World Cup Jerseys

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Exactly but it shouldn’t be that way IMO.

The only way for it to be different would be for the RLWC to design, produce and market every country's jerseys through an individual supplier.

Which would, potentially, take money away from the participating countries.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

39 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The only way for it to be different would be for the RLWC to design, produce and market every country's jerseys through an individual supplier.

Which would, potentially, take money away from the participating countries.

What’s to stop the RLWC/IRL copyrighting the WC logo for each WC and allowing each individual manufacturer to use it under the agreement that the RLWC are allowed to sell the shirts prior to and at the WC? Surely the profit to the manufacturer is the same but it also drives interest at the WC. There aren’t many people who will pay full price for a WC endorsed shirt after the WC is over. EBay awaits.

1 hour ago, Live after death said:

Italian national kits in most sports always look great, providing you like Blue

luckily according to Oxen and the RFL everyone loves blue... 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gogledd said:

I was going to buy one but I hate those feathers. A German badge given to us by an English Prince whose first language was French.

The Red Dragon is all we need.

I'll check out some of the other stuff on sale at the first game.

• Like 3

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Fair play to Oxen for not reducing the England shirt price in the run up to the competition. They've shown real courage in the face of their base instincts. I'd even allow them another training top for how restrained they've been.

• Haha 5

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

France, Tonga, PNG, and Samoa all have cracking kits............I suppose it should be relatively easy to buy one seen as the tournament is in England right?.......any ideas?

The Kiwi shirt is class.......been pretty much the same for years apart from the occasional Maori tribal bits they add on every now and then........don't have a clue who PIRTEK are but I've got about 5 kiwi/parra jerseys with it on...
Great sponsor.

• Like 1

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Is it too much to request all players to wear their football boots, or provide them, in these photo shoots?.. rather than have them wear their own trainers.. or in some cases, nothing at all.

It's all in the detail.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 09/10/2022 at 23:39, Josef K said:

Are any of these international tops cotton, or is it the usual material that is used nowadays. Id buy a RL shirt if it was cotton. 

I spend I disturbing amount of time looking for old cotton Rugby League jerseys on Ebay........can't beat em.

It's a shame they aren't really done anymore but with modern sublimation printing the cotton ones must cost a fortune in comparison.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

The only good thing about that Welsh shirt is that it's white,  green,  red, black and amber.

Covers Keighley and the Bulls.

Sod the rest of you.

😉😁😉

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Is it too much to request all players to wear their football boots, or provide them, in these photo shoots?.. rather than have them wear their own trainers.. or in some cases, nothing at all.

It's all in the detail.

I did spend longer thinking "that Welsh lad needs to buy new trainers" than really looking at the shirts.. 

I assumed greece and Lebanon turned up in suits with wedding shoes hence not wearing any... surely they had some shoes that would work ffs!

1 hour ago, RP London said:

I did spend longer thinking "that Welsh lad needs to buy new trainers" than really looking at the shirts.. 

I assumed greece and Lebanon turned up in suits with wedding shoes hence not wearing any... surely they had some shoes that would work ffs!

Photoshoot basics. Fail.

Also, don’t promote brands we don’t work with.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Not a criticism but wonder if the organising committee have missed a trick in not trying to strike a deal with oddballs. Already have deals in place with the roos plus club teams over here. Part of the profits go to cancer charities too and really good quality stuff. Good range of both mens and womens and do hats, gloves etc as well as pants and all the rest. All dead smart looking too.

https://www.myoddballs.com/products/england-rugby-league-red-mens-boxer-shorts

*Edit

maybe they have but would be nice to see a range representing every team 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

The Wales kit would be great minus that sponsor........even the white box it's in looks wonky

WalesKitFront_hays_2048x2048.png?v=16654

Would prefer the traditional Welsh emblem. Why do we always have to muck around with the emblems.

5 hours ago, rlno1 said:

Would prefer the traditional Welsh emblem. Why do we always have to muck around with the emblems.

I much prefer the dragon’s head. The Prince of Wales’ feathers are just a tie to the crown aren’t they? Aside from the WRU do many Welsh national teams use the PoW feathers? Genuine question.

54 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I much prefer the dragon’s head. The Prince of Wales’ feathers are just a tie to the crown aren’t they? Aside from the WRU do many Welsh national teams use the PoW feathers? Genuine question.

hw_panel_red.png

The main Wales national netball side is the Welsh Feathers.

Wales football had the feathers in their first couple of years but have had the shield of the association (always a dragon) since 1880.

In cricket, of course, they proudly wear the three lions because they are but an adjunct to the England & Wales Cricket board's representative team, always shortened to England, who play under the St George's cross and sing Jerusalem when they walk out at Cardiff.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

That do you mean....they're nothing alike 😁

s-l1600.png

You cant fully see it on the image of the VX3 jersey, but I would potentially be very worried about using what looks like the Puma form stripe as part of that shirt.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk