World Cup Jerseys

41 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Who, if anyone, is accountable for the fact that a Wales shirt isn't out yet? 

I've just been on the website to look at buying the young un some Scotland shorts in an incredible show of maturity and there is ###### all. Oh, i'm wrong, if you click on the kids section, there are 6 products.

If anyone buys one of those Kappa t-shirts, i'll swim to Greenock

Who is making these decisions?

I went on Scotlands store yesterday and they had lovely bobble hats for 15 quid. But estimated delivery around 14 days! So after the match I'm going to. 

On the RLWC site they have less nice bobble hats at 26 quid. 

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Good to all the countries sticking with their traditional colours. We all of them apart from us of course and that shambles of a kit.

I'm sure it's all been discussed a lot, but why have we changed colour?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I'm sure it's all been discussed a lot, but why have we changed colour?

There's a whole thread about it.

In short, it seems Oxen were due to release a new kit for England this year anyhow, the St George's cross flag shirt hadn't sold particularly well, and market research suggested blue was a popular colour.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There's a whole thread about it.

In short, it seems Oxen were due to release a new kit for England this year anyhow, the St George's cross flag shirt hadn't sold particularly well, and market research suggested blue was a popular colour.

Though nobody knows who was asked the question during the extensive market research, certainly not any rugby league fans. Maybe to save money they just tagged onto Everton’s market research. 

Edited by Eddie

15 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

(timeless classic)

I think this shirt is much much better than the Samoa and Tongan one's.  I find those too fussy, this is just a nice shirt, clean lines and well balanced.

I liked it the first time I saw it and still do.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Interesting that the Lebs are able to organise a decent, reputable manufacturer like Canterbury, while supposedly "bigger" nations like Fiji and England are running about in no-name brands like "Legend" and "Oxen".

I would happily buy one of those Lebanon jerseys if they are on general sale. 

12 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Who, if anyone, is accountable for the fact that a Wales shirt isn't out yet? 

That would be the Wales Rugby League.

It's their shirt.

All the official RLWC stuff is on the RLWC website and that it is all they have responsibility for (and this is completely normal for all major tournaments across all sports).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

It would be good if the RLWC online shop sold all the official merch, rather than the knock off rubbish that they have for each country on there that I wouldn’t clean my bog with. 

It is selling the official merch.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

27 minutes ago, The One said:

I’ve got an awesome Jamaica shirt made by Kukri from 10 or so years ago, possibly may favourite rl shirt. That new one is awful.

I think some of the off-field Jamaican stuff has gone downhill in recent years, essentially since they qualified for the RLWC and a certain Leeds-based DJ got involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

8 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I think some of the off-field Jamaican stuff has gone downhill in recent years, essentially since they qualified for the RLWC and a certain Leeds-based DJ got involved.

You know how bad things have turned when Alex Simmonds is actually the first name that comes to mind when mentioning “a certain Leeds-based DJ”

• Haha 1