Toronto Wolfpack

Got into a bit of a rabbit hole looking at the sport across the planet and clubs. I had a look to see what was going on at Toronto, out of interest. 

Notably, their website no longer exists. They also pulled away from a sponsor for their new shirt, which also isn’t on sale. 

What’s going on there?

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Got into a bit of a rabbit hole looking at the sport across the planet and clubs. I had a look to see what was going on at Toronto, out of interest. 

Notably, their website no longer exists. They also pulled away from a sponsor for their new shirt, which also isn’t on sale. 

What’s going on there?

It's looking like it is moreso being filed under the heading of 'Confined to History' as far as being in the British Rugby League System is concerned, can they resurrect in North America?

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's looking like it is moreso being filed under the heading of 'Confined to History' as far as being in the British Rugby League System is concerned, can they resurrect in North America?

I was looking to see how they were resurrecting in NA and I think it’s a non-starter from what I can see. 

Creating a new website isn't the same as it no longer existing. It has all gone very quiet though and hopefully whatever is happening with NARL can be sorted but there has been no news on that since the start of the year either. As the USARL only has a handful of clubs hopefully some sort of Toronto team can throw their lot in with them. It's just all a shambles really.

One thing is for certain, it would be a shame if all the work and support in Toronto goes to waste.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Creating a new website isn't the same as it no longer existing. It has all gone very quiet though and hopefully whatever is happening with NARL can be sorted but there has been no news on that since the start of the year either. As the USARL only has a handful of clubs hopefully some sort of Toronto team can throw their lot in with them. It's just all a shambles really.

One thing is for certain, it would be a shame if all the work and support in Toronto goes to waste.

I'm fairly confident in saying you can file NARL with Euro XIII.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Barley Mow said:

So they'll both be up and running next year!?! 😉

Yes.

The details will follow shortly after a podcast appearance and the setting up of an online merch stall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

23 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm fairly confident in saying you can file NARL with Euro XIII.

Definitely, the NARL was pitifully underfunded for what they wanted to achieve.  When the additional investment they were apparently trying to attract didn't come through for them that put an end to the venture.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Come on fellas...don't beat the poor old wolf when he is down.  It was the strychnine that Elstone put in the food that done it!

Hi K'man I have missed our discussions.

Please don't put the blame Elstone he was only the marionette doing what he was told to do whilst being dangled by the Super League mafioso ....................... enter the names applicable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jughead said:

What’s going on there?

Nowt. 😐

• Haha 1

The NARL is all but dead and has caused significant damage to the sport in North America. The people clinging onto it need to formally draw a line under it so all the teams in North America know where they stand and can come together.

Hopefully, Toronto can join up with other Canadian teams and form a league as there seems to be some activity there. If in the next few years we can get the east coast teams back together, a Canadian league plus California, it could start to build ground up but this is Rugby League so...

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

20 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi K'man I have missed our discussions.

Please don't put the blame Elstone he was only the marionette doing what he was told to do whilst being dangled by the Super League mafioso ....................... enter the names applicable.

Its not looking good on this end Harry.  Fall is here and there has been a good harvest of hickory nuts but not so many black walnuts this year.   I've been feasting on quite a few different species of wild mushrooms....in fact I have some dried and I'm going to send them over there....make sure Elstone gets them will ya....he will just love the ones I have picked out for him!

• Haha 4

There seems to be a new Toronto team starting up: Toronto City Saints.

As far as the NARL decimating the USARL, I want to know how the USA plan to enter RLWC2025 qualifications if they don't meet the minimum standards anymore.

• Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its not looking good on this end Harry.  Fall is here and there has been a good harvest of hickory nuts but not so many black walnuts this year.   I've been feasting on quite a few different species of wild mushrooms....in fact I have some dried and I'm going to send them over there....make sure Elstone gets them will ya....he will just love the ones I have picked out for him!

You will be making a mistake by sending the mushrooms to the wrong fella(s).

37 minutes ago, Pulga said:

As far as the NARL decimating the USARL, I want to know how the USA plan to enter RLWC2025 qualifications if they don't meet the minimum standards anymore.

Do you know, if anyone is making any attempt to draw together all the disparate factions over there?

There seems to be a reasonable amount of interest (even if limited activity) so it would make sense if someone (IRL) was speaking to the various groups with a view to uniting them before the qualifying rounds of the next RLWC.

From the outside, they seem to be being allowed to just wither on the vine.

What are the issues which prevent them from being drawn together under one (governing body) umbrella?

I suspect it's the potential to make some money (down the line) from selling franchises into a professional sports body, thereby spawning many different and intransigent claimants to the title of ''owners'' of the governing body.

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Do you know, if anyone is making any attempt to draw together all the disparate factions over there?

There seems to be a reasonable amount of interest (even if limited activity) so it would make sense if someone (IRL) was speaking to the various groups with a view to uniting them before the qualifying rounds of the next RLWC.

From the outside, they seem to be being allowed to just wither on the vine.

What are the issues which prevent them from being drawn together under one (governing body) umbrella?

I suspect it's the potential to make some money (down the line) from selling franchises into a professional sports body, thereby spawning many different and intransigent claimants to the title of ''owners'' of the governing body.

Yes, there's an attempt to reform the USARL going on now. Hopefully, that bears fruit and the game can kick on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You will be making a mistake by sending the mushrooms to the wrong fella(s).

I will include the entire whole new Tory Cabinet on the mailing list (just to make sure).

That should get things rolling.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pulga said:

TCS were formed before the TWP were. The domestic Ontario league became dormant when TWP came along or shortly after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

TCS were formed before the TWP were. The domestic Ontario league became dormant when TWP came along or shortly after.

Why?