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You can't factor in people missing games - that is their decision. 10 games at a bargain £15 each, all seated, sounds about right to me: £150pp.

It may be time to get rid of concession prices for old folk too, considering that they make up more than 60% of the crowd.

Incentives are all well and good when they produce a result yet none that we or many other clubs have run over the years have really had any effect. The best thing is to continue to recruit well, generate an increase in interest and excitement in the town then build upon that.

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Agree on the concessions….especially since these days it’s retired folk that have all the brass.  
cant agree on the £150.   If it’s £150 I won’t buy even one. (I’m  one of BSJs idiots who still takes holidays even though I know I might miss a few games)

if it’s £100 I’ll buy two.  Maybe even treat the lad and get three, cos I know I will get my monies worth.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Agree on the concessions….especially since these days it’s retired folk that have all the brass.  
cant agree on the £150.   If it’s £150 I won’t buy even one. (I’m  one of BSJs idiots who still takes holidays even though I know I might miss a few games)

if it’s £100 I’ll buy two.  Maybe even treat the lad and get three, cos I know I will get my monies worth.   

FWIW I had a ST last year, like every year, and missed 4 home games (I didn't call anyone an idiot). I don't buy one for value for money but to support the club, a bit like you buying two (or three).

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 8

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

FWIW I had a ST last year, like every year, and missed 4 home games (I didn't call anyone an idiot). I don't buy one for value for money but to support the club, a bit like you buying two (or three).

You might well buy one to support the club but clearly many others don’t.  The only way to increase sales and the added benefits this brings is to take a punt and charge something like £100.    Loss leader sort of thing.   We won’t have many away fans next year so nows the time to try and increase our own numbers.   

As well as  Coolies suggestion might be time to look at other initiatives too;

A) season tickets holders can bring a friend / family  member to any game  for a tenner*?

B) season tickets include two free tickets for friends / family?

C) reduced rate for two or more season tickets.  Sort of family season ticket.  More than a single one, less than two.  Might encourage a few to bring their other halves   Might be too similar to a) but maybe not   

D) a “club” card. This would work well for those who can’t make every game.  YCCC use it.   We could pay £30 for the season amd then every game is £10.   If someone goes to every game that’s still £130*

E) under 24s season tickets at reduced rate.  Try somet to get some youngsters in  

F) Agree with BSJ about concessions too. It’s true to say these days that many of us retired folk probably have more disposable income than working folk   I’d charge same for all ages.   I’d apply this to game day too   Amazing how many fans are under 16 or over 60   Nearly all, looking at the turnstiles on match days   If I was gunna charge less it wouldn’t be for old folk   It’d be for youngsters   

G) three year memberships   The rhinos use these.  Keeps folk “interested” for three years at least and this year might help boost  the income when it’s needed most.

* These prices depend on what we might charge at the gate of course.  Surely not £18 for League1😜

As already mentioned, whatever we do, give one to all new home owners on the estate opposite. 

Could add on other initiatives such as 10% off at the bar with a season ticket.  That  adds value for tight gits like me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NickD said:

As well as  Coolies suggestion might be time to look at other initiatives too;

A) season tickets holders can bring a friend / family  member to any game  for a tenner*?

B) season tickets include two free tickets for friends / family?

C) reduced rate for two or more season tickets.  Sort of family season ticket.  More than a single one, less than two.  Might encourage a few to bring their other halves   Might be too similar to a) but maybe not   

D) a “club” card. This would work well for those who can’t make every game.  YCCC use it.   We could pay £30 for the season amd then every game is £10.   If someone goes to every game that’s still £130*

E) under 24s season tickets at reduced rate.  Try somet to get some youngsters in  

F) Agree with BSJ about concessions too. It’s true to say these days that many of us retired folk probably have more disposable income than working folk   I’d charge same for all ages.   I’d apply this to game day too   Amazing how many fans are under 16 or over 60   Nearly all, looking at the turnstiles on match days   If I was gunna charge less it wouldn’t be for old folk   It’d be for youngsters   

G) three year memberships   The rhinos use these.  Keeps folk “interested” for three years at least and this year might help boost  the income when it’s needed most.

* These prices depend on what we might charge at the gate of course.  Surely not £18 for League1😜

As already mentioned, whatever we do, give one to all new home owners on the estate opposite. 

Could add on other initiatives such as 10% off at the bar with a season ticket.  That  adds value for tight gits like me. 

Agree on most of that, but freebies for the new house owners ? Depends on the demographic I suppose, but I imagine the number of those tickets being acquired by chancers for sale on eBay, or being touted to supporters might well more than neutralise any financial gain. It occurs to me though that there will be a dearth of local watering holes with the Royal Oak closing, so maybe we should look at making the South stand bar an attractive proposition, (maybe a form of sports and social club/pub for the locals), to lure them in, offering discounted matchday tickets and reduced rates for the sports pitches. Maybe even make the gym available. Just a thought.

Edited by grumpyoldram
  • Like 3
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

How about £140 and get a replica shirt free or say £120 and a percentage off a shirt.

Seeing you had Ellgren like us this season

Distribution for us was appalling 

Resulting that anybody larger than a Large didn't get a replica shirt🤔

Wonder how Leigh & Workington went on with their delivery 🤔

• Like 1

I'll read through the thread properly once I've posted this comment but £120 is a fair price for League 1 rugby I think. We only have 10 home games instead of 13 and the standard of rugby in that league is hardly the best, which we haven't been playing in the last few years either. We've signed a good quality of player so far so cheaper season tickets should bring people on board.

35 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Can't believe Huddersfield can't get more fans at them prices,not bad for SL.

12 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Can't believe Huddersfield can't get more fans at them prices,not bad for SL.

Last season they were £99 for early bird purchasers. This shows what a hard furrow RL has to plough.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

These are all Championship/SL clubs. So not comparing apples with apples.

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1
rambo.gif

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not really...We're in League 1 now BSJ...Less games, poorer product, greater the degree of need...

Edited by NickD

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Not really...We're in League 1 now BSJ...Less games, poorer product, greater the degree of need...

Read my post Nick: "Most clubs have yet to publish their prices".

You complain about a "poorer product" yet last season you were advocating relegation in order to make the matches more attractive to watch. Make your mind up, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

These are all Championship/SL clubs. So not comparing apples with apples.

Really? Well I never.

37 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Really? Well I never.

Yes we finished 2nd bottom of the Championship so have now been relegated. We won’t be facing any of the clubs you listed. 

You need to be looking for ticket prices at Hunslet, Cornwall and London Skolars to make a useful comparison.

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1
rambo.gif