Season tickets 2023

NickD

Season tickets 2023  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How much should we charge for next year? Doncaster charged £60, Hunslet £120 and Cornwall £99.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Yes we finished 2nd bottom of the Championship so have now been relegated. We won’t be facing any of the clubs you listed. 

You need to be looking for ticket prices at Hunslet, Cornwall and London Skolars to make a useful comparison.

Thanks for the advice. Could you let us know what their prices are, please?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Read my post Nick: "Most clubs have yet to publish their prices".

You complain about a "poorer product" yet last season you were advocating relegation in order to make the matches more attractive to watch. Make your mind up, please.

Oh dear.  Typical BSJ.  You know exactly what I mean 😀.   I for one are looking forward very much to see us compete week in week out but let’s not kid ourselves that the rugby will be of the same standard.  
I read your post.  What Championship clubs are charging is irrelevant.  Ok we dont know what league 1 clubs might charge for 2023 but what they charged this year is a useful guide.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks for the advice. Could you let us know what their prices are, please?

Read your own post BSJ.  We don’t yet know what they’ll be charging for 2023. 

29 minutes ago, NickD said:

Oh dear.  Typical BSJ.  You know exactly what I mean 😀.   I for one are looking forward very much to see us compete week in week out but let’s not kid ourselves that the rugby will be of the same standard.  
I read your post.  What Championship clubs are charging is irrelevant.  Ok we dont know what league 1 clubs might charge for 2023 but what they charged this year is a useful guide.  

Which is what you originally posted. What other clubs are charging, despite being outside of our division, is not irrelevant unless you are simply linear in your imagination. I attached the links as an attempt to add some data - you choose to bicker about it.

Typical NickD.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My assumption is all these suggested prices are for standing 🤔 My view is, I paid £200 for seating last season and if it’s more than £150 would seriously consider not renewing even though I want to support the club.

Ideally, £120 standing £100 concession, £140 seating £120 concession Under 16 free

if a 3 year option is available I would seriously consider it at 3 times the above prices  

Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

17 hours ago, MirfieldRams said:

My assumption is all these suggested prices are for standing 🤔 My view is, I paid £200 for seating last season and if it’s more than £150 would seriously consider not renewing even though I want to support the club.

Ideally, £120 standing £100 concession, £140 seating £120 concession Under 16 free

if a 3 year option is available I would seriously consider it at 3 times the above prices  

The South Stand is unlikely to be open next season I believe.

It is a difficult balance to achieve - we want a competitive team, challenging for promotion yet seemingly want cheap access to watch them. This is common to all clubs in the league, I expect.

Money is tight all round and folk have to be careful where they spend what little they have spare. On the other hand, clubs aren't immune from the economic malaise that is affecting us all - I hear horror stories of energy bills multiplying 4-fold or more, with no OFGEM ceiling applying to commercial enterprises. Balancing the books, both personally and commercially, is going to require keen judgement next year.

It will be interesting to see what the club come up with and I suspect that the vast majority will opt for paying on the gate, possibly making this discussion fairly irrelevant.

• Like 1

For me I don't have a problem closing the southstand for one season, I've stood on there since it was built, and most probably my little brass plaque will rest there by the side of Crown Flatter & Blindside Johnny.. If only to torment them in the afterlife, there is practically going to be no or very little support from the away fans.. I'd rather see the saving of money to close it running about on the field in a shirt, than rattling about in a stand with 200 folk in, its for one season I'm sure we can put up with no standing in our usual places for a season, we have now more concessions than full price paying fan's, it will give the old lads & lasses a chance to try out sitting down for a game.. You never know they might like it, we've had a lot of positivity from the fans regarding signings for 2023,lets not slip back into been negative about something financially that makes total sense, I don't wanna hear "I've stood in that southstand since I came back from the Boar War and if I can't stand there I'm not going" if it saves the club a couple of K a game, that's 20k a season, don't forget it's only for 10 games... I'm sure we can all make the sacrifice for them 10 games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1