Kaiser Chiefs to Headline Opening Game

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

A dull second rate indie band imho, but I know I’m in the minority and that they’re very popular so a good choice from the RFL. That said I’m glad I won’t be there to hear the tedious Ruby. 

would disagree- 4th rate at best - a warm up practice for them before they play the arenas in front of the brainless mass consumers that line up shoulder to shoulder 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

would disagree- 4th rate at best - a warm up practice for them before they play the arenas in front of the brainless mass consumers that line up shoulder to shoulder 

Have to say johnny, there is nothing more nauseating that a culture snob - projecting a sense of superiority and sneering at people just because they happen to enjoy something different to you.

• Like 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Have to say johnny, there is nothing more nauseating that a culture snob - projecting a sense of superiority and sneering at people just because they happen to enjoy something different to you.

What about someone wafting a pint under your nose when you wake up after a massive all day session? 

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's awful when things are popular.

I'd hate for that to happen to rugby league.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's just weird isn't it. 

I understand people discussing whether they think they are an appropriate choice (the reaction online appears positive), but just slating them, and even worse being offensive to people who do like them just doesn't make sense. 

It's pretty easy to have a view that it's not for you without insulting people who do like them. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What about someone wafting a pint under your nose when you wake up after a massive all day session? 

or a bottle of buckfast mixed with a pint of milk - drank straight off then going on the faiirground waltzer ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's just weird isn't it. 

I understand people discussing whether they think they are an appropriate choice (the reaction online appears positive), but just slating them, and even worse being offensive to people who do like them just doesn't make sense. 

It's pretty easy to have a view that it's not for you without insulting people who do like them. 

who have I insulted and how?

billy idol is about to go on tour over here - plastic punk and ageing maybe but not bland and boring like the outdated choice been offered up here - and he would really whip it up -cmon think abart it 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think 'brainless mass consumers' is a compliment. 

that goes for 95 % of modern society - not aimed at any one on here - to be an rl fan you have to be highly intelligent 

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

that goes for 95 % of modern society - not aimed at any one on here - to be an rl fan you have to be highly intelligent 

Johnny, how about a HMHB set?

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

we dont want to advertise "much much more" and then get accused of lying to on the posters 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People, this is not a music forum. And, like I've said before, 99% of people on "actual" music forums know next to zero about music,

Let it go.

(On the other hand, if you absolutely want to discuss music, PM me. And, chances are, I'll say "jam session". Saying stuff, one thing; playing it, another.)

47 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I think that Karl the guitarist lives in St Helens so there'd be some on here who'd complain.  Not me, I've seen them twice this year.

Johnny, I've got a vague recollection of you saying you were a Graham Coxon fan (could be wrong here). He seems OK with the Kaiser Chiefs.  I'm going for the rugby so don't care one way or another about the band but I don't think they are a bad shout at all.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque