World Cup Jerseys

Just now, meast said:

Can't be Hunslet as their colours are Myrtle and Flame, or they were always listed as the official colours 👍

I'm not talking about League 1 Hunslet mate - i'm talking about my team, Hunslet Club Parkside. The best team in Hunslet and fingers crossed by this time tomorrow NCL Premier division champions 🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We can call them Guernseys if you'd like, or Alderneys or Sarks. Whichever suits. 👍

To be fair Oxen believes them to be scilliys.......

Oooh a coat!

7 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm not talking about League 1 Hunslet mate - i'm talking about my team, Hunslet Club Parkside. The best team in Hunslet and fingers crossed by this time tomorrow NCL Premier division champions 🤞

I knew that at least. Can’t believe I mentioned Woolston over Parkside 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Don’t Aussies call the sleeveless shirts as worn in the AFL Guernseys? At what point does it become a guernsey?

God knows. I'm not a fashion expert but I think I'm right in saying a Guernsey is actually a completely different garment to a Jersey. Or rather they are both kinds of jumpers but different designs. An actual traditional Jersey or Guernsey is nothing like a polyester rugby shirt at all, I think they're more of a thick wool affair that were originally knitted for fishermen. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

God knows. I'm not a fashion expert but I think I'm right in saying a Guernsey is actually a completely different garment to a Jersey. Or rather they are both kinds of jumpers but different designs. An actual traditional Jersey or Guernsey is nothing like a polyester rugby shirt at all, I think they're more of a thick wool affair that were originally knitted for fishermen. 

Yes but for whatever reason the Aussies have appropriated Jersey and Guernsey to mean sports shirts. 

15 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Yes but for whatever reason the Aussies have appropriated Jersey and Guernsey to mean sports shirts. 

These are also people though who've taken the word 'ripper' to mean very good when we all know it actually refers to a rather vicious fart that rips your bum hole, and indeed your underwear, open. 

• Haha 2

PNG are wearing some very nice ISC training kit in their social media output, but still no idea how or where to buy any of it. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 08/10/2022 at 06:50, CrushersForever said:

It's like they accidentally swapped the designs for the jersey and the training shirt...

https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/rugby-league-ireland-games-shirt-v1-green-white.html

I own a great number of replica sporting shirts for Irish teams, but needless to say, neither of those will be joining the collection. They are truly hideous.....