Kaiser Chiefs to Headline Opening Game

11 minutes ago, LEEDSLADGONE SOUTH said:

Hope they’re better than at pubs in the park. Vocals were a bit of a letdown to say the least 

Bands are usually better at their own gigs than festivals for sound production it's their own gear and engineers.

5 hours ago, redjonn said:

Actually I always think about the Finnish rock band the Leningrad Cowboys and their Happy being Miserable song when associating with RL fans. For those who not heard the song well here you are and tell me if it shouldn't be RL fans anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaU1OVs1fP4

well Morrissey is on tour in the Uk at the moment - i went to see him last week in fact - could have picked him 

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes he really would have got the crowd going.....

set list 

1 stop me if you think you've heard this one before 

2 disappointed

3 you were good in your time 

4I know its gonna happen someday 

5 do your best and dont  worry 

6 nowhere fast.........................................................................................................................................................

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

34 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

set list 

1 stop me if you think you've heard this one before 

2 disappointed

3 you were good in your time 

4I know its gonna happen someday 

5 do your best and dont  worry 

6 nowhere fast.........................................................................................................................................................

First of the gang to die..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

well Morrissey is on tour in the Uk at the moment - i went to see him last week in fact - could have picked him 

Bet that was good. Yes they should have picked him to play would  be better than boring football mad Kaiser Chiefs supporting the opening game. Still could do the usual RL supporters thing and get in 5 mins before kick off.

Just now, hunslet ramone said:

Bet that was good. Yes they should have picked him to play would  be better than boring football mad Kaiser Chiefs supporting the opening game. Still could do the usual RL supporters thing and get in 5 mins before kick off.

Is Morrissey a big Rugby League fan then?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Swinton season ticket holder. Every day is like Sunday was about his boyhood trips to Station Road. 

I almost fell for that one.😳

I'm convinced I saw Morrissey at about 2am on the 67 night bus heading towards Eccles a decade or so ago. I was completely sober at the time as well so must've been him.👍

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I almost fell for that one.😳

I'm convinced I saw Morrissey at about 2am on the 67 night bus heading towards Eccles a decade or so ago. I was completely sober at the time as well so must've been him.👍

What were you doing sober on a bus at 2am? 

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What were you doing sober on a bus at 2am? 

I wasn't! I was being a tad sarcastic and my vision may have been slightly impaired.😁

There was/is a poster on RLFans called Morrisseyisawire. I mean that would go a long way to explaining his cheery disposition! Although the song "You're the one for me fatty" was penned way before Wire signed Chris Sandow so no link there I'm afraid.😏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I wasn't! I was being a tad sarcastic and my vision may have been slightly impaired.😁

There was/is a poster on RLFans called Morrisseyisawire. I mean that would go a long way to explaining his cheery disposition! Although the song "You're the one for me fatty" was penned way before Wire signed Chris Sandow so no link there I'm afraid.😏

We hate it when our friends become successful is about someone leaving Warrington to go to the NRL.